+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Penny: Save it or throw it away?

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Penny: Save it or throw it away?

Funny. I've been thinking about this lately. I took the whole "God only helps those who help themselves" idea and then I saw a penny. If I threw that penny away then I would not be doing all that I can to help myself financially. Sure it's only a penny, but a penny here and there can easily add up over time and save yourself some cash for that next movie ticket or beverage. BUT it's not like I'm gonna jump into the middle of moving traffic just to pick up a penny

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Today we were in statistics class and the one of the "introductory" questions that the professor made was: Would you save a penny or would you throw it away? ...the majority said: "trash it".... At first I thought it was a stupid question but thinking about it and then counting how many said trash it... they trashed: 30 cents...
    Now if you ask them if they would throw those 30cents away I am pretty sure they will say no...
    Now I thought for myself... well if they would of throw a penny a day (who cares it is just a flipping penny??), lets say for about... 10 years... they just threw away... $36.50... and not just that... later on the nickles are going to be then... nothing... just 5 cents.... we "can throw them away"... besides who cares? it is just a nickle... and so on... but that's my thought...

For me every penny is worth to keep or use it... but not throw it... what do you guys think...?
    I keep every penny I find, but throwing pennies out increases the value of a dollar.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Today we were in statistics class and the one of the "introductory" questions that the professor made was: Would you save a penny or would you throw it away? ...the majority said: "trash it".... At first I thought it was a stupid question but thinking about it and then counting how many said trash it... they trashed: 30 cents...
    Now if you ask them if they would throw those 30cents away I am pretty sure they will say no...
    Now I thought for myself... well if they would of throw a penny a day (who cares it is just a flipping penny??), lets say for about... 10 years... they just threw away... $36.50... and not just that... later on the nickles are going to be then... nothing... just 5 cents.... we "can throw them away"... besides who cares? it is just a nickle... and so on... but that's my thought...

For me every penny is worth to keep or use it... but not throw it... what do you guys think...?
    throw away. $36.50 in ten years is nothing. lol.

theyre useless. you cant buy ANYTHING for a penny. they simply take up space. even if you save up a bunch of pennies, no one wants to count them and take the time to roll them up to exchange at the bank. it'd take forever!

what a waste.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

an even more burning question: yenny (1 yen coin) - keep it or throw it away?

A yenny is worth even LESS than a penny and has the look and feel of the plastic money we used to buy at the dollar store when we were kids... my friend in college used to throw them away by the bagful...

Even the GODS won't take them! (most gods seem to have a 5 yen cut-off at shrines... give them yennies and you get hit by cars or stricken with ebola >_<)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that I read 'bout somethin' like this in my world history class back in collage, only it wasn' 'bout a penny. I believe it was back in the 1800's, there was a debate 'bout gettin' rid of the half-penny (yes, I looked it up; we really had a half-penny). The debate raged for a while over the uselessness of the half-penny 'fore they finally decided ta end it's career in finance. Do I believe that the same case is happenin' wit the penny? U bet I do, given inflation and the world economy today, the penny's value is jus' not what it used ta b. Yet I don' believe that we should get rid of it like the half-penny, for it has 1 advantage over it; exact change. Image life witout the penny, so we jus' round evrythin' up to the nearest nickel? If we got rid of the penny, wouldn' things get more expensive?

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well think about this: if we get rid of the penny the smallest coin then is going to be the nickel right? in a couple years we are then going to be debating if we get rid of the nickel because "it has no meaning".... and then the dime and the story repeats... and yes my guess would be that the pirces are going to go up... because little by little the money is going to be devaluated and it would be needed more to give more value to stuff...
    hummm.... to explain myself better... if we end up getting rid of the "small" coins... the smallest thing is going to be then the dollar... see my point? ^_^
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie Guardiandemonhate is off to a good start Guardiandemonhate's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont like change so i make sure i dont get any back
    time dies with me

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to throw away pennies, untill about two weeks ago. Thats only because I told my friend that I threw them away and he was like "Just give them to me then", so I just give him pennies. Even if I'm giving him good money over the years, I'm allright with it, he's putting it to good use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast