+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 26

Thread: Peace Prize For The President

  1. #17
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    The evasion is worth are respects if you are refering to the push into Afghanistan certainly. But it still does not garner a Noble Peace Prize. The reason why the prize comes with money attached to it is to reimburse people for there time and energy spent in pursuit of nearly impossible goals. Obama hasn't emptied his pockets the way other researchers or activist have. Make no mistake Obama is not an evil man by any measure but a Noble Peace Prize and a million dollars is excessive.

  2. #18
    Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    He was not put in for the peace prize because of Afghanistan they put him in for running 10 days after he became president showing fact that he didn't do anything to deserve it they just like him cause hes a big time liberal.

  3. #19
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    No, i can't name you anything he's done because i didn't pay attention to the president. I haven't paid much attention to obama either until he brought up this socialized-style healthcare system. I'm still a student though, and i can't vote, so really i can't even blame myself for not caring what the president does right now. Healthcare is the one thing that sounds alarms, so tell me, all the things i've missed obama doing. Improving relations with other countries doesn't apply, it's not like they'd "attack" us to begin with, i've made the point of his speeches being very good and raising a shiny outlook.
    If you can't name anything good that Bush has done for the country, then why say he's done any good at all? Student or no, you should still pay attention to what goes on in your homeland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln
    yeah, because you'll take whatever you can get after bush, with no care towards quality.
    Dude, I'd have taken a jar of mayo over Bush!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln
    I highly disagree, there aren't many people that are good at speeches to the point that they can have the entire country shouting the same thing, regardless of what it is. What did obama preach? Hope. Change. Well who says either of those will go in the right direction? Obama doesn't tell you which direction he's going to take them (nowhere for now), Obama's a speaker. He should have been a PSA speaker.
    Speeches about hope and change are a hell of a lot better than those based on terror.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln
    So don't take it personally just because you've got black relatives, it's a statement, take it without bias.
    You make it seem like I only have three black relatives. My entire family, save my grandmother and my uncle, is either mixed or black (FYI).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln
    You're saying i'm being racist?
    Nobody said you're being a racist. I was actually joking about the whole racism thing (hence the "racism in a cup" statement). Who's taking things personally now? I was merely pointing out the holes in your idea of anyone being "racist" for having any opinions against Obama. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln
    I say all that Obama has done is make speeches? I'll admit i obviously don't know his calendar events, but yes. For the majority of his term so far, he's not done anything. Sure he's appointed people to do stuff, so lets go over some of those.
    Most presidents make more speeches within their first year of term than any other time. You'd know that if you actually paid attention. (but you've already admitted to not caring or paying attention, so why am I having this discussion with you?)
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Oct 22, 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: accidentally quoted myself, lol.


  4. #20
    Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Where cupcakes are infinite ^_^
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Quote Originally Posted by POOHEAD189 View Post
    I'm an independent, and personally I didnt know who to vote for in the last election. So me not being biased, no he did nothing to deserve a nobel peace prize, we are in the same state as we were when bush was in office, and at least then we knew why we were still bad off.
    Hmmm...

    I wouldn't have voted for Obama, that's for sure. McCain wasn't too good either. But I suppose I would've voted for the lesser of two evils. I am not old enough to vote though.

    And from what I see, everyone voted for him because he was black. Not because he would be good for the country. I find it interesting how most of my friends call me racist because I didn't vote for him...

    But as far as his winning the Nobel Peace prize? He didn't do anything to get it. He's actually made this country worse.

    He actually makes me want Bush back in office, ha.


    Meow. :3

  5. #21
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    atomik_sprout, you reply to me about racism by implying things that i didn't mean or say. As I said in my first post, the country isn't mature enough to handle racism. Next time you see something racy in one of my posts you want to reply on, you ask me to clarify what it means before you context it, putting words in my mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    (but you've already admitted to not caring or paying attention, so why am I having this discussion with you?)
    you're not, you're chopping up my posts to attack each little bit instead of the one post.

    and to your entire post which you seem to think i'm halfway uncaring and halfway pro-bush, i have only one thing to ask you. Can you really not say that an entire country voting him back wasn't enough of a sign that he might've done something worth putting him back in for a second term?

    PS. and now you know my thinking behind why bush was an okay president. then again, I was around, what, 15 when he was at his most controversial? don't tell me i don't care because i wasn't paying attention, even if i did i wouldn't have understood it enough to make a valid opinion.
    Last edited by Kool2bchilln; Oct 24, 2009 at 07:46 AM.

  6. #22
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    atomik_sprout, you reply to me about racism by implying things that i didn't mean or say. As I said in my first post, the country isn't mature enough to handle racism. Next time you see something racy in one of my posts you want to reply on, you ask me to clarify what it means before you context it, putting words in my mouth.



    you're not, you're chopping up my posts to attack each little bit instead of the one post.

    and to your entire post which you seem to think i'm halfway uncaring and halfway pro-bush, i have only one thing to ask you. Can you really not say that an entire country voting him back wasn't enough of a sign that he might've done something worth putting him back in for a second term?

    PS. and now you know my thinking behind why bush was an okay president. then again, I was around, what, 15 when he was at his most controversial? don't tell me i don't care because i wasn't paying attention, even if i did i wouldn't have understood it enough to make a valid opinion.
    You can think I'm "chopping up" your posts, but honestly, I'm not. I never once called you a racist or said that you were halfway-anything. You're taking things personal and I never meant my words as an attack. I simply pointed out holes in your statements and voiced my opinion on them. You said you didn't care or pay attention--those were YOUR words, not mine.

    And yes, I can really say that Bush having a second term really doesn't mean jack. Scaring an entire country in to a second term doesn't mean you did a good job.


  7. #23
    Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    semantics, really?
    you implied that i was being racist towards you.

    i would actually have to look up the basis being why anyone would say we were scared into it, before i actually commented on your bush statement. so later.

    eh, you only say it's personal

  8. #24
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Peace Prize For The President

    Atomic, Kool, relax!!

    Kool, Atomic wasnt calling you a racists, and Atomic, Kool is right in the fact that one who apposes Obama is considered a racist. You watch CNN and MSNBC, listen to what they are saying about the "Tea Parties" and people in general who went into the town halls and were speaking against Obama and his policies, the media and many Liberals I know actually accused them of be racists. Hell I have been accused of being a racists for not agreeing with him.

    On an added note. Atomic, you say that if Bush acted on actually trying to get the terrorists we would have them. What about Obama? he doesnt even care about the war, he has given very little speaches about it, he has been avoiding and not answering his own General McCristal who he him self appointed. Bush actually listened to his Generals and did something, weather they were good calls or not we can debate on till the cows come home. Obama just wants all that to go away and not deel with it. Hell, the only way McCristal was able to get Obama's attention was by pubblicly braud crasting it while Obama was away in Germany debating about the Elimpics which is in all honesty not the most important thing right now. And even then Obama has been putting it off. Obama respons was that "We need a group discution and make plans on what to do about the war and have been doing so with my advisers and people who know what their doing..." How ever, these "meetings" over the war on Terror didn't even involve his Generals who know more about whats going on then any one else. It has been a total of 80 days and still nothing, the longest time taken to make a decision and still he has no plan of action, nothing at all, which is sad and puthetic.
    And if we want to talk about who has done less, Bush or Obama, Obama wins hands down, Obama has taken more vacations and played more rounds of gulf then Bush has in his two terms.
    Last edited by Scourge; Oct 28, 2009 at 06:31 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

    Kool2bchilln (Oct 27, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 01, 2009, 08:37 PM
  2. Guess these characters and get a prize!
    By EmoNightmareRose in forum EmoNightmareRose's Journal
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2009, 08:16 AM
  3. *I'll be at peace*
    By flaminghate in forum Poems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2007, 08:51 PM
  4. Prize Machine
    By Dark Raven in forum The Chat Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 22, 2006, 11:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts