+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Outlook on Life and Death

Newbie FinalXepher is off to a good start FinalXepher's Avatar
    Thanks

Outlook on Life and Death

Some people find it unusual for someone as young as i am to have accepted my death. I find it unusual that the second most feared thing in America is death. many people are scared of death because they will lose all of their loved ones and won't be able to do all the things that you can when you are alive. They are probably also scared of death because they dont know what happens when you die. Is there a Heaven? Or Hell? Or just nothing? My outlook on death is: to live is to die. You cant live life until you accept death. I dont find it scary because why should someone be scared of something inevitable? Everyone knows they will die so why fear it? What is your outlook on life and death?

If this world is hell,
    then God is nicer than everyone thinks

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Outlook on Life and Death

With this, I quote Anton LaVey:

"Life is like a good party. And no one wants to leave a good party".

That could be a reason people fear it, Otherwise, I guess it's just the ignorance they ahve to what is after life. What happens after death. I guess we fear the unknown. HOWEVER, i find it amusing how people fear death (We also celebrate Birthdays, as a whole "Yaya, you're alive for another year" when it's also "Yay! You're one more year closer to dying!"). As for my outlook, I say Life is the imprisonment, Death is the redemption.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I my self don’t necessarily fear death, but like many others don’t want it to happen any time soon as I am fascinated by life and the universe that we have been brought into. Finding new discoveries and understanding about our universe and what it holds. The advancement of technology and our species and what we learn and how we grow. The reason why I don’t look forward to death is because of curiosity of what tomorrow may hold. Always learning, always growing. Life, existence, the universe, all of this is a part in a magnificent machine that we can’t possibly comprehend. All we can do is admire and learn of its workings and where we belong and fit in this complex construct, no matter how insignificant we are to it, but know we are in and of it. No one knows what awaits us in death, so I don’t make a big stink about it. All I can do is wonder. A persons life its self is a neutral anomaly that we can choose and shape to our will on how we live and perceive our existence in life. It’s negative and or positive depending on how you concisely and sub concisely shape it.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is what I have to say: to fear death is to fear life itself... in other words life can never go on forever and you have to accept that you will die. Is there something after death you ask, well there is no answer to that, humans can never truly know. And also it is not uncommon to fear death because humans naturally fear the unknown...
    death and life are one and the same

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The funny thing is, even though many people claim not to fear death and dying. Almost everyone does. Our most basic instinct is survival and dying is obviously quite the opposite.

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

i know i'm going to die one day it could be tomorrow.....so i figure live now die later, do everything and anything i want because i could die tomorrow...so far so good

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

The funny thing is, even though many people claim not to fear death and dying. Almost everyone does. Our most basic instinct is survival and dying is obviously quite the opposite.
    I must agree... As much as I say I am not scared of dying, if I was put in a life threatening situation, my most common instinct is survival & not the acceptance of death as an option...

I will give my outlook later I just had to agree with Hassun' on this one...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Fearing death to me is nothing more than a basic instinct. Everyone thinks about what happens when the make it to the other side. But since no one can actually know until it happens, they get scared. What happens after death is like a mystery that can never be solved, until you are a victim yourself. I myself have thought about death. And I have felt fear from my curiosity over it. But me knowing that I will never know until it happens, I just live my life as much as I can. I cant say that I have accepted the fact that I will die, and that it cant be helped. But that does not mean that I will waste my life away and not enjoy the life that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast