+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Space

Otaku xsasukeuchiha is off to a good start xsasukeuchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Personal Space

Ok, to all the members who have brothers or sisters
    what would u do if ur family went into ur room without asking or while you werent at home
    would you handle it yourself or would u get ur parents to deal with it
    if u handle it yourself then what would u do?
    I am darkness

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Personal Space

I'd demand my right to privacy, even though I personally did not pay for the house... My humanity is enough for them, isn't it?

I've actually had my little brothers snooping around in my room several times, though nothing bad happened. I didn't let them know I knew, shrugged it off, and made sure everything was safe... Not that I... Okay, I did have something to hide all those times. Actually, several somethings. Be assured, they weren't dangerous and/or illegal somethings, but to have them know, what a scandal, even if it were only between them and I... I'm very sensitive about my pride.

If what's (if anything) happened has greatly upset you, then i say maybe confront your parents about it. Or raise money for a lock, or maybe a doorknob that locks.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Sakura Uchiha is off to a good start
    Thanks

I can control myself when if come to that stuff.
    most of my personal things are hid and put away neat and tight so noone can find them.
    my sister and i share a room so i have to keep things out of reach from her.
    as for my parents...they never really go into my room unless they need something.

Don't trust me....

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this problem when I lived at home. My brother would go into my room when I wasn't around and either look through my personal things or steal whatever wasn't nailed down or locked away. I talked to my parents about it; at first they were reluctant to do anything other than ask him not to (as I had no proof other than things being missing or slightly disturbed), but when it kept happening, and when things in their own room started to mysteriously disappear, they eventually put a new knob on my bedroom door so I could lock it up when I was away. A little extreme maybe, but it worked.

I would definitely advise against trying to handle it without your parent's help. You'll get yourself in a mind to retaliate and end up doing something stupid. Depending on the age of your siblings, they may not even understand that you don't want them in there and thus wouldn't realize that they've done anything wrong. Keep your cool, and let your parents know what's going on and how you feel about it.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

happens all the time and when i do something about it, i usually pick a fight w/ them, sometimes it turns out as a bloody "accident" and to finish it off i go to their room and sometimes trash it
    Temari is so Cool

Otaku xsasukeuchiha is off to a good start xsasukeuchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bellocanlver View Post
    happens all the time and when i do something about it, i usually pick a fight w/ them, sometimes it turns out as a bloody "accident" and to finish it off i go to their room and sometimes trash it
    well i fight my brother over but i dont make it too bloody and if its my sisters i just drag them out
    I am darkness

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, well, I would deffinatly handle it myself. They would have no right to enter my room and it clearly says "STAY OUT" on the front door. I would push them out, tell them to STAY OUT, or else I wouldn't let them have any of the candy I bought lol but, seriously, parents will think diffrently, take it into your own hands.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, hard to say. I share a massive bedroom with 2 sisters, so it's kind of inevitable that people other than myself go in and out of it. And my parents are pretty totalitarian - they believe in transparency, and they enter my room when and as they like (when I was little, my mom had to come in to get me up in time for school). Now that we're all grown up, they sort of understand that my sisters and I like a bit of privacy, so they knock before entering. The 2 most common responses to a knock on my bedroom door is (1) "AAAAAA!!!!" [which means someone's just come out of the bath, or is changing, or something of that manner], and (2) "WHAT???" [which is really "come in, but make it quick!"]

So yeah. I'm not really opposed to family members invading my room - but I do hate people entering my room when they jolly well DON'T belong there, e.g. my roommate's boyfriend entering my bedroom when my roommate's in..... which is VERY annoying, seeing as it's MY room too, but I've done very well putting up with it for half a year now......

And as per "dealing with it"... I don't really deal with it. I'm not the "dealing" kind of person. I'm the kind of person who just shuts up and puts on a really long face and hopes the other party gets the idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast