+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poem Pandemonium

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Poem Pandemonium

come on people... these people do not post these poems for you to just look and x out the window... give them so leway and tell them what ya think... even if you dont like it tell them
    thus this will encourage them to write better!

i think that if you dont want to comment the poems... dont read them...
    just ignore the poems forum all together...

I am right arent i?
    ya see.... we make our poems to be heard... no to be read of and then ignored.... READ THEM AND COMMENT THEM... u are the ones who give us the insentave to work harder on what we do... you are the ones who point out the mistakes and who understand what we are trrying to say!

Just do it man... COMMENT US!!!!!
    Last edited by starfire1036; Mar 05, 2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Title error

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Poem Pandemonium

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    come on people... these people do not post these poems for you to just look and x out the window... give them so leway and tell them what ya think... even if you dont like it tell them
    thus this will encourage them to write better!

i think that if you dont want to comment the poems... dont read them...
    just ignore the poems forum all together...

I am right arent i?
    ya see.... we make our poems to be heard... no to be read of and then ignored.... READ THEM AND COMMENT THEM... u are the ones who give us the insentave to work harder on what we do... you are the ones who point out the mistakes and who understand what we are trrying to say!

Just do it man... COMMENT US!!!!!
    First of all, I don't think this is a very Cyber Lounge worthy thread, but it's not my place to make that call, nor can I do anything about it. BUT, seeing how this thread caught my attention, I'm gonna comment on it.

Personally, I don't care whether or not anyone comments my work or not. If they do, then they must really like it, in my opinion. I don't comment on works I don't like and I can imagine that everyone else is the same way. Sometimes I won't comment at all, regardless of how much or little I like it. Only because I feel there's no point some times. I can just as easily PM the author.

Besides, most poetry comments are very low quality--something the mods are trying to eliminate, hence all the recent changes in the Poetry section--so, why would someone post a reply to a poem, knowing good and well that they'll probably just get a warning, infraction or have their post moved, deleted or closed?

The fact that you actually care that much about the lack of comments makes you look pretty selfish in my opinion. If my work doesn't get commented, I just let it be. If one of my good friends here on AO doesn't comment, then I can worry a bit. Only a bit though. Maybe that person's busy or just can't get online at the moment, y'know?

It's not a big deal; you should just keep writing, because if that's what you love to do, why worry about comments? Worry about posting new work.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Learn to spellcheck your work, use comprehensible grammar and write something worth reading and maybe we will :P

I don't think most people are posting poems with genuine intent to improve their writing.

They want attention.

Why on earth would I give it to them?!

poetry... ur doing it wrong!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Learn to spellcheck your work, use comprehensible grammar and write something worth reading and maybe we will :P

I don't think most people are posting poems with genuine intent to improve their writing.

They want attention.

Why on earth would I give it to them?!

poetry... ur doing it wrong!
    Agreed. If it's illegible, if the grammar is horrible and spelling is like a damn text message written by a junior high student, why should we comment on the poem? Were I to reply to a poem that fits the description of what Tsurara and I are talkin' about then it's not really a comment but destructive criticism.

I agree with you about the whole attention thing, Tsurara. I know I write for attention on rare occasions, but I don't think myself deserving of attention anyway, so in essence, I don't really care. Like I said earlier, if someone wants to pay attention to what I write, more power to ya (or me, rather, LOL). If not, cool. It's not like my fingers fell of and I can't write anymore. All a comment on a poem is doin' is givin' the kid who craves attention the most exactly what they want.

I don't comment to give attention, I comment to give constructive criticism and to give props or not at all.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

How about this. If folks were to put a link to an audio file where you guys were to read your poems, I'll probably be more interested. I was never much of a reader and on top that don't really understand poems.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Besides, most poetry comments are very low quality--something the mods are trying to eliminate, hence all the recent changes in the Poetry section--so, why would someone post a reply to a poem, knowing good and well that they'll probably just get a warning, infraction or have their post moved, deleted or closed?[/COLOR]
    That is exactly the problem. Saying "Great job!" just doesn't cut it anymore (it never did, but the low quality rule is being more strongly enforced in the poetry section these days), so the number of comments has dramatically decreased due to people not wanting to put in the effort to give a genuine critique of a poem, or not having the skill to do so. I don't think it's all that hard to comment on the structure, style or general idea of a poem in a way that's constructive and insightful, but apparently a lot of people do.

I would love to see more comments in the poetry section that mean something to the author, and can help them develop their skill, but if that can't be done then I'm fine with no comments at all.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gren For This Useful Post:

starfire1036 (Mar 06, 2008)

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    That is exactly the problem. Saying "Great job!" just doesn't cut it anymore (it never did, but the low quality rule is being more strongly enforced in the poetry section these days), so the number of comments has dramatically decreased due to people not wanting to put in the effort to give a genuine critique of a poem, or not having the skill to do so. I don't think it's all that hard to comment on the structure, style or general idea of a poem in a way that's constructive and insightful, but apparently a lot of people do.

I would love to see more comments in the poetry section that mean something to the author, and can help them develop their skill, but if that can't be done then I'm fine with no comments at all.
    There is nothing wrong with commenting a poem... and not everyone types perfect i am sorry to say... you know as well as i know that we all have different ways of typing... it is called style... people make mistakes on purpose and those that dont go back and fix them when they catch their mistake
    i wrote this post at 5 o'clock in the morning and i am sorry if it isnt up to your standards
    i do not care if i type one damned word wrong.. it is one word... i can see if it was a job application
    but no it is just a forum
    i didnt not get a message that had informed me of spelling errors nor do i think this is a big deal... i do not post to be critisized i posted to be told of how i do and what people interpret my work as
    i do not do it for attention i do it for the fact that i feel it is a good poem
    i do it to give something for these people to read and i do not think that i should be critisized for asking for comments on my work... i get tired of seeing that people read it and not comment
    because it makes me feel like they just clicked, read, and didnt bother... I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF MY WORK... nothing more...
    if you dont like it tell me
    is that sooo damned hard? are you being lazy or what... if you took the time out of ur "busy" day to comment on this forum then u can take about 10 seconds to type... "I thought it suckd"
    no big deal right... well what ever
    dont comment. who says i need your opinion...
    i am asking for those who take the time to read it to comment... if you dont like the preview to the poem then dont read it there for you dont have to comment...
    I do not care if i spell words wrong... I do not care if you are a neat freak... all i do is get my work out there for people to view... so personally shut up and dont read the damn things if you know that u arent going to comment...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with commenting a poem... and not everyone types perfect i am sorry to say... you know as well as i know that we all have different ways of typing... it is called style... people make mistakes on purpose and those that dont go back and fix them when they catch their mistake
    i wrote this post at 5 o'clock in the morning and i am sorry if it isnt up to your standards
    i do not care if i type one damned word wrong.. it is one word... i can see if it was a job application
    but no it is just a forum
    i didnt not get a message that had informed me of spelling errors nor do i think this is a big deal... i do not post to be critisized i posted to be told of how i do and what people interpret my work as
    i do not do it for attention i do it for the fact that i feel it is a good poem
    i do it to give something for these people to read and i do not think that i should be critisized for asking for comments on my work... i get tired of seeing that people read it and not comment
    because it makes me feel like they just clicked, read, and didnt bother... I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF MY WORK... nothing more...
    if you dont like it tell me
    is that sooo damned hard? are you being lazy or what... if you took the time out of ur "busy" day to comment on this forum then u can take about 10 seconds to type... "I thought it suckd"
    no big deal right... well what ever
    dont comment. who says i need your opinion...
    i am asking for those who take the time to read it to comment... if you dont like the preview to the poem then dont read it there for you dont have to comment...
    I do not care if i spell words wrong... I do not care if you are a neat freak... all i do is get my work out there for people to view... so personally shut up and dont read the damn things if you know that u arent going to comment...
    With an attitude like that, maybe I shouldn't read your work ever!

Look at what you just said:
    Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036
    i do not post to be critisized i posted to be told of how i do and what people interpret my work as
    Hmm... You've just described criticism twice in one sentence. You don't post to be criticized but to be told how people view your work?? SAME THING!!!

Critic (noun): A person who evaluates and reports on the worth of something; commentator, judge, reviewer.

Criticism (noun): A comment expressing fault : blame, censure, condemnation, denunciation, reprehension, reprobation.

Whoever is viewing your work is the "critic" and if they post on your poem, more than likely they're feeding you what?? Yup! CRITICISM!!! Saying you don't wanna be criticized is like saying you don't wanna write poetry anymore.

Also, typing while using horrible grammar, mispelling sh*t and having an overal bad sentence structure is NOT--I repeat--IS NOT style!!! If you suck at typing, if you can't spell, if you make intentional typographical errors simply cause you're too lazy or illiterate; that is not style, that's ignorance trying to pass as grace and intelligence. Maybe you should learn a bit more about the English language and how to use it a bit better before you go about talking about style, letters, sentences and typing.

You can tell us shut up all you want, but it won't fix your problem with your lack of comments.

+ Reply to Thread