+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Our fascination with underdogs.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Our fascination with underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    Well what people like about underdogs is that they are just like you and me and they know where they are coming from and we want them to win to put a regular guy on top and beat the guy who has the fame and wealth.
    Exactly. I think everyone has, at some point in their lives, been the underdog. What easier way to connect emotionally with your viewers than to run a theme that is widely known and experienced by everyone? It's always a major victory for movies, mangas, sports, and other forms of entertainment. We are naturally inclined to root for the underdog, because we know what it feels to be one.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Our fascination with underdogs.

As I see it, the majority of individuals don't have everything handed to them are average at best. Turning nothing into everything is the american dream I hear, so believing that even if the odds are against you, there is still a chance to succeed. Sadly, quite a few people don't reach this reality or cose to it, being that heart and persistence don't quite fill the gap when true experience and knowledge are part of the equation. Eh, it is the thought that counts though right? Giving hope to the hopeless is never a lost cause some can say, so I don't see the harm in it really.

I actually prefer the sad story over the good myself, since it can and usually does, put things into perspective. I prefer the hardships of life as initiative, rather than an unrealistic occurence and goal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2