+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Online forums of all kind

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online forums of all kind

I think this site has kind of lost its touch. Most of the people that I knew when I first came on here have left completely or are hardly ever on anymore, they made this site very interesting and now they're gone which in turn effects how often I'm on here. The people that are here now are OK, though.

However I have noticed this "depression" spreading around, allot of the forums I go to have slowed to a crawling pace and not half as many people are on as they use to be. I don't know why this is happening, maybe they're finding something better to do? Lol, the only reason I'm on here right now is becuase I don't have my 360.

To above statement: That sounds very plausible, just about everyone now has their own forums site, I know a handful of people from here do.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Funny I am replying to my own topic, but I wanted to throw something else in for you guys to think about. Perhaps maybe it is not the fact that forums are no longer "fun", but rather that the forum community is spread too thin.

Consider this fact. Any Joe Schmo can start his/her own forum for free.
    I think lack of original design has something to do with it, which is sort of along that line. Everyone starts an EZboard with a crappy color scheme and they think that's enough. AO has games! : D

There are dozens of anime forums, gaiaonline.com having its fair share of otaku.

I think attention span has a lot to do with it. Forums have a certain popularity among high school students, who may spend quite a bit of time around computers with nothing to do during the day. I'll admit that I started my Gaia account when I was bored and in my Junior year, but now that I have a lot of things to do, I can only dedicate myself really to something that captures my interest.

When you're younger, you have more time for seven hundred webcomics, three forums, and a page alone dedicated to addictingames.com, but when you have two jobs, school, and a social life, you can only take breaks for one or two websites periodically through the day : D.

People get older and they put away "childish things". People graduate high school or college and get so busy with their outside lives that they get out of the habit of posting and then they forget the site existed, which is sort of what happened with me, especially after the sundering of the original website. I lost interest for a while and stopped logging in for two years. Then I got a random e-mail and decided to come back.

I like this forum specifically because it is so well moderated, and because we have a lot of old grumpy otaku *coughLenMiyatacough* that make life interesting around here while I should be doing Criminal Justice Classwork.

Newbie RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Online forums havn't lost their appeal to me. For me the're a great source of information. Granted the vast majority of the time I'm in forums, the're automotive related ones. I go to these forums looking for help with my problems and to help others with theirs. As for AO, I don't see any issues with the forums here. The members here behave themselves and are pretty cool, unlike other anime forums I used to frequent.

"I look forward to continued immaturity followed by death" - Dave Barry
    "There's no such thing as too much power, just too little traction" - Me
    "I love sleep. It's the one place I'm safe from life and all the saddness it brings."

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

It does not matter what forums there are,it changes all the time in terms of quality.Of course i can't think of any but yes, there are very few that are like AnimeOnline where there are constant discussions about interesting information in life.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm... well this was the only fourm i've ever went to becuase it caught my intrest. maybe the fourms are too general like welcome to the fourm or sumthing with out a certain topic to catch minds like anime. anime isnt all anime and how it caught my eye is cool sweet work creator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2