+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Pressure of School Exams

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

The Pressure of School Exams

I'm no longer in school and thank goodness. The pressure of final exams was quite stressful at the time. Now years later, I can see that the success one makes in life is not reliant on these final exams.

If you are in school and have these pressures, then try your best and be happy with that. Don't let it stress you out.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Pressure of School Exams

Though I tell myself everytime what you just said, it is so much easier said that done.
    I'm first year uni student and I have 4 massive research assignments and 1 exam in 3 weeks.
    If I fail these I fail the whole course and when your paying $600 (AUS) for a course, that's something you dont want to do, considering, if I fail I have to repeat and therefore pay for the course again.

But yes, you do have to take time, take a few deep breathes and remember that one day it's all going to be worth it

x_X

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    I'm no longer in school and thank goodness. The pressure of final exams was quite stressful at the time. Now years later, I can see that the success one makes in life is not reliant on these final exams.

If you are in school and have these pressures, then try your best and be happy with that. Don't let it stress you out.
    Eh, it goes both ways. On one hand it's make or break for most people, for people like me it means hell yeah all that other essays, projects, etc stuff is done and the final is the last obstacle.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

well for my course its more reliant on the modules. Its more like an on-going assessment where it comes down to performance at the end of the semester. Probably why i chose to do a choroegraphy course.

Although people would think thats its a lot easier having assessments, i think its equally nerve racking then having exams. Because If you see the final performance i do at the end of each semester then really its just like sitting a practical exam. Thats all it is. Of course there is still documenting the process and having to write a lot but thats essential to my career really.

But putting pressure on students like having exams or assessments is so they get used to have pressure when they get into the real world. when you have to really put your thinking cap on to get things organised and sorted out before the deadline.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

thats easy to say when u r already out >.>
    and I know most of the fings I have to take to graduate I wont see again in the rest of my life... but
    Im in my senior year, high school can be pretty stressful at times.... and on top of that I have SATs, ACTs, college applications to take care of, and I go to college from 4 to 9PM. so how are u suggesting not getting stressed?
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, final exams are a headache and a half. When you are in school it's really hard to ignore them and not let the pressure get to you at least a little. Whenever I do a test, I always worry over my score. I could have known the answer to every question and I will still worry. Lol

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, for me, it’s really less about the pressure, and more about the quantity…

I don’t know if you guys can relate, but we have this thing called “hell week”, wherein all the projects, assignments, etc. are due… That, plus the consecutive major exams with loads of material to cram going on…

It would be less stressful and much better if everything was distributed evenly instead of rolled into one…

But hey, I guess, that’s what deadlines are supposedly for and all about, huh?

*shrugs* Somehow, someone out there made up a rule about Uni life being this way…

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hard to say. I seriously regret not performing better in secondary school because I'm looking at all my university application forms now and they're all asking for academic records and transcripts of my last four years in school... and I'm like, "Holy crap, will they reject me because of my B's and C's?" I don't know what the education system is like elsewhere, but in Malaysia everything's exam-oriented, and only the Social Sciences have projects that make up for about 25% of your final mark.

I'm in a Canadian programme now, and it's very much coursework-based, so there's very little stress where exams are concerned (last semester I felt super relaxed when I sat for my exams!) but there is plenty of day-to-day stress because of the huge workload.

And yeah, once you're out it's easy to tell people things like "relax" and "don't be stressed out" and all. I remember working my butt off (well, at the very last minute) and fretting all the time while sitting for my O Levels, but after that I kept hearing other workaholics and late-night muggers telling their juniors it was a piece of cake. Yeah, right. >__>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast