+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Penny: Save it or throw it away?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Penny: Save it or throw it away?

Today we were in statistics class and the one of the "introductory" questions that the professor made was: Would you save a penny or would you throw it away? ...the majority said: "trash it".... At first I thought it was a stupid question but thinking about it and then counting how many said trash it... they trashed: 30 cents...
    Now if you ask them if they would throw those 30cents away I am pretty sure they will say no...
    Now I thought for myself... well if they would of throw a penny a day (who cares it is just a flipping penny??), lets say for about... 10 years... they just threw away... $36.50... and not just that... later on the nickles are going to be then... nothing... just 5 cents.... we "can throw them away"... besides who cares? it is just a nickle... and so on... but that's my thought...

For me every penny is worth to keep or use it... but not throw it... what do you guys think...?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie KillPuppet is off to a good start KillPuppet's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Penny: Save it or throw it away?

well for me a penny is 1pence as i live in england but i still keep all the money i get
    If your not remembered, how do you know you ever existed?

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that you should keep ever penny and put it in a jar if you have to...You never know when you will need the money and find out that after saving the pennies you have lets just pick a number...$37. A great way to do this is have a jar by your front door or where ever you take you clothes off. When you empty your pockets throw all your change in that jar or even separate it pennies in one and silver in another...at the end of the month count it up and see how much you would have thrown away...You will be surprised...pennies are worth saving!
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

well once they used to say that an angel dropped the penny but i would save it not a big deal out of it but hey it might come in handy.
    Yeah, Bye.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I like to collect coins to use at a Coin Star. If the bank is open I use them. It's useally enough to buy a hamburger and a drink.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

What a coincidence, I was just browsing through book on biostatistics and I see a topic touching on the practicality, slightly anyways, of statistics. My oldest sister is an Actuary (Actuarial science major), and I remember her, when she was in college (I was 13 years old then), applying laws of statistics to literally everything. Random, okay, moving along...

Well, of course I wouldn't purposefully discard money. Why would you anyways? It's sacred, right? Please tell them classmates of yours, who said they will throw it away, to save it, and then, collectively send everything as an offering (in the form of check if possible) to a wandering, beggar-monk like me. I will accept them as alms.

Thus, I can at least feast on a decent meal once a year.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I'm going to agree with the majority here. I'd have to save any change I'd come across. Money is an importance in everyday life, and, not to sound greedy I'd want all the money I could get for later references in life. You never know...It could eventually come in handy.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, here's a few practical facts.

- Copper used to make each penny now worths more than its face value. Meaning that for every cent you are holding you are actually holding around 1.3 cents.

- Pennies that are made before the 50s, if you can find one in mint condition, are worth hundreds. I have 5 myself of those old pennies, but of course they are not in mint condition.

Those are the reasons why you save those pennies, not because they "add up" lol. That is like saying I'm $40000 richer now that I never smoked, from all the cigarettes I didn't buy.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast