+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: patriotism

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: patriotism

Nope I'm not patriotic. Personally i think our government completely ruins America and so does our president. I want to move out of this country. I'm with blue_rebel about writing a whole book about it.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Newbie Vassago may be famous one day Vassago may be famous one day Vassago's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macky_516 View Post
    u dont have to like bush or teh gov to have pride in ur country. one of my friends hates him but would do anything for our country. but yeah if ur looking for good college money go army. its the best way with all the different branches

and this thread is not spam. i am not advertising people to join the military.
    just in case
    These days what has America got to be proud of?
    I gave my heart.
    My blood.

Nothing is forever.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, I figure that if I were the leader of a country, I'd want to be proud of the country's people. But with all of you going on and on about how much you resent your countries... well, geez, that's exactly why America has nothing to be proud of! That's why every other country in the world can't be proud of itself, because all their citizens are turning against them!

So, yeah, like I said, there are plenty of things I'd like to change about my country, but there are a lot of things I'm for too.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    You know, I figure that if I were the leader of a country, I'd want to be proud of the country's people. But with all of you going on and on about how much you resent your countries... well, geez, that's exactly why America has nothing to be proud of! That's why every other country in the world can't be proud of itself, because all their citizens are turning against them!

So, yeah, like I said, there are plenty of things I'd like to change about my country, but there are a lot of things I'm for too.
    ..and that is the essence of patriotism. Do you love you country enough to recognize both it's faults and its strengths and are you willing to do your part to make it better instead of just bitch'n about what you don't like and smearing the entire country with your disgust?

The attitude says more about you then your country. A perfect country does not exist because people are not perfect. If you want to hate then you will never have any trouble finding something to hate. Patriotism, on the other hand, is the opposite of hate and just like any relationship you accept those faults and try and make them stronger inspite of them.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I wouldn't go as far as saying that patriotism is the opposite of hate (it has been used to sprout hate more than once) but a real patriot would indeed be able to see the good and the bad sides of his/her country.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that patriotism is the opposite of hate (it has been used to sprout hate more than once) but a real patriot would indeed be able to see the good and the bad sides of his/her country.
    I agree. And that same person would do something about it. patriotism isnt just about loving your country for what makes it great. its loving your country enough to help make it great and fix its problems

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Being a patriot is a noble thing yes.Yet u cannot b certain if ppl r patriot if u know them by nature/reputaion n not in person becoz they can lie bout it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5