+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 26

Thread: Peace Prize For The President

  1. #9
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Obama: Nobel Peace Prize is 'call to action' - CNN.com

    You guys should actually READ the reasons why he's being awarded said peace prize. It's not all just talk, y'know. He actually made some progress with Israel and Palestine, also with making some changes in the world economy. Despite what some of you think, he provides hope for millions and is actually doing a decent job--considering the position our country was in upon his entering office. Bottom line: He is our president, whether you like it or not. I'm sure that there are a few of you who've started complaining about Obama that voted for him! You weren't hating when you selected his name in the polls, why hate now? He just started his job! Let him, at the very least, finish his first year before you start whining and complaining about him.

    I fail to understand how anyone in this country expects anything to get any better when they can't even stand behind their leader. It's different when you have a president who's been around for over a year (in first term) and he's doin' a crap job--but we still have until JANUARY to see whether or not things will look bad/worse than they already are. Hell, we still have like three and a half years 'til he finishes his term! That's a long time. Like it or not, Obama's our president and will be here for a while. You should start acting as such. It's not like Bush where we had him for two whole terms, dealing with a piss-poor job. Let the man have his prize. If they feel he should be awarded it, it's for good reason.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

    xxoxx (Oct 13, 2009)

  3. #10
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    the /only/ thing obama /has/ done is to give hope. That may have increased relations with other countries because we have this new shiny outlook, but nothing is being done. Nothing good anyway. This healthcare system is going to destroy so many jobs, yet people are praising it, some because they think it's good, and others because obama supports it. He talks a good game, where is his game though? FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, WHOO!O!O!!!@!11!!, and he continues the stereotype that they do nothing.

    It's not like Bush where we had him for two whole terms, dealing with a piss-poor job.
    We had Bush for a second term BECAUSE HE DID SOMETHING GOOD in his first term. So you're right, it's not at all like Bush, Obama isn't doing anything. He's good at speeches, very good.


    On a seperate note: The saddest part here is the racism, if you don't like or agree with obama, you're apparently a racist, so there's no one screaming to impeach him, otherwise they face the risk of being accused of a hate crime on the president, i can see it now "Racist group demands removal of obama from power"
    He's turned himself into an idol of sorts for people for how he connects, speaks, to the people, they just "like" him for unexplained reason.

    America is a theater of sheep. And he gets an award for directing it.
    Last edited by Kool2bchilln; Oct 12, 2009 at 09:18 AM.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kool2bchilln For This Useful Post:

    katsoyori33 (Oct 22, 2009), Scourge (Oct 12, 2009), !The Beatle (Oct 13, 2009)

  5. #11
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    We had Bush for a second term BECAUSE HE DID SOMETHING GOOD in his first term. So you're right, it's not at all like Bush, Obama isn't doing anything. He's good at speeches, very good.
    Word? Can you back that up? Name the one good thing that Bush did for this country before he stole a second term and I will personally give you a dollar. Oh, I know! Because he talked a bunch of trash, claiming "we'll get those terrorists," and followed the phrase with a golf drive; he deserves credit for doin' something good for the US?? Or, is it the fact that he's wasted more money on the fighting in Iraq that could've been spent on actually capturing terrorists and making the Taliban less of a threat? Oh, oh! I got it! It's because he could scare people in to believing he was worth keeping around for another miserable term by using "terror" as a way to get our attention.

    With so much "goodness" flowing from that man within the eight years we've had him as president, I don't know if I want things to change! *can you smell the sarcasm?*

    Good at speeches? Bush was the king of being "good at speeches! That dude MADE UP WORDS to use in speeches! He called terrorists "terrorizers", for Christ's sake! Anybody can speak, yes, that is true. However, how many people can actually back it up or, at the very least, make an attempt? You may not realize this, due to the amount of haterade people have been drinking, but Obama isn't just talking the talk without walking the walk. If Bush actually kept his word, maybe more people would've recognized him to be a better person, rather than the infamous "patriot" who got nothing accomplished for his country.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln
    On a seperate note: The saddest part here is the racism, if you don't like or agree with obama, you're apparently a racist, so there's no one screaming to impeach him, otherwise they face the risk of being accused of a hate crime on the president, i can see it now "Racist group demands removal of obama from power"
    He's turned himself into an idol of sorts for people for how he connects, speaks, to the people, they just "like" him for unexplained reason.

    America is a theater of sheep. And he gets an award for directing it.
    The sheep says, "baaaa!" The Atomik One says:

    When did racism become a factor in this conversation?? You can be against a man without being against his race. That's gotta be the craziest idea I've ever heard! I'm black--for the most part--and I'm sure that there's a handful of people in the world that don't really like me as a person. But, I'm 100% sure it's not because I'm black. So, where's the racism? You mean to tell me that you think that EVERY black person, who becomes confronted by some other opposing person of a different diaspora, is going to cry "racist"? If so, then THAT'S racism right there! (Racism in a cup! Just add water!)

    You can't just prejudge a person you've never met in your life and you can't just assume that because a person's black, they're gonna play the race card as soon as it's dealt to them. A congressman called Barack Obama a liar to his face! Do you think Obama thinks he's racist? You said Barack Obama does nothing but make speeches. That's all George W. Bush did. Should I call you a racist? That's the problem with people these days. Nobody ever knows when to just wait things out to see how it'll all turn out. Nobody ever takes a minute to mentally walk a mile in the other person's shoes and when they do--they immediately start making assumptions like, "Well, if I were that guy, I'd think that so-and-so is a racist for disagreeing with me." Everybody expects things to be better right away without being willing enough for those changes to take place, let alone give anybody the time it takes to make said plans and put them in to action. One person gets an award for taking steps in the right direction and becomes shunned. Why? Because people are too full of themselves to consider whether or not the man is actually doing the right thing. Things don't go the way they want them to, so they blame the man in power--despite the fact that our economy has improved since Obama's taken office. Never mind the fact that universal healthcare could actually be a good thing. (Sorry that the government wants to compete with the private insurance companies, in order to ensure that everyone gets healthcare?)

    Ugh...


  6. #12
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Very rarely is there this much agreement in a forum, It seems an overwhelming amount of people believe as I do that he didn't really deserve it at least not yet.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Oct 12, 2009)

  8. #13
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Word? Can you back that up? Name the one good thing that Bush did for this country before he stole a second term and I will personally give you a dollar. Oh, I know! Because he talked a bunch of trash, claiming "we'll get those terrorists," and followed the phrase with a golf drive; he deserves credit for doin' something good for the US?? Or, is it the fact that he's wasted more money on the fighting in Iraq that could've been spent on actually capturing terrorists and making the Taliban less of a threat? Oh, oh! I got it! It's because he could scare people in to believing he was worth keeping around for another miserable term by using "terror" as a way to get our attention.
    No, i can't name you anything he's done because i didn't pay attention to the president. I haven't paid much attention to obama either until he brought up this socialized-style healthcare system. I'm still a student though, and i can't vote, so really i can't even blame myself for not caring what the president does right now. Healthcare is the one thing that sounds alarms, so tell me, all the things i've missed obama doing. Improving relations with other countries doesn't apply, it's not like they'd "attack" us to begin with, i've made the point of his speeches being very good and raising a shiny outlook.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    With so much "goodness" flowing from that man within the eight years we've had him as president, I don't know if I want things to change! *can you smell the sarcasm?*
    yeah, because you'll take whatever you can get after bush, with no care towards quality.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Good at speeches? Bush was the king of being "good at speeches! That dude MADE UP WORDS to use in speeches! He called terrorists "terrorizers", for Christ's sake! Anybody can speak, yes, that is true. However, how many people can actually back it up or, at the very least, make an attempt? You may not realize this, due to the amount of haterade people have been drinking, but Obama isn't just talking the talk without walking the walk. If Bush actually kept his word, maybe more people would've recognized him to be a better person, rather than the infamous "patriot" who got nothing accomplished for his country.
    I highly disagree, there aren't many people that are good at speeches to the point that they can have the entire country shouting the same thing, regardless of what it is. What did obama preach? Hope. Change. Well who says either of those will go in the right direction? Obama doesn't tell you which direction he's going to take them (nowhere for now), Obama's a speaker. He should have been a PSA speaker.



    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    The sheep says, "baaaa!" The Atomik One says:

    When did racism become a factor in this conversation?? You can be against a man without being against his race. That's gotta be the craziest idea I've ever heard! I'm black--for the most part--and I'm sure that there's a handful of people in the world that don't really like me as a person. But, I'm 100% sure it's not because I'm black. So, where's the racism? You mean to tell me that you think that EVERY black person, who becomes confronted by some other opposing person of a different diaspora, is going to cry "racist"? If so, then THAT'S racism right there! (Racism in a cup! Just add water!)
    So don't take it personally just because you've got black relatives, it's a statement, take it without bias. The media is what it is, and there are outlets that only care about ratings, or others that would pick up racist stories, and even some that show unbiased feeds. Don't tell me i'm being racist for stating a very probable situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    You can't just prejudge a person you've never met in your life and you can't just assume that because a person's black, they're gonna play the race card as soon as it's dealt to them. A congressman called Barack Obama a liar to his face! Do you think Obama thinks he's racist? You said Barack Obama does nothing but make speeches. That's all George W. Bush did. Should I call you a racist? That's the problem with people these days. Nobody ever knows when to just wait things out to see how it'll all turn out. Nobody ever takes a minute to mentally walk a mile in the other person's shoes and when they do--they immediately start making assumptions like, "Well, if I were that guy, I'd think that so-and-so is a racist for disagreeing with me." Everybody expects things to be better right away without being willing enough for those changes to take place, let alone give anybody the time it takes to make said plans and put them in to action. One person gets an award for taking steps in the right direction and becomes shunned. Why? Because people are too full of themselves to consider whether or not the man is actually doing the right thing. Things don't go the way they want them to, so they blame the man in power--despite the fact that our economy has improved since Obama's taken office. Never mind the fact that universal healthcare could actually be a good thing. (Sorry that the government wants to compete with the private insurance companies, in order to ensure that everyone gets healthcare?)

    Ugh...
    You're saying i'm being racist?- wait, that's not even a whole statment. --> "A congressman called Barack Obama a liar to his face!" elaborate plz if you want to fix that.

    I've already said that i don't think he deserves it, you're an awful debator if you're going to tell me obama is being shunned, he's getting even more attention if anything. People are either full of themselves, agree with him, or disagree with him. You expect that the healthcare system is a good thing? HAH!

    I say all that Obama has done is make speeches? I'll admit i obviously don't know his calendar events, but yes. For the majority of his term so far, he's not done anything. Sure he's appointed people to do stuff, so lets go over some of those.

    Auto Recovery Czar
    wtf.

    Border Czar
    Maybe he'll finish that fence BUSH proposed, he got it funded too. amirite?
    question for bush: why isn't it finished yet -_-

    California Water Czar
    wtf.

    Car Czar
    yep.

    Central Region Czar
    sooooo.... what does he do ??

    Climate Czar
    yes.

    Faith-Based Czar
    i did a ROFL, is this a serious one?
    Don't we have, like, freedom of religion? No? oh.

    Great Lakes Czar
    What are they doing, over there, those lakes, them.

    Green Jobs Czar
    Actually i can't bash this one because i don't understand if this is for green cards, or enviornmentally "green" jobs =/
    would appreciate an explanation

    Guantanamo Closure Czar
    How's that going so far dude?

    Information Czar
    a dude over the CIA? omg

    Pay Czar
    i didn't make it up.

    i just quit reading here.

    When did racism become a factor in this conversation??
    the fact is that the first black president has been elected. This country is /not/ mature enough to leave that as it is. There are offended masses, and there are those who play strong because "now WE are in charge" and there's just every kind of person in this country. You won't
    Last edited by Kool2bchilln; Oct 12, 2009 at 09:49 PM.

  9. #14
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Kool2bchillin there is a great book out called Culture Of Corruption. It talks about the history of many of these Czars.

  10. #15
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    will look into some sparknotes for that, feasible to say i don't wish to purchase the book. thx

  11. #16
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    The only thing i respect President Bush for is... for the Evasion..

    As for Obama.. Hmm I also think that it is still too early to award him with the Nobel prize... He needs to do something a lot more drastic.. ^^ but it seems not many people watch the news everyday.. xD same with me!

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 01, 2009, 08:37 PM
  2. Guess these characters and get a prize!
    By EmoNightmareRose in forum EmoNightmareRose's Journal
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2009, 08:16 AM
  3. *I'll be at peace*
    By flaminghate in forum Poems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2007, 08:51 PM
  4. Prize Machine
    By Dark Raven in forum The Chat Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 22, 2006, 11:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts