+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Online relationships

Otaku Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft's Avatar
    Thanks

Online relationships

So lately I have been very confused, someone I thought that liked me on the net was actually flirting with everyone else behind my back, so i was wondering, how seriously people take online relationships and wether or not it is heathy to make those kinds of bonds with strangers.

I dont know, sometimes it may be easyer to tell a complete stranger on the net how you feel that to tell someone close to you, because its easyer to let it go becuase you might never see them again. And im sure it hurts just the same when someone betrays you on the net as in real life, and is it worth trying to form bonds with those people?

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Online relationships

Yes it hurts just as bad on the net as it does in real life. A net relationship is the very same thing as an actual relationship the only difference is that you don't get to see the person like you would in real life. I understand though why it would hurt when someone flirts with others. They may not take it as seriously as they would an actual relationship but you may see it as the perfect relationship. My advice is to let them know that it is something that you are taking seriously and if a bond is formed make sure they know right away. That is how my relationship is going I love the person even though it is online and he knows how important he is to me and that I mean it when I say I love him. The relationship to both of us is as real as night and day and we take it very seriously. So it depends on the people entering a net relationship.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

It hurts just as bad on the net, but I believe it is easier to let it go than in real life. I mean, you have never met this person in actuality, so why get caught up in his or hers mistake? I speak from personal experience. It is just easier to let it go online than it is to do so in real life. I don't take online relationships as serious as real life ones. I "dated" a guy online once. But I was young and had no clue as to what I was doing. He "cheated" behind my back.. and yeah.. I got hurt. But I got over it. I mean, there was no real chance anyway, right? I haven't actually dated in real life yet because I am just waiting for someone special to enter my life. But I do think that I would take real relationships way more seriously than what I did with the online relationship I had. I mean, there is actual interaction and such. I'm not saying online dating is bad.. I'm just saying.. it's probably better in rl than it is online. Online you do not have to worry about lots of things.. I believe online dating is just for fun, as to where dating in real life is to give you experience and history.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I was in a relationship just before this one I am in now. Plus to where out of the 5 months 3 1/2 months of it he had cheated on me and I was heart broken I was blaming myself saying I had done something wrong. It took Koga to show me that I hadn't and that it wasn't my fault. You can get as attached to someone on the net as you can in real life maybe even worse because you so desperately want to see this person. I mean would you want the guy you are calling your boyfriend weither it be online or in real life cheat on you? I know I wouldn't and I wouldn't do it to him so that's why it is just as much a relationship as it is in real life.

Thanks

All right, so the main thing here is a misconception of trust and loyalty. Which is why I partly do not agree with online dating. You cannot keep track of, nor see what the other person is doing behind your back. Trust them because you like them, and they like you? I don't think so. You never know who that person hiding behind the keyboard really is. At least in RL you get to "date" them and start to unfold their personality.

Thanks

Yes I agree with you there if you actually see them and get to know them then you see what they are doing but that is why there is a strong need for trust in your relationship. What if the person you are seeing moves away then it becomes an internet or phone relationship. That is just as bad as what you are talking about you know.

Thanks

I understand that, and totally agree. Which is why.. if a couple has had their time with each other, they both have to understand that long distance relationships are just as bad as online ones [in regardance to trust]. Unless they really love each other. Then there is no need to call it off.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

I like to flirt its fun but I don't like to get involved with people online like that
    net relationships are difficult and take a lot of work
    since you have to trust the person
    even though you know they still have desires you cant fulfill
    since your not there so they will eventually cheat
    ... maybe not all relationships end like this but most do ...
    I guess it could happen to me but I would have some difficulty believing/trusting him

yeah it would be a lot easier to let a relationship go if you've never spent time in person with the other person or seen them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast