+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problems with YouTube!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Problems with YouTube!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Well looks like it's starting... Quite a few analysts were amazed at Google's anouncment of buying up YouTube (the streaming video posting site) for a 1.6 Billion dollar sum and running it as independent entity. But estimates have been published saying that up to 60% of YouTube content involves copyrighted/trademarked material that YouTube does not have the rights too, and represents a serious legal liability... And the legal arguments that YouTube is making, that it only provides the service, and the liability belongs to the Users posting the copyrighted material, is exactly the same arguments that Napster made, and was eventually rejected by the courts... When YouTube was still considered a high risk tech startup and losing money hand over fist, no one bothered suing YouTube as you can't get blood from a stone. But with the deep pockets of Google in the picture... As an example of the upcoming issues, there's this recent webnews article...

YouTube purges 30,000 copyright files - Tech News & Reviews - MSNBC.com:

I wonder how many of these 30,000 files are Anime related?!?! Bandai Visual of Japan has said that they have two persons working full time looking for copyrighted material they own on YouTube, and average over 200 removal request per day. Some Analysts have publicly said that YouTube has less then a year before the lawsuits take it down, as the ability to selectively block copyrighted material is beyond the current technology. So, does YouTube has a valid business model? And if it doesn't, what does that say about video streaming hosting market in general??
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Problems with YouTube!

Thats alot of law suits >_> and 1.6 billion dollars wow I wonder who made YouTube because he just scored a life time pay from it...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Google was just really upset about the fact that YouTube was having more traffic on the site. Well, I'm betting that the traffic will cut down because of this. I know people who just hopped onto YouTube to watch anime without having to download it.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Youtube had a higher traffic than Google? Wow thats interesting I always thought that Yahoo and Google were the top 2.

THE RULES!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Interesting enough, YouTube ranks 3rd in video streaming offerings, as both My Space and Yahoo have a bigger percentage share of video traffic...

MySpace Trouncing YouTube in Web Video Streaming - Yahoo! News:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

So I see Myspace to me now is getting old but Yahoo I love ^_^ is Google 4th?

THE RULES!

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

ha! I bet have that stuff has to do with Anime. I mean cmon.

Maybe a lil internaltion music too~~

Omg google is such a baby.. >.>

Anywho~ Youtube slows down my computer~ :P

I thought Youtube was helping more of the internal people in Adverzing~ :P I guess not.

Japan put there foot down. XD How did I know it be Japan~

EDIT:

Google is just try to make a lil money. I can't believe this. Is it because video.google sucks~?!?
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I might be a bit pessimistic but Google buying Youtube meant the end of Youtube and what it stands for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast