+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Police and their Quotas

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Police and their Quotas

I know police in my area have monthly quotas they have to meet by the end of the month so at the end of the month the police get super anal and pull over anyone for anything. Here's my question: Isn't it a good thing if they don't meet their monthly quota? Doesn't that mean that crime has decreased?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Police and their Quotas

No it really does not, its a poor indicator, the quota system is meant to make sure they are out there doing their job and not slacking off. The fewer people they catch and pull over for breaking the law does not mean crime or the number of actual law breakers are down.
    Yes it is a big pain in the ass but it also means the police are off their ass and doing what they are suppose to, even when they get really really anal.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128 View Post
    .... Here's my question: Isn't it a good thing if they don't meet their monthly quota? Doesn't that mean that crime has decreased?
    This sounds like the Mark Twain quote, "... There are lies, damn lies, and STATISTICS!!!"

There was a survey done in some East Coast big city that indicated that petty crime was reduced by the presence of Doughnut Shops. Are criminals actually repelled by Doughnuts, or was there something that Doughnut shops attracted that was responsible???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Here in town(Wichita, Ks) recently, cops pulled over shitloads of people and wrote up shitloads of tickets where the main north/south(I-35) and the main east/west(Kellogg) highways meet. They say they were trying to keep people from speeding, which is easy to believe, cause people do speed here all the frickin time.

Still though, when you've written over 1500 tickets in that spot alone, I think your quota is well filled.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

I know the mayor of my city has to quota of a certian number of police officers, firemen, and medics he has to get rid of or else raise our city taxes again.

But police officers have quotas?
    They're lucky they get to live another.

Seriously where do you people live that police officers can afford to have quotas?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    They're lucky they get to live another.
    Uhmm... What?

Tula, I have said what the quota system is for, and that is to make sure they are out doing their job other wise they do not get payed/have their pay deducted if they do not meet the quota. As for your question as to "Where do you people live that police officers can afford to have quotas?" Officers here in the US have quotas, and it really doesnt cost them anything really. Its simply a deadline they must meet on handing out tickets and that deadline can be rather high depending on the area said officer works in.

Unless of cores you already knew all of this and were just being sarcastic.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie Banshee is off to a good start Banshee's Avatar
    Thanks

Fufufufufu..... Police do what they have to to make sure you're obeying the Lawl. It makes sense. But to those with low intellect and grammar, they're there to bring you down. Fo shizzle.
    Fufufufufufufu....... But heres some advice: make them laugh and they'll be off your ass.
    Your head would meansomuch to me-ICP Fufufufu

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

The last cop I encountered (and first) was not in the laughing mood, he was in a bad mood. I feel he would've arrested me if I tried to make him laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast