+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: A Question for single people...

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: A Question for single people...

my biggest fear is that we'll get so used to each other, that theres no feeling that you need to impress one another..meaning that we'll never think of each other as being as special as we used to, and we slowly fade into a dying star/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Utena Tenjo For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 22, 2008)

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

yes.. it does take effort to make a relationship a lasting affair. Change is then welcome. Hopefully a change for the better if two people are willing to grow together instead of apart.

Newbie KRaZyAmmo may be famous one day KRaZyAmmo may be famous one day
    Thanks

My fear would have to be the one darkangel1240 said. Now I don't even bother trying someone to start a relationship with.

Newbie IDAITAI is off to a good start IDAITAI's Avatar
    Thanks

i just got out of a 3 year relationship......my biggest fear is
    being with someone that long and them just dumping you
    one day for a total douchebag but whatever i like being single
    its just so much better......you dont have one person trying to
    control you....you can do what ever you want i mean who cares
    about love it'll end up killing you in the end just to many rules that
    you have to follow and everything like that since we broke it up i've
    made a ton of new friends and i love it...................NOW im just
    afraid of falling in love again

Newbie KRaZyAmmo may be famous one day KRaZyAmmo may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IDAITAI
    NOW im just
    afraid of falling in love again
    I'm also afraid of falling in love again, which is sort of why I just stooped looking for someone to start a relationship with.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well im not single but in pas relashionships i guess is being used and the person u think loves you really dosent and im tarrafide of it happing again

and when u break up they be all stalkerish ( yes i have got this prob from my ex i thought we could be firends after a while since he aperntly cheated on me with my so called firend...yeah and now hes beening all stalker like and its really creepy so im not talkin to him again im so lucky he doesnt know were i live )

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not afraid of making total commitment to some one and raveling to them who I am, as I will let them know right off the bat that this is who I am, my thoughts, my dreams, my fears. How ever, I don’t go into great detail as to why that is about me until we know each other better. As for fear of my partners behavior well, my fears are no different then any one else’s, which is abuse, trust issues, and so on. But that’s why I really pay attention to what they say, how they act, and how they answer a question or when they explain and talk about them selves. This way I can discover any issues that may be a problem later on down the road. Many people try to avoid topics of a persons political standing, religious nature, or their past relationships. I how ever believe that these are very important. Not to mention it gives more topics of conversation and a deeper understanding of the other persons views on things which tell a lot about them. For me, talking about past relationships is very important as it allows me to be even more aware of what’s considered acceptable and unacceptable by my other, as well as what kind of reactions to expect if I just so happened to make a mistake. In short, it allows me to make a rough estimation on how the relationship will play out between the two of us. As for political views and religion, well religion regardless which my significant other believes in I have no problem with and political stand point is also no big deal to me, even if the two of us get into a heated debate about these two topics, in the end it will be water under the bridge or off a ducks back or where ever you want to put the water. In short, I don’t make it personal as its only about our view and opinions, as well as it allows us to explain as to why we view these things this way, allowing us to open up and learn about each other and allows us to grow even more.
    This way I can narrow down the chances of those fears happening by finding the right person for me, and I have no problem in answering any question that they have as well, even if it’s the exact same question I asked them. I will put my self out there and open my self up to them, I will not hide anything as trust is very important, and I want them to feel comfortable in trusting me and I want to feel comfortable in trusting them. I love openness, I want our relationship to be able for the two of us to just come out and say what ever it is that we want to say with out beating around the bush or feel like we need to tip toe so we don’t offend each other.

I did all of this with my first girlfriend and we found out a lot about each other very quickly and had no fears about one another what so ever. It was literaly out of some romance novel but played out in real life. Unfortunetly it all blew up do to out side forces after 2 years of passionate loveing and Heavenly relationship that was dame near perfect. Thats all I am going to say about that. The rest of the details of how it all came crashing down only a few people know about. But I hope to some day be able to have a relationship with another just like, or even more Heavenly some day.
    Last edited by Scourge; Aug 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 31, 2008)

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I am not afraid of making total commitment to some one and raveling to them who I am, as I will let them know right off the bat that this is who I am, my thoughts, my dreams, my fears. How ever, I don’t go into great detail as to why that is about me until we know each other better. As for fear of my partners behavior well, my fears are no different then any one else’s, which is abuse, trust issues, and so on. But that’s why I really pay attention to what they say, how they act, and how they answer a question or when they explain and talk about them selves. This way I can discover any issues that may be a problem later on down the road. Many people try to avoid topics of a persons political standing, religious nature, or their past relationships. I how ever believe that these are very important. Not to mention it gives more topics of conversation and a deeper understanding of the other persons views on things which tell a lot about them. For me, talking about past relationships is very important as it allows me to be even more aware of what’s considered acceptable and unacceptable by my other, as well as what kind of reactions to expect if I just so happened to make a mistake. In short, it allows me to make a rough estimation on how the relationship will play out between the two of us. As for political views and religion, well religion regardless which my significant other believes in I have no problem with and political stand point is also no big deal to me, even if the two of us get into a heated debate about these two topics, in the end it will be water under the bridge or off a ducks back or where ever you want to put the water. In short, I don’t make it personal as its only about our view and opinions, as well as it allows us to explain as to why we view these things this way, allowing us to open up and learn about each other and allows us to grow even more.
    This way I can narrow down the chances of those fears happening by finding the right person for me, and I have no problem in answering any question that they have as well, even if it’s the exact same question I asked them. I will put my self out there and open my self up to them, I will not hide anything as trust is very important, and I want them to feel comfortable in trusting me and I want to feel comfortable in trusting them. I love openness, I want our relationship to be able for the two of us to just come out and say what ever it is that we want to say with out beating around the bush or feel like we need to tip toe so we don’t offend each other.

That, basically is what I want to do. Something I should do, something I feel would be a great way to move a relationship. However, one thing stops me. Fear.

It's not that I fear commitment. It's that I fear that they will exploit my weaknesses, they will not be as understanding. They'll laugh at what isn't their idea. I'm not one to fully discuss what goes on inside, I'm not one who will tell what I ACTUALLY feel, what actually is going on. I tend to lie to make things seem fine, due to those fears. The fact they'll laugh, not care. BE the one that is well...the deceiver, the user. Yet enough about that stuff, END OF MY POST!

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aleister Sithis For This Useful Post:

desxms (Aug 31, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6