+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: philosophy

Newbie achilles may be famous one day achilles may be famous one day achilles's Avatar
    i live in my world a world where fantasy is real...
    Thanks

Re: philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    The question may now be asked why religion does not put an end to this losing fight by openly declaring: ‘It is a fact that I cannot give you what men commonly call truth; to obtain that, you must go to science. But what I have to give you is incomparably more beautiful, more comforting and more ennobling than anything that you could ever get from science. And I therefore say to you that it is true in a different and higher sense.’ The answer is easy to find. Religion cannot make this admission, because if it did it would lose all influence over the mass of mankind. The ordinary man knows only one ‘truth’ – truth in the ordinary sense of the word. What may be meant by a higher, or a highest, truth, he cannot imagine. Truth seems to him as little capable of having degrees as death, and the necessary leap from the beautiful to the true is one that he cannot make. Perhaps you will agree with me in thinking that he is right in this.

by Sigmund Freud
    alright now i wanna see if you can explain this one, as i will then reply to ur explaination as i got lot to say here....

CabalOnline USA cabalkiller.freeforums.org ogplanet.com

Otaku Dragon Dash Champion, Gems Hexic Revisited Champion, Infex Champion mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni's Avatar
    Thanks

If you meet the Budda kill the Budda
    If you meet your Father kill your Father
    Free of everything you are bound by nothing
    Live the life that is given too you.

Originaly from the story: The great journy east i think thats the name of it
    Last edited by mori-oni; Sep 01, 2006 at 11:10 AM.
    the power of a small program making cool stuff. Viva La Flash and MS Paints

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori-oni View Post
    If you meet the Budda kill the Budda
    If you meet your Father kill your Father
    Free of everything you are bound by nothing
    Live the life that is given too you.

Originaly from the story: The great journy east i think thats the name of it
    Why do you have to kill them to live your own life? You can do without killing. The way to free yourself from any sort of worldly bondages to set yourself from your body, not by killing what's on your way.

^_^

Otaku Dragon Dash Champion, Gems Hexic Revisited Champion, Infex Champion mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni's Avatar
    Thanks

The word kill is only a mediforical meaning, it means to throw it out of your life or to not listen to the voices of others. If you meet the budda kill the budda means if you see the word of god (or any other religious figure) then cast them aside. If you meet your father kill your father means if you see you father's Ideals and word in what you say and do then cast them aside.free of everything you are bound by nothing means when you see that you are useing your own words and ideals and not mimicing from what you have been taught then you in a sence bound by nothing. And finally live the life that is givin to you means live your life don't let other people or things control your life, it is your life not the continuation of someone/something elses. At least thats how I see it, this is what I see though my eyes and not someone elses.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori-oni
    The word kill is only a mediforical meaning, it means to throw it out of your life or to not listen to the voices of others. If you meet the budda kill the budda means if you see the word of god (or any other religious figure) then cast them aside. If you meet your father kill your father means if you see you father's Ideals and word in what you say and do then cast them aside.free of everything you are bound by nothing means when you see that you are useing your own words and ideals and not mimicing from what you have been taught then you in a sence bound by nothing. And finally live the life that is givin to you means live your life don't let other people or things control your life, it is your life not the continuation of someone/something elses. At least thats how I see it, this is what I see though my eyes and not someone elses.
    Excellent.

That was all I was trying to do.. To let you reason through that saying, and explain what it meant. I know, the word 'kill' is used in an emblematic sense - figurative speech. But still, I believe, if good can be learnt from anyone or anything, one should absorb that, and live accordingly. ^_^; But of course, one shouldn't be forced. Good job.

Thanks

I thank you for that but the reson I did not explain it at first was because these stansas are to be interpreted in the way that the peson reading can understand it. If the answer is given before you then the answer you had will be false in your mind and your view of the words not your own. It's like the answer to life, their is many answers but only you have the answer you seek. If you find the answer then you are only a few steps away from your original question not someone elses.

Newbie achilles may be famous one day achilles may be famous one day achilles's Avatar
    i live in my world a world where fantasy is real...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori-oni View Post
    but are we realy our selves or are we consequence of the circumstances?
    the fact that we cant realy control who talks and mold us... to think that one is in control... i love to feel free from all that and so i do dangerous stuff like skydive, SPEED anything up a waverunner, 4wheeler, car, dirtbike, others... rope climb to feel live within the grasp of my hands... to feel alive i read others saying how alive they are and write the same by philosophy [the science of thinking] to get out this deep words make me feel alive...

CabalOnline USA cabalkiller.freeforums.org ogplanet.com

Newbie Kitsunetsuki may be famous one day Kitsunetsuki may be famous one day Kitsunetsuki's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres one.

Life is but a dream...
    A dream,
    You don't know what's next,
    You know what you want,
    You know what you can't have,
    But you can always change it,
    Until the very end.

"Nothing happens by chance. Life has a design all it’s own. For one person’s sacrifice can be another’s salvation."~The Outer Limits
    R.I.P. "I wont forget you"VP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2