+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: precious childhood toys

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: precious childhood toys

hahaha!!! I love this thread!!!! ^_^ yay for remembering childhood!!!!!!!!!
    Well for me I had MY Panchita and MY Perlita. Panchita was a doll that I used to carry around with me ALL the time... actually in my childhood pics Panchita is in 99.9999999999999999999999999% of my photos ^_^. and NO ONE could touch MY Panchita... without me getting irritated...
    Perlita was my stuffed animal that I used to sleep with... I could not sleep without her beside me... and again NO ONE could touch her.
    hummmm thinking about them... I really don't know what happened to them... but oh well....
    Nice thread ^_^
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Interesting. Now, can I do this in a way that doesn't make me sound weird...

Well, I gotta admit, I can be considered a bit of a big kid, but something I've still got from my youth is a Rigadoon named Dan. For those who didn't know, Rigadoons were fabric puppets about 80 cm tall, all with different faces & "personalities". The one I got was Dan, which is also the first 3 letters of my name. Must have been around 6-7 when I got him, cause my brother got one too, but my sister wasn't even born yet. He might have been just a puppet, but having him there helped me get through some tough times.

Still got the bugger too. Sure, he's got lumps of dust on him, a hole in his neck, & he's wearing nothing but a "Great Keppel Island" shirt, his actual clothes long gone, but I've still got him in my room. He's also wearing a Canteen bandanna I brought not long ago, since it turns out his head is just as big as mine, just flatter.

I'll probably keep him around for ages, maybe repair him & pass him on to the next generation, if they treat him well. He's kinda always been there, & most likely will be for a long time to come...

Damn, so much for not sounding weird...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

My favourite toy was Super Sayain Vegeta just for the simple fact that it was so hard to find! I mean, besides Super Sayain Goku, he was hella hard to get. I think I still have him somewhere in my house too i just don't know exactly where he's at.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie Serena500 is off to a good start Serena500's Avatar
    Thanks

my precious childhood toy wasn't really a toy. it was a blanket that i had ever since i was a baby. it is a yellow blanket that is small. i still have it and i love it just as much as i did then.
    The battle of the best ninja..who will rise to the top? Maybe Sasuke. Maybe Naruto.
    Thanks to ryomakurosaki for the sig ^^

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I did not really play with toys . . . I was the freakish child in the corner with his glasses sliding down his nose as he poured over an old copy of Anna Karenina . . .

The best toy was probably the yo-yo*. My grandfather spent hours teaching me tricks. I remember I got my first black eye from a botched trick I was trying to master . . . Ouch. Not that I told anyone it was from a yo-yo . . . That would have been humiliating; they'd never have let me hear the end of it!

*Trivia Fact: Yo-yos were originally designed to be weapons. Glad that fell through. Can you imagine wars with yo-yos?!
    haha, world war three with nukes, world war 4 with yo-yo's i'm guessing you don't mind that you didn't ahve a really "soft" toy to play with, but without mine i would probablly be lost up to date, this thread reminds me to retrieve it from the box i once long left it in to rot, how cruel! thank-you for this threads ryo. really i mean it.

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really remember when I got my first toy. But I do remember is that I have the old care bear cousins which was the rabbit. I would carry that thing around all the time. I did have to put it into a yard sale but I wound up getting it back through eBay and I have it in an old tub with all of my other stuff animals that I had during my childhood years.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    haha, world war three with nukes, world war 4 with yo-yo's i'm guessing you don't mind that you didn't ahve a really "soft" toy to play with, but without mine i would probablly be lost up to date, this thread reminds me to retrieve it from the box i once long left it in to rot, how cruel! thank-you for this threads ryo. really i mean it.
    Nice Einstein reference. (Paraphrasing, of course, but "I know not what World War III will be fought with, but WWIV will be won with sticks and stones.")

But you have to admit that the old fashioned toys were always better than the button-mashing wire boxes kids these days play with. I mean, who out of us had more fun using our imaginations and turning the refrigerator box into an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus or a rocket ship? Who among us felt like a god if he or she could master double-dutch jumping rope? Seriously. Kids these days lack what we had and no mistake.

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    Aww well I am glad this thread help you! Lol I was just playing with my bunny when my dog came out of no where and stole it!! >.< I am still hunting it done XD lol I have a pretty good idea of where it is. But yea I love that thing! I just remember such great memories when I look or play with Mr. Pinky. (Yes I named him! Duh! XD )
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast