+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pipeline Burst

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Pipeline Burst

As most of you probably know there is a huge oil line leak in the ocean of the coast of America in the gulf of Mexico region. There is no real way to estimate what the cost is going to be. When I say cost I am not talking about dollars and cents. Marine life will be killed, tourism to those coasts will be diminished, and fisher men will be bankrupt or need to be subsidized.

This comes at a bad time in American history. Just as the country was getting back corporate trust from corporations paying off bail outs this happens. But I have to admit I take a little satisfaction in seeing it happen under a democratic president. I am not an Obama fan and this is a hue black eye ti the democrats as they will have a difficult time convincing people they are the "greener" of the two parties.

Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pipline Burst

it is truly unfortunate for the people in that area. i laugh though that its the BP's pipe line so they get all the blame. i hate those price jacking A-holes.
    they say it stands to be the worst oil spill in US history if i'm not mistaken. or so i've heard it said

Thanks

It has to be the worst. There is nothing that comes close. This oil just keeps rising. Hopefully it will dry up soon.

Otaku keitamoro is off to a good start keitamoro's Avatar
    Thanks

This is really terrible cause then the ocean would be polluted and the creatures living in their would probably get sick or be dead so this is a big crisis and yeah I must say I hope the oil dry up soon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keitamoro View Post
    This is really terrible cause then the ocean would be polluted and the creatures living in their would probably get sick or be dead so this is a big crisis and yeah I must say I hope the oil dry up soon.
    It will devastate the marine life. And with the eco system being as delicate as it is the effects of this will be far reaching. The impact will exceed far beyond are nautical economic zone.

Good news everyone. BP has come up with a way to plug the whole. It was announced on the news last night. They expect to do it some time in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; May 23, 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

havent they tried like four or five different things? ... how do they plan on fixing something like that? This really is horrible ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    havent they tried like four or five different things? ... how do they plan on fixing something like that? This really is horrible ...
    Basically they are stuffing it with a special type of clay I guess. But let's see. I hope it works and am getting angry. This will affect the whole ecosystem and God only knows how long the affects will last.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Looking at other oil spills (such as the Exxon Valdez spill) the effects of this spill will be far reaching into the future.

It such a shame, really is. But where we are using oil & extracting it, there is bound to be spills I guess. I had to laugh when I read that BP has pledged money into the research of the impacts of the oil spill. Which is great I guess, but we already know how devastating the impacts are, why not put some money into researching better technologies that can prevent or reduce the impacts of such a thing occurring again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast