+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Outcasts

Newbie INUYASHA is off to a good start INUYASHA's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Outcasts

Translated into English by tsurara:

How many of you feel like outcasts? Do you feel like when you're at school or that when you say something you're ignored? When you try to help someone are you ignored? When you're with your friends and they're talking about something you've never even heard about, do you feel left out?

Please write why.
    Last edited by tsurara; Jan 03, 2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Someone needs to use spellcheck and learn basic grammar...

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Outcasts

Feeling like an outcast. I’ve definitely had the feeling before. My time in middle school was when I felt like an outcast the most. My time in middle school was a very tough time for me. I had a lot of issues at the time with my confidence. It was very low and it led to many problems socially. It was very hard to interact with people. I didn’t have many friends back then and many of the ones I did interact with didn’t act like real friends. I remember many times that my voice would be cracked because I hadn’t used it most of the day because I simply wasn’t associating with anyone. It didn’t matter if I was the only person in the room or if I was in a crowd of people. I always felt lonely.

Presently, though, I don’t feel like an outcast anymore. When I entered high school I was able to meet some people who I felt I could really confide in and actually felt they deserved the title friend. They helped draw me out of my shell and helped me build my self-confidence back up.

When it comes to social standards, I don’t really pay attention enough to really know or really care.

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

When I was still at School, all those 2 years ago I was definatley an Outcast. Everyone at my school had to belong to a group. You were either part of the 'Cool' (Cool = bunch of brainless *bleeps* with rich parents and no future!) people or a skater, goth ect and I just didn't fit in anwhere apparently. I never really had any freinds within my school at all and preferred to go it alone as I knew I'd just end up standing around a bunch of people that were talking about stuff I had no intrest in. It was kinda disheartning at first, but I soon adapted to not caring anymore and lived in my pure individual world, untouched by fads and fashion.

Like Priestess Angel, this changed, but it was when I finally got a job. Even though living like a bum for 7 weeks was great.
    I was working in an Industrial Workshop and from day one you were taught to look out for each other due to Health and Safety, but to also work together when you were on a certain job. Something they don't teach you in school.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I can be called an "outcast". I literally have no label in our school. I'm an oddball here that's for sure. I talk about the most uncomfortable things to them. But I've felt left out plenty of times. But hey I embrace being different, being myself. I AM who I AM. All i can really say.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Do I feel like an outcast? Now, not at all. I enjoy my life, got a few friends & a few good friends, though I probably should go see them more often... :}

But back in school, DEFINITELY!! Primary school, due to an unknown allergic reaction to essentially my favorite food, my emotions were thrown right out of balance. I'd be really happy, then someone would look at my wrong or even try to pick on me or pick a fight, & I'd be out for their blood or anyone else's who got in my way. Not the type of person most people would want as a friend.

Then in High School, about half the year in, we discovered my allergies & I was forced to go cold turkey. Withdrawal symptoms are NOT fun! didn't stop people teasing me though, so I became the school hermit, living mainly in the library.

Still, as I said, I've got a pretty good life now, things could always improve, but who couldn't say that. Every day is another chance, plus when the real world hits, it won't matter how cool you are, only whether or not your ready.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i feel like an outcast. ive never gone with the crowd but this was my own choice. myself and a few other outcasts are the people i call friends. these guys are the best and therefore i thank them for being the same as i.
    Why hello there!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I am an outcast. Yup, still am even though I'm in high school now... But I never have felt like one I think that is the main thing- to just try and ignore that fact.

Sometimes it got too bugging for me, but most of the time I sayed happy by just ignoring the fact that people talk to me only when they need to get my homework or when they are really bored.
    I also have always had god friends in my school, it helped me not to ever feel lonely (unless my friend gets sick). The main thing in school (and outseide school activities) is to have at least one good friend around. ^^ He will make it all better.

Also, if I didn't let the possibility that I am the outcast in class bug me, I was also capable of fixing that fact, because I kept on talking to people, smiling, enjoying my life and being fun... You should always try to communicate, though don't overexaggarate (like one of my classmates kept on bugging people and giggling about nonsence in a really scary manner), then people might freak out of you.

Also- who gives a damn that people ignore you. If they don't like you like you are it's their fault- their loss...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes I do. I feel that they don't like me that much, cause I get too much attention to the teachers. And they like think, I'm a teachers pet or something. Even though I'm not. It does hurt being ignored. It really does. But I always keep in mind that I have God with me and He would never ignore me. Never. And sometimes, when I'm so sick of being ignored, I'll change the topic or make something messy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast