+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Peace anyone?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Peace anyone?

...This topic always gets brought up once a year. >_>

Anyways... Real peace? No.
    The only real peace you'll ever find is in small areas and within yourself - even then, you have to work hard to get it. Problem is, peace is rather volatile, work too hard to get it and you'll just rupture the d@mn thing and make even more problems for yourself.

Real peace worldwide isn't impossible. It's improbable. And impractical.
    It's not because of human nature... yes, we humans tend to follow a lot of our instincts and "fates" and "feelings", but that could easily be shoved aside if we found something worth putting them aside for.

That's where the real problem is.

It's what we want. All we humans want different things.
    Due to how we were raised, what's in our blood, how we grew up, our influences, our students, our children, our diets, our lifestyles, our religions, our beliefs, our outlook on art, our outlook on life, EVERYTHING.
    Due to all of those, we all want something... sometimes, extremely specific things.

And we fight over it. Because when one person gets something: the other doesn't get it for him/herself, another's view is blocked by it, another finds it offensive, and one other simply cannot understand why anyone would want it.

... because of that, we fight. There's no civilized way to make us STOP WANTING things.
    Even something as abstract as viewpoint in art can be considered as a "thing".

The only way to have TRUE PEACE, is to rid of free thought. Free decisions. Get rid of free will, and you get rid of wanting. You get rid of wanting, then there will be nothing to fight over.

Sure, there is a way we could work things out... but that means sacrifice. And we all know that many of us aren't willing to sacrifice certain things.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope for peace soon but then again I know it is impossible. I heard this theory, more so an urban myth that since recoreded history of humans there has only been 7 years total of world wide peace. I do not even know if that is true.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

No it could not happen because everyone doesn't agree on the same issues and never will. Some people are idiots, while others are pants on head retarted.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128 View Post
    No it could not happen because everyone doesn't agree on the same issues and never will. Some people are idiots, while others are pants on head retarted.
    Not only do people not agree on the same issues but to qoute Mark Bowden, "They do not want peace they want victory."

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, I think that everyone would get bored with world peace and start shit just to do something.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

@Beast: Agreed, people's egos get in the way of what's really important - No bloodshed for stupid reasons

@EmoNightmareRose: Also true, this plays into what Beast said.

There's also no peace wthout justice and that's for real.
    Last edited by SamuraiDude128; Jun 20, 2009 at 04:24 PM.

Newbie Canti is off to a good start Canti's Avatar
    Thanks

I think total Peace isn't really possible because the human race is just to greedy and I dont think the chances of Peace are getting better with the global warming and Resources getting low but maybe when we dont have any Resources anymore we cant have any wars anymore that could maybe happen

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

^ if anything global warming and limiting resources would be a good reason to encourage world peace.
    At least that's what I'd hope for

Quote Originally Posted by AstralMage01 View Post
    Do you think that we could ever live in actual peace? we would put our wars & fights a side & live peacefully? Do you really want to have peace?
    For me I guess this will never happen, for many reasons since everyone is looking for his own good, the differences between us, the desire of having powers & other democratic and political reasons
    If people can't live peacefully w/themselves how could we have global peace?
    So, what do you think?
    I think that if in any given moment in time everyone on the planet smoked weed then there would be peace for as long everyone was high.
    Since that will most likely never happen, I feel safe in saying there will never be world peace.

People need wars/fights etc. It's all part of that territorial imperative and whatnot.

I personally don't want peace. World peace would put so many people out of work unemployment rates would skyrocket almost astronomically.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast