+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Overpopulation?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Overpopulation?

THE POPULATION EXPLOSION
    by Paul and Anne Ehrlich

Having considered some of the ways that humanity is destroying its inheritance, we can look more closely at the concept of "overpopulation." All too often, overpopulation is thought of simply as crowding: too many people in a given area, too high a population density. For instance, the deputy editor in chief of Forbes magazine pointed out recently, in connection with a plea for more population growth in the United States: "If all the people from China and India lived in the continental U.S. (excluding Alaska), this country would still have a smaller population density than England, Holland, or Belgium." *31
    my opinion is that with how everything is being over used that
    we are over looking the things like country's with overwhelming
    growth that cant be controlled i also heard rumours of drastic
    proportions where suggestions like sterilization programs and
    government controlled pregnancy so there can be only so many children
    born in one year. call it crazy talk if you want but with how the world
    is warming and how natural resources are dwindling ,irrational thoughts
    are the norm now a days, which is scary.

here is a link for more info about over population but you want find anything about sterilization or that other since that's just word of mouth.
    Overpopulation -- The Population Explosion - by Paul and Anne Ehrlich
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Over Population?

I don't think we could ever overpopulate the Earth because we could fit almost or all of the planet in just North America alone so... I think it would be more over populated food consumption that would get us instead of space.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

It seems that no matter what area of environmental damage I study it all comes down to population growth as the underlying cause of damage. Everything is linked.

And as violent said the main problem is population growth and what happens with resource consumption.

But there is some hope pop. growth is slowing apparently. But with most countries trying to get more people to have babies ( in Aust you get around$4000 just for having a baby :S ) that might change...

Newbie DestinationSexy may be famous one day DestinationSexy may be famous one day
    Thanks

Instead of sterilization or government controlled preganacy, how about not allowing severly mentally handicapped fetuses to be born?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Overpopulation?

that ideas OK but what if the kids Born with MS,TB, or some other kind
    of disability if anything they should use 100% of aborted embryos to help
    witht he cure for the gentic alterarions so they people want have to live like
    that thus giving us another rescource to work with.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Over consumption is the problem, not over population. Countries like Italy, Japan etc have slow/declining infancy rate. Nation like Quebec (yes, Canada recognize, Quebec as a nation within Canada) will pay families to have babies. They don't have enough people to replace the soon-to-become-retirees.

We only have "overpopulation" in developing countries. Why? Education. Families will want to have have kids to help out the family, teens has no knowledge about sex will...yea you know what I mean. A lot families and individual in developing countries have no knowledge about sex. Education is the only solid way to stop overpopulation in a country. Even then, population momentum will be in effect. Contraception is just a fast way to deal with the problem.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Overpopulation?
    Don't worry so much about the possibilities of your country to build more apartments.
    In this era, population grows and at the same time, people dies.
    (^_^) Bwahahaha~
    *baa*

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I don't think we could ever overpopulate the Earth because we could fit almost or all of the planet in just North America alone so... I think it would be more over populated food consumption that would get us instead of space.
    right now we can't overpopulate the earth, (when the time goes on we will) , when you said almost everyone can fit north America ,but some part where is too cold to live in, even if we do live in those cold places like Alaska wouldn't our place be over crowed? is like going to a gr.6 class and there is 100 people how would you feel? and if you look at japans rush hour there is people that is paid to push the people into the subway, and if you were one of the passenger, i think you won't like it. my point is over populated would make our lives uncomfortable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast