+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: => Prayers <=

Newbie Tsubasa-chan may be famous one day Tsubasa-chan may be famous one day Tsubasa-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: => Prayers <=

I would say that I believe. And I see I'm not alone. ^-^ I pray sometimes when I'm in a fight with my friends, and the next day we all end up hugging and crying and apologizing.
    [ My Tokyopop ]
    [ GALAXY ANGEL ]

Otaku Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh may be famous one day Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that is what prayers do. They reassure your inner self to work towards what you're praying for. Giving you hope that a higher being will help you, which in turn helps you to keep the confidence to work towards your goal and to keep faith.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

I read a book saying prayer works with synergy. If one person prays it is like a light. If many people pray for the same thing that light will turn into a laser being more focused and strong. In the charity I belong to (World Vision) they would hold prayer circles asking many people to pray for a sick child. When there is group prayer all with the same good intention the child heals overnight. Prayer does work. It is not just a placebo effect. There is a synergy, when the sum is greater than the individual parts, that works. So I do beleive in power of synergy in prayer. The more people pray for the same good intention, miracles come true.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe in prayer. I find it a waste of time personally. I could explain why, but I'd be bitching too much about God and I don't want to cause any conflict between my different personal beliefs and everyone else's.
    Basically, I just believe that it's a waste of time and effort to ask for something when you can do it yourself and you can make it happen. There's always the impossible or the difficult matters to consider, but then again, making at least some effort to achieve one's goals or ambitions is better than doing nothing. It's better than being productive instead of wishing it all to be.

That's pretty much it. I is crazy. I is weird.

[Ih]
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 20, 2006 at 10:44 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Libitina may be famous one day Libitina may be famous one day Libitina's Avatar
    Thanks

I do believe in prayers. This Sunday I found out that my friend had an Ulser in her eye.....she just found about it that day......and as you know an Ulser in the eye is not normal at all......so the doctors told her that she would have to get an operation, this friend, she has been sick already for a while with something else...it might be related it might not be.....so anyway I prayed for her and I know many other people were doing so.....and the next day her Ulser was diminishing and the pain was completely gone.........sorry I don't know if I'm writing Ulser right....anyway.........now it seems its gone....even the doctors said that it was something amazing.....and yes I believe in God and that He is always there to listen to us eventhough sometimes He does not answer in the way we expect or want Him to answer.......besides this time several times my prayers have been answered.....and I believe in praying even in good times, many ppl tend to pray just in their hard times and forget to thank God for His blessings, but anyway thats going way into another theme.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4