+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quotes

Everyone has heard at least one quote that has stuck with them for an extended period of time, whether the said quote is meaningful, funny, religious, they have - in some way - shaped our lives. Why do you remember certain quotes and not others? Is there a difference between quotes? And what are some of your favorite quotes?

I'll get mine up sometime later today, but first I'm a little curious on what are some of others' favorites.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quotes

Well some quotes I know just because I have to learn them for my English literature exam...
    For example: "Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." from "Twelfth Night" by Shakespear (I sure hope I got it right). Well in the comedy it is just a part of the irony, but it also does make a lot of sence and gives hope, doesn't it? ^^

I'm not very good at remembering quotes so I could only make a list of those which I HAD to learn.

But there are also those which my family made up
    For example: "Living is harmfull... you die from that." and "You must die from something!" Those both mostly are about food etc. that is called "unhealthy". The thing is- all the tasty things are unhealthy it seems!!!! But who gives a damn! You die sooner or later eat it or not
    And another one would be: "Things CAN be perfect, if you don't ask for too much." That was my reply to someone who said "perfection doesn't exist" It's the only one I've made up which could be called a quote, so I'm very proud

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

The greatest quote was from my Mentor Enginer at work who said the best Health and Safety tip is "Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your p***s!" and it's never went wrong!
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

One of my favorite quotes is by Sun Tzu from "The Art of War".

I don't remember how it goes, word for word, but I'll try.

If fighting is sure to result in victory, then one must fight. Even if it's against the will of ones King (lord). But if fighting is sure to result in defeat, then one must retreat--even if your King (lord) commands you to fight.
    It's one of my favorite quotes. Funny thing is that another of my favorites is based from that quote. It's from Team Fortress 2--Meet the Soldier:

If fighting is sure to result in victory, then one must fight. Sun Tzu said that, and I'm pretty sure he knows a bit more about fighting than you, pal. Because, he invented it and perfected it so that no man may beat him in the ring of honor!

Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, herded them on to a boat and BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! And from that day on, whenever a bunch of animals are put together in the same place; it's called a zoo...

Unless it's a farm!!

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite and most important quote in my life has to be

"Without courage, all other virtues loose their meaning."

It is a line that runs like a motto in my life......and I definitely think that it is absolutely true.
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine has to be " fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" its a great quote to live by. It helps you not to repeat your mistakes. At least it helps me.

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

mine is what i lived by of the rest of my live intill i die

"MY LIFE FOR YOURS"
    ,kotor2
    the one and only show that rocks my socks
    the one show that i cant live
    with out.

soul society will live on forever in the minds of its poeple!!!

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine has to be " dont worry! If you worry you die, if dont, you also die so why worry?" by Mike Horn!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast