Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates vs. Ninjas

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Pirates vs. Ninjas

It has come again... The time where you must decide which side you will give your allegiance to. The perilous Pirates, or the nefarious Ninjas?

Give the side you would want to be on and why. 'Cus they r kewl' is not a reason. Naruto-ish type ninjas are not included, else it would be a no-brainer.

Me? I would go with Ninjas because, skill-wise, Ninjas kick @$$. They have all those infiltration and assassination skills. They would just work their way onto the boat and, one night when everyone is sleeping, all the pirates would die and no-one would be the wiser.

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

Newbie Beeyunx is off to a good start Beeyunx's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pirates vs. Ninjas

Hmm, my friends picks pirates because they said they're cooler than ninjas. >.>;
    BUT.
    I pick the ninja's side! o:< Because, they have good skills, and they have like powers o.o;
    They have awesome jutsus. 8D
    Just like what Sneaky said. o:

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I choose neither, for I choose to set myself on fire. Because Pirates and Ninja's can't touch you if you're on fire.

But seriously folks. You have to explain why you choose your particular side!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyarrow View Post
    ... Naruto-ish type ninjas are not included, else it would be a no-brainer.

Me? I would go with Ninjas because, skill-wise, Ninjas kick @$$. They have all those infiltration and assassination skills. They would just work their way onto the boat and, one night when everyone is sleeping, all the pirates would die and no-one would be the wiser.
    Yes, of course... If you were to include the Ninja's from Naruto, then you invite comparisons with the Devil Fruit enhanced pirates of One Piece, who can easily compete in power and ability... There's also series centered on pirate mercenary bands ('Black Lagoon'), as well as Space Pirates, (such as 'Space Pirate Captain Harlock', easily one of the most famous macho characters in all of anime...)

Then again, the disadvantage of being a Ninja, besides being someone's nameless political/disposable tool, if you find yourself cornered, then you have to kill yourself to prevent the name of of your employer from being revealed...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Apr 13, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Ninjas. what's cooler than all of the mystery, stealth, and killing?
    then again, it would depend on the type of pirate too.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i'd pick Blackbeard, just Blackbeard.

why? becuz he would set his beard on fire JUST TO BE MORE SCARY.
    how can you compete with that?

and, from what i've learned from ninja games, ninjas can't swim so the pirates would just have to be all macho and push em off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

Soshi Kitai (Apr 13, 2009)

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble,

Then again, the disadvantage of being a Ninja, besides being someone's nameless political/disposable tool, if you find yourself cornered, then you have to kill yourself to prevent the name of of your employer from being revealed...
    That is preferable over the coward's path. I am not the die hard romantic for the Ninja or Samurai honor system, but I would rather it be one head than two; since it is obvious that the individual would perish anyways, even after revealing their source.

With pirates, the crew decides where the boat sails, not the captain. Revolts occur often and a new leader is elected after every little situation that doesn't go perfectly, accordingly to plan.

I am choosing Ninja because they have real direction that's not constructed out of nothing but pure animal wants. You have to have some discipline and self control in life, right?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i'd pick Blackbeard, just Blackbeard.

why? becuz he would set his beard on fire JUST TO BE MORE SCARY.
    how can you compete with that?

and, from what i've learned from ninja games, ninjas can't swim so the pirates would just have to be all macho and push em off.
    Edward Teach also died quite epically too. When he was being attacked by two ships that were after his head for a bounty, instead of running away, he jumped on board one of the ships, blowing the shit out of everything with makeshift grenades. The man after his bounty, Robert Maynard, broke his own sword stabbing Teach's back. In the end, he was stabbed twenty times and suffered five gunshot wounds. His head was cut off by Maynard after Teach tried to reload his pistol to keep the fight going. Maynard was paid 100 pounds for all of his trouble which is the equivalent to $18,000.

Bad. Ass.

Anyway, I pick samurai. A samurai once fought against Chinese/Mongolian pirates and defeated them all by using a bow and arrow while riding a horse. The pirates were still on their ship in the bay while they were getting arrow!sniped to death.
    I love my girlfriend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast