+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Online Dating Sites

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

Online Dating Sites

have these wretched web sites devoted to online dating gotten out of control? theres a commercial for one every minute and it hasn't showed any sign of letting up. is it really that popular and/or successful? i think it would be a load of bull personally. i dont see how any of it could possibly work out and i would rather meet someone in person than send an e-mail or web site message. might just be me, but what do the rest of u think? has it gotten out of control or is this here to stay? also if anyone uses or has used one of these sites please help shed some light on this subject and tell ur experience.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online Dating

I do prefer meeting someone in person, but I also think that online dating can work out too, though I don't really know anyone who's been on eHarmony and married their match.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see it helping to break the ice and getting to know each other as long as they are being honest, because its easier with out realy being there on the spot to break the ice. But still nothing can ever replace real world interaction.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I had an online relationship here on ao at one point.. It was one of my better relationships but in the end it didnt work out...
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    have these wretched web sites devoted to online dating gotten out of control? theres a commercial for one every minute and it hasn't showed any sign of letting up. is it really that popular and/or successful? i think it would be a load of bull personally. i dont see how any of it could possibly work out and i would rather meet someone in person than send an e-mail or web site message. might just be me, but what do the rest of u think? has it gotten out of control or is this here to stay? also if anyone uses or has used one of these sites please help shed some light on this subject and tell ur experience.
    You might wanna edit the thread title before every kid here starts talking about their sad story on this site. In terms of dating sites, I have heard that success rates are pretty good. In fact the people do meet in person, as the site merely serves as a middle person to bring all these people together. We are having more and more work-dedicated professionals (or ppl that are slaves to their jobs), so that is why these sites are so popular.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

im not sure i am on like my 4th i think and 3 were from ao.... my new bf phil is closer to home but is still kinda online since we barely get to see each other... but it does work it just really takes time and commitment! my last 3 were one wasn't there for me... the next one cheated....the 3rd one i had to leave (because of my sister) and the one im with now everything is going well so yeah they work but its hard cos you don't get to be with them when u or they need someone....

Newbie wiccachick5 is off to a good start wiccachick5's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online Dating Sites

I agree with online dating sites, for I have found my fiance through, one, and now we live together and are very happy, since we would have never met if i never went online!
    My love for you was strong, it hurts to carry on, without you by my side, i now have to go hide!

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online Dating Sites

most people go oon those sites for lust not love, don't get me wrong some are on there for the right reasons and for some it does work out. and you're right they only serve as a middle ground for those who don't have time to go out to scial functions and meet people face to face right away as well its a bit easier for those that have a hard time walking up to a complete stranger they are attracted to and start a conversation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast