Closed Thread

Thread: Posting and You (Free Video - cool!)

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Posting and You (Free Video - cool!)

This is a repost of a link to a very useful movie entitled "Posting and You."

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

I'm making it required viewing for all new folks and many of you "regulars" should watch it also. I know most of you have seen this film before but lately I've come to the conclusion that people need a refresher course on how to post in a discussion forum.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie Troggard may be famous one day Troggard may be famous one day Troggard's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Posting and You (Required for Newbies)

I don't mean to offend anyone by posting this, but this thread is pretty lame. I mean, if you guys want to lay down some rules, that's cool. But to just steal someone else's flash and say "These are our rules" is pretty lame. How about a real sticky with real rules that we can cite when dealing with offenders?

Lemme try to make my position a bit more clear:

So someone breaks the rules. They spam or troll or otherwise do something that's just plain uncouth. For this, you spank 'em with a ban or whatever. In the subsequent PM they no doubt will send you, you'll get a lot of bitching. Wouldn't it be way easier to cite specific written rules that a moderator has written versus a funny flash video?

Again, this post was made in the hopes of provoking a decent discussion and possibly the writing of a real set of rules. What do you guys think?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

We have a sticky for our actual rules located here:

http://www.animeonline.net/showthread.php?t=8607

They were written before I even came to this site and have been through a few modifications over the last 3-4 years with links made by the staff being found in at least 3 different places on AO and numerous members have links to it in their sig areas (such as myself).

This thread was made a long time ago to deal with some junk that was going on in a funny way and that flash is used on a lot of sites because it is very applicable.

I am only posting this as to answer your question, please understand this thread is "dead", further posting will get the mods attentions and neither of us want that

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Troggard
    I don't mean to offend anyone by posting this, but this thread is pretty lame. I mean, if you guys want to lay down some rules, that's cool. But to just steal someone else's flash and say "These are our rules" is pretty lame. How about a real sticky with real rules that we can cite when dealing with offenders?

Lemme try to make my position a bit more clear:

So someone breaks the rules. They spam or troll or otherwise do something that's just plain uncouth. For this, you spank 'em with a ban or whatever. In the subsequent PM they no doubt will send you, you'll get a lot of bitching. Wouldn't it be way easier to cite specific written rules that a moderator has written versus a funny flash video?

Again, this post was made in the hopes of provoking a decent discussion and possibly the writing of a real set of rules. What do you guys think?
    Those aren't our rules, it's just a flash we found amusing and since it does actually give a little insight as to how to go about posting in a forum if you're new to the concept, we're just making the video easily available to the masses, that's all.

And this was supposed to be closed......how it got re-opened is beyond me, however I'm going to close it once again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to frr_Vegeta For This Useful Post:

HolderOfTheDarkChalice (Feb 01, 2008)

Closed Thread