+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photography

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Photography

My wife and I went to Jamaica and used some cheap film cameras, they all got ruined...so I bought a Nikon D5000 for fun and to have some decent quality shots of the trips my wife and I go on. I must say it has been one of the best things I have ever done. My wife and I went to Yosemite and took just the most beautiful pictures of the landscape. I think though I really prefer taking pictures of wildlife but that always seems so much harder to do than a landscape which isn't going anywhere.

Is anyone around here into photography? If so what kind of camera do you use? What types of pictures do you prefer to take?

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Photography

As far as cameras go, I have to always recommend the Canon Rebel t2i.

It takes amazing photos as well as super high quality video for what you buy which is around $800 these days.

When I take photos I'm more of a micro shot and portrait kind of guy myself. I'm not a very active photographer in my day to day life, but I do have my spats of inspiration.

Do you have a place online that you post your photos like flickr?
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I love photography! My brother is a photographer. I try my hand at photography from time to time but drawing and graphic design is where my heart is. Though, taking photos does lend a hand to graphic design in certain moments. I need a better camera though. I have an HP digital camera. I want a DLR like there's no tomorrow.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenSpiral View Post

Do you have a place online that you post your photos like flickr?
    No, but I am thinking of making a website to display some of my better shots, I went to my local zoo and took some fairly good shots for a complete amateur but it is hard to find wildlife otherwise, especially to take pics of without like a 400-600MM lens.

I really want to go to New Zealand and do some under water shots, but need to get much better at my shots.

What about you do you have a place where you display your works?

What kind of macro lens do you use? Are you into abstract pictures or just love the close up detail?

@ atomik, save your money my man and get one. The canon ones lock on faster IMO if you use auto-focus but I have 0 regrets about my nikon...other than not being able to get an even higher end one.

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

My job title is actually a graphic designer; ha-ha! I work with print instead of computer interfaced graphics. So in my line of work it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have just as long as you get good lighting and learn how to hold the camera still.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenSpiral View Post
    My job title is actually a graphic designer; ha-ha! I work with print instead of computer interfaced graphics. So in my line of work it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have just as long as you get good lighting and learn how to hold the camera still.
    Funny! I'm majoring in graphic design print media! ^_^

The only reason I want a DLR is because my shutter speed on my HP camera is pretty slow and I can adjust the shutter speed on DLRs to take awesome night photos.

Thanks

Ha-Ha! Well, good luck! You'll find that a lot of places higher us at entry level positions. And the ones with the degree in it don't get hired because they don't want to pay the big bucks... at least it's that way here; ha-ha!

+ Reply to Thread