+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Quick question about cats.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quick question about cats.

Well I really believe cats don't get stuck in trees, they have the claws neded to climb em, the agility to jump from branch to branch and if that all doesn't work... they can just jump and they would land on their feet. I think the cats could climb down any time they want (I've seen my cat do so...) it's just that their owners want them to get down and this causes the problem we would call: "My cat got stuck in a tree." When it should actually be: "I want my cat down from the tree, but he doesn't want to come! "

Altohugh I guess there might be special cases where its too high to jump or the tree branches are too entangled or the cat stucks between branches or he is a very fat cat or a very lazy cat or a very stupid cat (my cats were almost like wild cats, you see (too many to look after), so they were very agile, while a cat who has only sat at home all his life could get stuck even on the sofa...)

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

My cat got stuck in the tree only because of a dog and his claws continuously
    always get stuck in something and it is true that the tree he was on didn't have any
    branches near the bottom, but heres another thing for you. My cats jump up from
    the counter to the fridge all the time then watching them try to get down you can
    tell that they are scared because they try to slide down it a little then jump, but
    normally I get them down because when they jump down its hard to miss the sink
    which could have a giant butcher knife in it. Basicly what I'm saying is that its easy
    to get up there but never easy to climb down.

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I know it depends on the cat. I have seen some that can go up and down trees with no problem and some that go up and just can not figure out how to get down. I think some cats figure out how to get down with ease and others just can not get the hang of it.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Ah, I see that makes sense. So you are saying felines still dont know how to climb downwards...
    As far as i know it only a few cats could climb downwards but most cats tend to jump instead because of their natural ability to control falling.

Cats climb trees for many reasons. They are natural predators and excellent hunters so they use high places such as trees as an ambush point. Cats also climb for safety measures and for territorial purposes. With this being said i could say that cats do get stuck in trees if ever there is something that poses a serious threat below. Cats are known for their perfect equilibrium but i've seen cats who fell the wrong way. Some trees are so high that even cats couldn't manage to jump safely from, they tend to stay above because of fear or they experience serious injury from falling because they chose to jump on a height that they could never comprehend.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well yes, everyone has made the points of predators and climbing. and the cats simply like to jump down yes because they can fall well.

but i think dimitri martin put it best when he said "I don't care how cute you are! I don't wanna hear about your fu*king cat anymore!"

but on an interesting note, i remember a cat of mine climbed a tree to catch a chimpmunk and then pounce on it while she jumped down.
    Why hello there!

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a crazy cat one of my 5 cats .... this cat is female so i don't know what she always do ...

my cats when they see water the climb the tree ... and they climb tree when they see a butterfly .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they are naturally afraid of water. I don't know about the butterfly though, I just thought they bat at whatever flies near them.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I think they are naturally afraid of water. I don't know about the butterfly though, I just thought they bat at whatever flies near them.
    i know they afraid from water .... but i don't think one of my cats fear the water because every day i give him a shower .... umm bats i don't think so because the second cat i have (my own cat) i chosed the cat when the cat were little and his eyes closed and he love to sleep and all my family say that every cat like the owner because i love to sleep to .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast