+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick question about dogs.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quick question about dogs.

Since I made a silly thread about cats, might as well be fair and make one for dogs. Read an article on this before, and it was said there's no one answer. Regardless let's do this for fun:

Why do dogs stick their head out the window with tongue down during rides??

I tried it once, and it wasn't even fun. Sand got in my eye, the truck in front kicked up a pebble that hit me in the head, etc.

So why?

I do know that dogs sweat from the nose, so perhaps it is the equivalent of guys lifting up their armpits in front of a fan.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quick question about dogs.

lol legend...anyway.

My friend (a human) sticks his head out the window whenever the person driving will let him. He's a runner and he just loves the feeling of moving that fast.

and dogs are fast..are they O.O? i have a turtle..i wonder if he likes it too....

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    ... I do know that dogs sweat from the nose, so perhaps it is the equivalent of guys lifting up their armpits in front of a fan.
    This is probably as good a guess as any... Dogs don't have sweat glands (which is why the pant and slobber, to keep themselves cool...) For that matter, I don't remember dogs doing this when its cold...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Since I made a silly thread about cats, might as well be fair and make one for dogs. Read an article on this before, and it was said there's no one answer. Regardless let's do this for fun:

Why do dogs stick their head out the window with tongue down during rides??

I tried it once, and it wasn't even fun. Sand got in my eye, the truck in front kicked up a pebble that hit me in the head, etc.

So why?

I do know that dogs sweat from the nose, so perhaps it is the equivalent of guys lifting up their armpits in front of a fan.
    Well having a dog, and one that does this, i can answer this. They like to stick their heads out the window to take in the scents and odors. In the dog world its all about the smells. The reason the tongues are out is from excitement. Now if its hot in the car, i guess it could be a mix of both perspiration and excitement.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

My dog has a bad habit of doing this at the drive through at Mcdonalds. Quite embarrassing...he only does it to eat more. Though it does work out for the better. Sometimes the employees will hook me up with a free pack of chicken nuggets to give to them ^_^
    Course......I always snag a few for myself XD

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

-_-

I'm replying to this thread because I have nothing else to do, lol.

Dogs do what they do because it feels good?
    I mean, why do girls put make up on?

lol, I know that isn't going anywhere but really, was this thread going anywhere? I have no clue why my dog sticks her head out the window when I take her on a joy ride. I don't think it's because she's hot. Maybe they just like the wind in their face, and the force feels good against their skin. Heat may be an issue, but I don't think it's 100% why.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well as I understand it is to cool down (and they do it by sticking their tongue out) and also dogs get sick in cars. You know doctors tell humans to look out the front window to be less sicklish, well dogs stare right out the window. My relatives at least let the dog hang its head out the window, because otherways he was barfing >.< I too open the window when I get sicklish because of the stuffed air, don't we all?
    And also it does seem kinda fun, appart from the sand and pebbles and cars that almost tear your head off, fresh air, you can perfectly see the road, feel the speed on your skin and so on... fun! Reminds me of when we were driving in my dads trailer.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    You know doctors tell humans to look out the front window to be less sicklish, well dogs stare right out the window. My relatives at least let the dog hang its head out the window, because otherways he was barfing >.< I too open the window when I get sicklish because of the stuffed air, don't we all?
    Wtf, doctors tell people to look out the windows so that they don't feel sick?! Since when has this been going on? I was never aware of such a remedy! And my dog loves to take rides in the car. I mean when I leave the house she follows me and jumps in the car, so sickness? I don't think so. Maybe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast