Thanks

Portrait of yourself.

Every man’s work,
    Whether it be literature
    Or music or pictures
    Or architecture or anything else,
    Is always a portrait of himself.
    -Anonymous

I read this a long time ago (on my pencil case ^^;; ), and it got me thinking: What do I have or have made that I would consider as a portrait of myself? My thoughts rested on a few things, such as my passion for my dream, my faith, etc. With some considerable reflection, I have come to realize that one thing that represents so much of me, the life I have lead and the traces I have left behind, that I would consider it as my PORTRAIT. After that, I’ve begun to recognize how precious it is to me and to appreciate more of the worth of that ‘thing’.

And so, I would like to share this question with the AO members: What is the ‘something’ that you would consider as a portrait of your self? It could be something that you have made, a collection, a story you have written, or a story you’re read or heard of, a song you have written…

It could be your ambition, your passion, your dream… your job, your prized possession, even someone else… a place, a poem, a tree… your room, your home, your studies… it could be anything.

What would you consider as a portrait of your self? And why, of course ^^

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Portrait of your self..

Boy, am I glad this is not a "what is your favorite portrait of yourself?" thread

Nice topic by the way, and my answer would have to be MY FRIENDS both online and in the real world. Everyone represents some part of me, because that's how you have friends by having common goals & interests. I got the clique that knows anime, and the group that knows sports, etc.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed- everything I've ever made is a portrait of myself, I've put a part of myself in all my works. You'll find me in all my stories (usually as the main character, witch I'm trying to change... >.<), my poems are just my emotions on paper, my pictures... well... how can you make something and not put yourself in it?

I don't have an indea about what else could portrait me better than my works... lol ^^ maybe my sister- she looks alike and she acts alike...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Woooaaahhh... So last night I wrote my entry for POTM.. And its about my self portrait. Its called "self portrait" I swear I hadn't seen this thread... Infact oddly enough I was home, writting my poem on paper around the same time you were posting this. Weird right.

Well, As an artist, Ive made many self portaits.
    But to look at it on a deeper level... I'd have to say my kids.
    I live vicariously (sp?) through them. But Im not over bearing, nor do I try to mold them to be what I wish. I just view them as carrying pieces of me. Pieces of me that will live after I die. And hopefully see things greater than I saw myself.
    ... Not Ever Again...

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

At this point, I'd have to say my self-portrait is my writing.

Everything I've ever written ties to me in some way, be it the style, the content, or the words themselves; it's all a way to keep digging into my own brain until I find what I'm looking for. What and how I write is the only way I'm willing to bare my soul for the public.

Even posting in threads is an extension of me. I refuse to use less than perfect grammar and spelling, everything I say is the absolute truth as I know it, and I'll never dumb down or change my opinion to appease anyone. So...my words, my writing are the best picture of me anyone could ever get.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks, Pyoro-Pyoro! ^^

Wow, that is sure an odd coincidence, Peach_follows. ^^ Perhaps it is an indication that we are all connnected in some way somehow...? Hehe.

As for me, I'd also like to share of what I consider as the closest thing to being a portrait of my self:

When I turned 15, I planned to buy a big thick book of blank pages as a present for myself (my dad saw me in time, and offered to buy it for me instead ^^;. I was going to paste all the letters, cards, notes passed to me in classes, paper doodles, gift tags, bits of gift wrappers and scraps... everything I've received all over the years, there in that big old book. I had planned on choosing a pretty scrapbook for that collection, but when the time came for choosing, I changed my mind and instead chose the one with the plainest cover and design.

Until now, I still have this scrapbook, and are still pasting there all bits and pieces that I know will serve as tangible fragments of my memories. Many times, when I seem to have lost my self, I'd open this book, and see there my being, through the messages of my friends that I've kept there. It is always a heartwarming experience. This book has become my way of always remembering myself, so as not to change from that, but only for the better.

One of the most delightful things I like to do is sticking there other papers or thingies I have not pasted because of laziness. Because of other matters, I keep putting it off. Oddly enough, the only time I seem to put myself to the task of organizing it is on rainy days when classes get suspended or when the elctricity is out and I can't do anything else, hehe. So, I do this always on cool rainy days.

It has become so thick now, the scrapbook, but it still hasn't reached the last page ^^

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say it would be a toss up between my family, friends and my work. My family and friends because we have imprinted different parts of ourselves on each other. My work because I work with dogs. Each one has their own personality and acts different, but it's how we react to each other that makes it special. Also people see that reaction and like what they see and the animals are happy also.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Portrait of yourself.

Purely everything that stems in and out from my innermost being is a portrait of myself, be it typified as good or bad... So, putting it simply, those who are near and dear to me are the part and parcel of myself, and together with my actions, works, convictions, and memories, they dovetail fragments of my being to its entirety. Among all else, I am but a mere silhouette, hidden among their (material) falsehood. No, really. =P

Ahh...

Someone here mentioned they keep a scrapbook, I maintain that sort of thingy, too. I started working on it when I was 13. Buried in it are entries of my worldly observations, ideas, and thoughts, age-old missives, photographs with comments, autographs (from childhood friends to music artists to monks), plastered leaves, and stuff. It might drift around a while as a family heirloom or get purchased at an antique store. : ( I think I will have it burned with me.

+Saving thy thread+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast