+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it progression if a cannibal uses a fork?

Newbie xbeyondxthexgravex is off to a good start xbeyondxthexgravex's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it progression if a cannibal uses a fork?

well it is the name of a chiodos song but i thought it was a good question, so what do you think?

sig by me

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is it progression if a cannibal uses a fork?

In the sense that they have better manners and aren't eating with their hands anymore then yes. Then again they are eating their own species which is a little weird and could be considered digression. It depends on just how exactly you look at it.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It all depends on how you define 'Progress'. (Though I suppose the sellers of forks and other tableware would consider it progress in opening up new markets...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, today a fork and tomorrow a salad! I think it is. The more cultured a cannibal becomes, the less likely he or she is to start gnawing on the leg of the dinner host.

Banned AngelicDemon201092 is off to a good start AngelicDemon201092's Avatar
    Thanks

lol... well now.. it depends. They are showing that they are more civilized and it takes baby steps I guess but still.. they are eating another person so..... i don't think that it's progress until they don't eat a human.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Hey, today a fork and tomorrow a salad! I think it is. The more cultured a cannibal becomes, the less likely he or she is to start gnawing on the leg of the dinner host.
    but cannibalism is only wrong in our eyes, i doubt the cannibals will feel the same way. and i doubt we are the main source of food, i like to consider myself a delicacy. too much of a good thing is bad, i'm pretty sure they know that much

anyway i do believe that using a fork is progress. proves that they can use a new tool and they where a cannibal in the first place, so its not like they've gone backwards. there is more than one way to move forward. they might become an advance cannibal race, developing farming techniques that would put the slaughter house to shame, like eating all the people who commits crimes, puts a new face on capital punishment i reckon.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

ROFLMFAO! *dies*

ok well i think that if a cannibal uses a fork, it will be a chain reaction. You can call the fork a portal, because to become socially accepted, it all starts with one fork. for example, using a fork would make you seem more polite. but... wouldnt u look rediculous (bad spelling XD) eating a leg with a fork? at least a knife, then comes a napkin. i rele believe that cannibalism started as a way to survive, and in many older culture, has been intertwined into their culture. ok, i did some research and found some nasty stuff about cannibalism...

In March 2001 in Germany, Armin Meiwes posted an Internet ad asking for "a well built 18to 30 year old to be slaughtered and consumed". The ad was answered by Jürgen Armando Brandes. After killing and eating Brandes, Meiwes was convicted of manslaughter and later, murder. The song "Mein Teil" by Rammstein is based on this.

On September 14, a man named Özgür Dengiz was captured in Ankara, the Turkish capital, after killing and eating a man. Dengiz in his initial testimony said he "enjoyed" eating human flesh. He frequently burst into long laughing sessions during the testimony, police officers said. His past record also spoke of what was to come. In 1997, he was jailed for murder of a friend, when he was 17, but he got out of jail on parole after serving only three years . Dengiz said he did not know Cafer Er, his 55 year old victim who worked as a garbage collector. Dengiz shot Er in the head with a firearm, because he felt Er was making the area "too crowded." After cutting slices of flesh from his victim's body, Dengiz distributed the rest to stray dogs on the street, according to his own testimony. He ate some of Er's flesh raw on his way home. Dengiz,who lived with his parents arrived at the family house and placed the remaining parts of Er's body in the fridge without saying a word to his parents. Also in his testimony he said, "I have no regrets, my conscience is free. I constantly thought of killing. I had dreams where I was being sacrificed. I decided to kill, to sacrifice others in place of me."
    taken from Cannibalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mein Teil" by Rammstein... for anyone interested in this, here is the link to the video and lyrics...
    LYRICSS - Rammstein Lyrics and Translations: Reise, Reise | Herzeleid.com | The number one source for Rammstein (including original German and translation)
    VIDEO - YouTube - Rammstein - Mein Teil

yum!

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure that no matter how they eat it, it still tastes like chicken lol.

Do I regress if I eat with my hands? No... Well, at least I hope not. Am I less civilized if I don't point my pinky out when I drink tea?

It's not so much how they do, as the fact that they still do it. The bigger question is, will you comment them on their table manners when their shakin' the salt on you? lol

Good question, like it when it's kept a little lite sometimes. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread