Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pirates vs. Ninjas

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pirates vs. Ninjas

Ninja don't use katana. For the most part, ninja were nothing more than poor peasants who used espionage and government work as a side job. Their day jobs involved farming and the usual peasantry.

Ninja actually just use ninjato, which basically is just a ninja sword which was cheaply made and poorly constructed swords that were never used for combat at all. They were often soaked in poison.

Now Samurai is what you would want to be if you want to wield a katana. Samurai don't just use katana. Most of them were also master spearman and skilled archers as I had mentioned in my previous post in this thread.

ONE SAMURAI.
    ON A HORSE.
    KILLED INVADING CHINESE PIRATES.
    WITH A BOW AND ARROW.
    I love my girlfriend.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Samurai still aren't a choice.

As true as all that is, you make it sound like the ninja were pathetic. Though the situation was true in many regards, there were specific villages that were regarded mainly as ninja villages - and that's the idea where ninja clans came from. They still worked under the government and wealthy types, but they were specially trained in these areas. It was their life to be a ninja - and they often didn't know much else to life other than farming.

But in that regard, the two most used weapons of a ninja were the sickle and the torch. ...because as you said, most ninjas were poor peasants who did farming.
    And it was effective.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post

.....Sure ninjas were stealthy, quick, and well-equipped - but they often died rather quickly. They weren't exactly well-armored.
    They weren't well armored for numerous reasons, but this is a fairly moot point anyways considering that one on one combat wasn't necesarrily their motive or within their job description. Most Ninjas were known to be assassins and participated in guerilla warfare. If they wanted heavy set armor and wished to wield a katana, they would have become a samurai or another soldier in the infantry.

Ninjas were not only stealthy but great at running away. Why else do you think they always carried around smoke bombs? From understanding, their martial arts varied, but a lot of their styles seemed to resemble such arts as Ai kiddo, which happens to be 100% defensive.

You could be correct in the sense of the swords bein used to parry, but including that they were used to end another's life quickly, falls short as well. Any swordsman of that era would tell you that the faster you kill someone, the better, and this was no different in a samurai's strike either. Samurai also went for the jugular as well and if their fights lasted longer than a couple of seconds than either had to be extremely lucky or in reality, very bad at what they did.

The point is, ninjas did their job and moved on; they didn't stick around to fight outnumbered or die honorably in battle. They did what they were suppose to and ran away to fight another day. You could probably see the difference between pirates and ninjas now and frankly, I still wonder why those two were pitted against each other when historically they compare such as apples and oranges. Naruto vs One piece is the only real question here...Devil Fruit vs Ninjitsu?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Argh, I never word things right. Whatevs, you said it correctly.

We're not questioning Naruto vs One Piece nor are we questioning true skill.
    ...we're questioning: Which is more awesome.
    This question's existed on the net before either grabbed hold of their large worldwide fans.

And isn't it "Aikido"? ... Ai kiddo sounds like a strange anime.
    I'm not sure if it resembles Aikido, Aikido was a collection of the defensive arts and turning it into a completely counter-style.
    To me, their style resembled a mix between (forgot which form) that certain form of karate + the Muslim assassin style it originated from.

I didn't mean they were well-armored to claim that they should've been - I meant they weren't invincible as many pop-fans believe they are. They died just as fast as any soldier on the field. ...and they didn't always carry smoke bombs, that really did depend who was their supplier. It just became popular amongst ninja "clans" to start creating smoke bombs - when bombs were their original specialty.
    ...and blah blah blah.

Point is, we're wondering who's more awesome - ninjas, or pirates?

I honestly want to pick ninjas, but the fans of ninjas are really aggravating. At least with pirate fans, they're too drunk to notice who's a fan.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Yeah but generally, if someones says: "I'm a Ninja" you can be sure that this person is awesome! :P
    However, if someone says "I'm a pirate", that's nothing special. Take a small criminal, put him on a boat and he's pirate.
    So if it's pirates vs. ninja, I like ninjas more although I'm a big fan of One Piece. I guess it depends on which pirates we're talking about.

Though actually, I'd want to pick samurai, like Innerhell. Their honour code, their weapons, their armors. Musashi ftw.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Soshi Kitai;656799]Argh, I never word things right. Whatevs, you said it correctly.

And isn't it "Aikido"? ... Ai kiddo sounds like a strange anime.
    I'm not sure if it resembles Aikido, Aikido was a collection of the defensive arts and turning it into a completely counter-style.
    To me, their style resembled a mix between (forgot which form) that certain form of karate + the Muslim assassin style it originated from.

I didn't mean they were well-armored to claim that they should've been - I meant they weren't invincible as many pop-fans believe they are. They died just as fast as any soldier on the field. ...and they didn't always carry smoke bombs, that really did depend who was their supplier. It just became popular amongst ninja "clans" to start creating smoke bombs - when bombs were their original specialty.
    ...and blah blah blah.

Point is, we're wondering who's more awesome - ninjas, or pirates? QUOTE]

I added another "D" in there by accident. Ai Kido is not a "was", but is. It isn't an assassin's form of any kind and is purely defensive 100%. It derived from jujitsu and uses the enemies momentum against them, which in turn only really adds to my previous point that they run instead of stand the ground. Smokes bombs were merely an example which was actually used greatly whenever they could get their hands on it. I suppose the supplier thing was right, but unless they just started without a clan, they were definentally using smokebombs which weren't incredibly difficult to produce or was difficult to get since gunpowder can be used as a main ingredient.

Ninjas did the hit and run, while pirates fought to the death to get what they wanted. As I was saying, you can't compare the two in a one on one fight since they are completely different in every sense. Considering your statements about the armor and how people mistook ninjas as immortal..idk, I didn't quite follow that part.
    Anyways, yes, they weren't immortal but I simple said armor meant nohing and was irrelevant to the conversation. That was it really. Seeing ninjas as invincible has been passed down for some time now. There is a reason for that and I explained quite a bit as to why.

I referenced you and I will now again, because I say you are wrong. If you are talking about a human's mortality, than yes, one person dies just as quickly with a sword in the chest as the next. If you say that they died in the masses such as soldiers, on the battle field, in a soldier's way, than no, they did not. The same goes with Pirates.

I too know that this vs mode has been on for awhile, but since this is an anime site, assumptions can easily be made. If you remove Naruto vs One Piece and skill - something that is emphasis on any factor here and the most exciting bit, than you don't have much of a thread in my opinion, but oh well.

What we are talking about is the awesome factor and I just explained why I made my decision. I think it is awesome, so I voiced it. This sort of turned out to be more like a debate which it shouldn't have, so just back to the awesomeness I guess.

Thanks

I added another "D" in there by accident. Ai Kido is not a "was", but is. It isn't an assassin's form of any kind and is purely defensive 100%.

Worded wrong again... I meant to say that ninjitsu is a mixutre of karate+the Muslim assassin style. The Aikido part was just the Aikido part.

I referenced you and I will now again, because I say you are wrong. If you are talking about a human's mortality, than yes, one person dies just as quickly with a sword in the chest as the next. If you say that they died in the masses such as soldiers, on the battle field, in a soldier's way, than no, they did not. The same goes with Pirates.
    I'm on a roll with mis-wording.
    I didn't mean they died by the masses. I meant the former of what you said.
    Wasn't saying pirates were any different - it's just that most ninja-fans believe ninjas are almost god-like in skill and that no one can match them.
    But from history, it definitely looked like they were as human as the rest of us.

I too know that this vs mode has been on for awhile, but since this is an anime site, assumptions can easily be made. If you remove Naruto vs One Piece and skill - something that is emphasis on any factor here and the most exciting bit, than you don't have much of a thread in my opinion, but oh well.
    It did start out in random-type forums - so technically it's always a spam topic.
    No real serious debates (should) ever happen in these things - just bashing on fans.

What we are talking about is the awesome factor and I just explained why I made my decision. I think it is awesome, so I voiced it. This sort of turned out to be more like a debate which it shouldn't have, so just back to the awesomeness I guess.
    It always turns into a debate. It's what keeps it a legitimate topic.

Newbie ApplePiKing is off to a good start ApplePiKing's Avatar
    Thanks

Ninjas are jut plane awsome & stealthy, Pirates just suck cuz they use a ship
    to help them in battle & get really crapy wepons. & if Ninjas fought Pirates, Ninjas would win hands down.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast