+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Online Flirts - Flirting online [AO Too]

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online Flirts - Flirting online [AO Too]

I do not do flirting......and that is that..........
    No offense....but I think it is really stupid and immature.............
    I hate when somebody tries to flirt with me.......GROW up!!!
    If someone had true feeling about me, I would really appreciate it if he would tell me straight away and not hide behind the "flirts"
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I've never really flirted at all, neither online nor offline.
    I love you Hassun

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    It doesn't really happen much to me here (it has once or twice), but on MySpace, it's ridiculous! I don't really mind the online flirting--in fact it's kinda flattering--but it does get tired pretty fast.

Do I flirt online? Hmm... I guess it depends on who I'm talkin' to. I don't really catch myself doin' it until I get a reply, LOL.

Would I mistake you for a girl? Well, I've never seen you, but if you've been mistaken for a girl, I'm sure you look a lot like one--no offense--which leads me to assume that I might. LOL.
    HE finds me HOT! is that what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I don't consider that flirting. I consider that genuine concern for a friend. I DO want to know how they are and I would give them a hug when they are feeling down in the mouth.

It doesn't piss me off, unless they don't get the hint that all I'm looking for is a friend.

I wouldn't mistake you for a girl, either. Lots of people do that, not just girls. (And lots of people have trouble judging with me, too . . .)
    Giving out comments on there pictures isn't flirting most of the time; it's normal. However if someone goes and contacts EVERY girl theycanfind on AO and not reply tothem if some of them were BOYS, something should ring'abell.

Quote Originally Posted by pink_hana View Post
    I think others flirt because the just need some entertainment...as for me, If ever I'll flirt on the net...it'd be for good, I actually want online relationships than personal ones...I guess I'm not ready yet huh??...but the bad thing about flirting is that, many gets hurt with it and I hate myself for being a victim once...

It pisses me off when it hurts me or others...

I certainly did not mistook u for a girl...^_^
    Hurting and flirting? How so?

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    i can say ive been flirted with a few times since ive been here, never flirted with anyone else. but i think its really stupid to try and make things happen online when most of us live hundreds of miles away from each other, i mean how many people get attracted to cyper sex? lol a bunch of loser thats who
    Who knows man, unless you know each other really well, then I suppose it's okay, however, if you go "*hugs and kisses* how are ya ^^ *kisses* hows u? *hugs tight*" every time in every line ... pervy much?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    C'mon, how many sigs do you see that I made that has guys? LOL
    Hint hint

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I've not flirted... or been flirted with on AO since I've come back.

I'm old and boring now.

I can't say I miss it.
    And this is where I would come in and be a smartass and say a good line.. but I have no clue as to what your gender is, so that sucks.

Anywho, do you think that they have no life, or are just kids with overflowing hormones?
    Neither. It's just fun! =D
    It's relaxing to go just that much further in a friendly relationship. It just shows that the two individuals feel that much more comfortable to be around each other. And that's always a good thing.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Nov 21, 2007 at 09:46 AM.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I didn't have much experience with this in the beginning here at Anime Online. Lately though I have. Just a couple of nights ago, I have five female members and two male members PMing me all at once. The males were not flirting, but all the female members were, to one point or another.

How do you know when flirting is really flirting, just being friendly, or playing around.

With some people the flirting is obvious, right out, smack you across the face flirting.

With others the flirting is not even really flirting. They are just excited, pumped-up, happy people who often find themselves in awkward positions, when their friendliness is mistaken for flirting.

Then there is the subtle flirt. The person who traverses the edge of the flirting precipice. They might want to flirt, but may be afraid to take the leap. Yet they hope someone will hold out their hand, and show them the way.

Worse are the people who flirt with you just to toy with you.

I am more than a bit shy in person, so I find it hard to start flirting with someone. Yet I have to admit I do enjoy being flirted with, most of the time. However, let's face it, none of us like to have someone flirt with us that we do not feel any kind of attraction for.

I find it hard to wade through the flirting that may happen on a site like Anime online. You can not hear their tone, see their body language, or see their facial expression. How do you know if they are even flirting, or if they are, do they really mean it. How do you learn to feel your way through, and deal with online flirting.

It takes awhile for me to start flirting back, even just friendly flirting. I don't want someone to get the wrong idea.

I even hurt one of the girls feelings. I think she was just friendly flirting with me over a few days, and finally I made a teasing, slightly flirtatious comment back. She took it wrong, and she said she felt sad about it. She took it completely the opposite way I meant it. I Pm'd her back that I didn't mean it that way, but she hasn't answered back. I admit I enjoyed her friendly flirts. (the -smiles-, the -sighs-, the -giggles-, etc). I felt it was all friendly, but perhaps I was wrong, maybe that is why I hurt her feelings. She is a nice, sweet, friendly person. Could I have handled it any different, maybe, but when you can not hear or see the person, how do you know?

I feel their is a limit, and sometimes people do cross it. You try to ask them to back off without hurting them, or having it turn ugly, but sometimes you can not avoid it. At the same time, you don't want to discourage flirting, you may miss out on someone really great.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    It takes awhile for me to start flirting back, even just friendly flirting. I don't want someone to get the wrong idea.

I even hurt one of the girls feelings. I think she was just friendly flirting with me over a few days, and finally I made a teasing, slightly flirtatious comment back. She took it wrong, and she said she felt sad about it. She took it completely the opposite way I meant it. I Pm'd her back that I didn't mean it that way, but she hasn't answered back. I admit I enjoyed her friendly flirts. (the -smiles-, the -sighs-, the -giggles-, etc). I felt it was all friendly, but perhaps I was wrong, maybe that is why I hurt her feelings. She is a nice, sweet, friendly person. Could I have handled it any different, maybe, but when you can not hear or see the person, how do you know?
    It all depends on the individual who's on the recieving end of the line. If they take the wrong way, it's completely their fault for miscomprehending the situation. I flirt, and there have been many many times guys have mistaken it with "oh, man. she wants to get with me!" HELL NO.

There is a difference though. With flirting and leading someone on.
    When you flirt, you flirt. When you lead someone on you make it clear that you're not just flirting, when in reality you could give two craps for the person you're getting intimate - I use the term loosely - with.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    And also, I have been mistaken for a girl several times.
    LOL i'm sorry, it calls for a quoting. xD

I'll admit to being asked out on the internet, and not just here on AO, but nothing ever comes of it because I just don't do online dating. It doesn't so much as piss me off as it does amuse me, and it's cute sometimes as well.

Some say that it's pointless and immature, but hey, I'd rather have fun on the net than to come off as an unfriendly and insociable individual.

And rave, I've never thought you were a girl before. xD

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess online flirting depends on how far you take it and how far the other person lets it go. I have to admit I've done my fair share of flirting and I've even dated a couple of people in this thread. Even someone that said it is stupid. I don't see a problem as Divine said giving someone a hug if they are down or If it's someone you consider family saying hugs and kisses. As others say it's flattering when you get hit on and it comes to a point where it has no effect and you start to get pissed off. Like if the person knows your married and they continue to hit on you or if you asked them politely to stop and then I consider it harassment. Flattery only gets you so far to before you become a pest. I admit that if you consider -hugs- or -glomps- flirting then I'm guilty. It's my way of greeting my friends. It's how I've always greeted them. It's how I would greet them in real life. What I really hate is if someone is flirting with me right in front of my husband. It drives me nuts. Then I have to hear him ***** about it for hours on end. Though he has his rights to do it.

As for mistaking you as a guy...ummm...I never did. I mean I kinda dated you back in the day so I knew you were not a guy.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

it doesn't appeal to me... online flirting just isn't my style... and i think it isn't appropriate to use the internet for that purpose... much more AO... i mean... flirting with someone on the net is just (i believe) an attempt to get into bed with someone, to play a prank on someone and anything of the like...

i don't like it...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast