+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick question about cats.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Quick question about cats.

Yeah I know, out of nowhere but still this is puzzling.

Aren't cats suppose to be great climbers and agile?? I've seen them jump from great height and not get hurt. So does anyone know why they get trapped in trees?? Is that a misconception or something??
    Cuz even though I never seen it in real life, you've see it in commercials, cartoons etc. (like firefighters, Garfield getting himself trapped on purpose)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quick question about cats.

Felines that climb trees usually do if there's some predator waiting for them.... either a hungry beast or just some barking dogs. Cats that stay high up on a tree certainly have an advantage than those on the ground. Call it a primordial instinct to stay on a tree limb. It's scary to climb or jump down when there is something on the ground that made you want to go up a tree and cling for safety.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desxms View Post
    Felines that climb trees usually do if there's some predator waiting for them.... either a hungry beast or just some barking dogs. Cats that stay high up on a tree certainly have an advantage than those on the ground. Call it a primordial instinct to stay on a tree limb. It's scary to climb or jump down when there is something on the ground that made you want to go up a tree and cling for safety.
    So they would stay there even after the pursuer is gone??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends on the cat really. Also, many cats climb trees to get birds and squirrels and the like.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe they just like the view from up there and want to eat birds from nests

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Yeah I know, out of nowhere but still this is puzzling.

Aren't cats suppose to be great climbers and agile?? I've seen them jump from great height and not get hurt. So does anyone know why they get trapped in trees?? Is that a misconception or something??
    Cuz even though I never seen it in real life, you've see it in commercials, cartoons etc. (like firefighters, Garfield getting himself trapped on purpose)
    I think it's because they get confused. They only know how to go up trees head first and jump when they want down because that's the only way they know how to do it, it comes naturally like instinct. If they go too high by mistake the next step is to jump from branch to branch to get down, but if the the branches are seperated by large gaps that option is gone. Cats haven't learned how to adapt and climb, butt first, down trees yet like racoons or bears have.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Thanks

Ah, I see that makes sense. So you are saying felines still dont know how to climb downwards...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Not behind first no and watching them climb down a trunk of a tree face first is hilarious. They dig in their claws, which don't stick to well because they curl the wrong way for the direction, then run as gravity takes over and just try and hit the ground feet first instead of face first. I have seen a few somersault at the bottom when they couldn't run fast enough. If there is anything to jump down on instead they take it every time.

I remember once a small white cat was stuck up a tree because it was to scared to run face first down the trunk. All it's claws were out and it was mewing something awful but I guess I looked like a way out because it jumped onto my shoulders and clawed it's way down my body instead, ouch!

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast