+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: philosophy

Newbie achilles may be famous one day achilles may be famous one day achilles's Avatar
    i live in my world a world where fantasy is real...
    Thanks

Thumbs up philosophy

hello all welcome to this cool new thread, intro: i love philosophy, from aristotle, plato to even F.Nietzche so i thought of from time to time posting some good and well studies philosophy text/quotes/and other cool stuff as i love knowledge...
    well to make this fun i would be awsome for people to post their big and deep thoughts on the text/quote/other and as the text get old any one is welcome to post a different quote/text/other...

Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of
    that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling
    solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts
    invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and
    mendacious minute of "Word History", but never the less,
    it was only a minute.
    F. Nietzche

maybe as this cool thread move on i'l post my own stuff
    Last edited by achilles; Sep 01, 2006 at 10:31 AM.

CabalOnline USA cabalkiller.freeforums.org ogplanet.com

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: philosophy

Man is not the creature of circumstances,
    circumstances are the creatures of men.
    We are free agents, and man is more powerful than matter.
    Benjamin Disraeli

i agree i hope this thread just dosn't get spammed it would be ashame to close
    a good thread like this
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

"God is dead, we have killed him, we are his murderers."

I think that was Nietzche?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

If were just going to post quotes this thread will be closed. You guys need to discuss you thoughts on the quotes.

Newbie achilles may be famous one day achilles may be famous one day achilles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    If were just going to post quotes this thread will be closed. You guys need to discuss you thoughts on the quotes.
    thank you, at least there some that read and got the point

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    "God is dead, we have killed him, we are his murderers."

I think that was Nietzche?
    i think we should leave this one for later, its more complicated, try to leave a comment on the first quote and discuss ur personal opinion on it then follow up on the thread and when ever the thread matures up leave this quote again ...

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    Man is not the creature of circumstances,
    circumstances are the creatures of men.
    We are free agents, and man is more powerful than matter.
    Benjamin Disraeli

i agree i hope this thread just dosn't get spammed it would be ashame to close
    a good thread like this
    a great one indeed i dont completely agree but its a good one, i wonder if you can explain it? but then again the plan for this thread was to discuss good/great quotes/text, one by one if every one post a quote then there is no point for the thread as for we all can search for quotes and read em ok lets try this again we got to keep it fun and expontaneus people dont have to be coherent there is no fun on reasoning this precious quotes but look to the side of reason and try to express the sensation/feeling they gave you as you read them...

I wonder if i can be the moderator of my own thread?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i agree with thw quote i oposted because there are so many things
    that are hard for us to change yet we can change them if we want
    but the havvits die hard becasue there atached like a chain to your
    ankle you have to find the key to get rid of the habbit. smoking for example everyone who smokes can quite but the addictions so bad they cant
    the smoking has them hooked so they cant just walk away. i know there are
    other examples but i think this example will make more since
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    i agree with thw quote i oposted because there are so many things
    that are hard for us to change yet we can change them if we want
    but the havvits die hard becasue there atached like a chain to your
    ankle you have to find the key to get rid of the habbit. smoking for example everyone who smokes can quite but the addictions so bad they cant
    the smoking has them hooked so they cant just walk away. i know there are
    other examples but i think this example will make more since
    lucky for me i dont smoke, but both of my parents do and did you know that more people die of heart disease cause by obesity or even more for drunk driving even those who dont drink die... smoking is like skydiving, as i skydive i know i can die but i like it and i will still do it, lol bacterias are dangeorus becareful put some protection on... come please we got to be more realistic everything kills so what we will all die sometime i like to take the risk and enjoy life and do that which makes me happy... if my pops or moms like to smoke then so be it. eating too much is worst and yet there are places like mcdonals, burger king, or KFC and yet i do go to those places ...
    Last edited by achilles; Sep 01, 2006 at 10:58 AM.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

The question may now be asked why religion does not put an end to this losing fight by openly declaring: ‘It is a fact that I cannot give you what men commonly call truth; to obtain that, you must go to science. But what I have to give you is incomparably more beautiful, more comforting and more ennobling than anything that you could ever get from science. And I therefore say to you that it is true in a different and higher sense.’ The answer is easy to find. Religion cannot make this admission, because if it did it would lose all influence over the mass of mankind. The ordinary man knows only one ‘truth’ – truth in the ordinary sense of the word. What may be meant by a higher, or a highest, truth, he cannot imagine. Truth seems to him as little capable of having degrees as death, and the necessary leap from the beautiful to the true is one that he cannot make. Perhaps you will agree with me in thinking that he is right in this.

by Sigmund Freud

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast