+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quotes

A few of my faves:

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    And since I doubt many of you know Latin, I'll translate it for you: If you want peace, prepare for war. it's always struck me how to obtain peace, one must fight... A good, modern example of this would be the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ironic how terrible things like that can actually save lives, eh?

Instead of using death to spoil your entire life, why not use it as seasoning to heighten the value of everything? Though both ways can get tedious...
    A paraphrase of one of Friedrich Nietzsche's (I'm pretty sure) Aphorisms, though it could be based on some of his other writings... Friedrich Nietzsche stated the idea. I merely paraphrased it and added my own opinion as the last sentence. I suggest all those depressed because of their nihilism read this and exclude the last sentence.

Sometimes when people go to Vietnam, they go home to their mommas without any legs. Sometimes they don't go home at all. That's a bad thing. That's all I have to say about that. —Forrest Gump.
    To me, and to him, there's really no way of justifying starting a war; no pasus belli. Maybe they've wronged you, but damn, all the suffering... I understand bringing peace through something big like a bombing (see above), but to me, someone else's malevolent deeds don't make any of yours any more heroic.

Without our noticing it this cultural tradition has been lost to us… When we were schoolboys we often heard of an affair in which two students had quarreled on account of a beautiful young boy and had ended by drawing knives... But since the new era of Taisho (1912–1926) we no longer hear of this kind of thing. The shudou which had clung on to life has now reached its end. —Tahuro Inagaki.
    It's an epitome of the loss of wakashudou. Of course I value it. Just goes to show you how traditions and cultural norms can change with "peer pressure" put on by other nations' religious views.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a pretty good one.

"The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution." ~Albus Dumbledore
    People want honesty out of eachother. When you tell someone the truth, they're pleased with you. You tell that very same person the truth sometime later down the road, they want to kick your teeth in. Knowing the truth can bring joy and knowlede to people, but the truth can also hurt.

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." ~Benjamin Franklin
    Well said, Ben! ^_^

Do something! Write something that will inspire people, provoke people to think about new things or to see life from a new perspective. If you can't write something, then create it or find yourself the means to perform an action worthy of being written about. Something that will make history. How great would that be? To die knowing that you did something to make the world remember the name of ___________________?

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a quote my teachers have told me:
    "Take the opportunities you have right now before there out of your reach"

and this one is by my father:
    "Don't be ancious to grow up, you still have a lot of things to do when you're a kid, and your able to do things us grown ups can't do anymore"

And my favorite:
    "Wiseful thinking"

Arigatou Nao chan for the sig^_^
    warning, dangerous diclonious on the lose!

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Favourate Quote would be... "No matter where we are, we will alway be connected." somthing about this just stick in my head.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

"Don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash"

One of my recent favorites. Great line for people who talk the talk but does not end up walking the walk. The message is generally the same, but the way it presents the idea is quite funny to me. So there you go.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

well the most favorite quote of mine is:
    "Even if a rainbow is broken ,there's still the sky"
    i like it because it gives endless hope and that's my first block of my beliefs in life and i have so many others i like that express/show solutions or ideals or ideas about various situations i've been through .. like :
    If you can't bite ,never show your teeth.
    or
    It's good to have luck but it's bad to depend on it.
    Don't break the bridge that you passed on ,maybe you'll pass on it again.
    Don't be dry or you'll be broken and don't be wet or you'll be squeezed.
    Who wants the egg must endure the cackling of hens.
    The candle lights for others and consumes itself.
    If you saw a lion showing its teeth ,don't think it's smiling!
    I like this set of quotes i even put them in my profile page ... they can be very useful and funny ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Ah, I do like my quotes! I've actually collected a pretty good list of them, from a similar topic on another forum. I might share some of them, along with a few of my own & others I've picked up. Hurray for Word documents...

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those that prosper can truly judge what is sane...
    I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision�
    I have bested horrors that chill with a gaze and tempt unreasoning terror�
    What right have you to call me heretic and blasphemer, you who have not heard the whisper of dark gods in your ear?
    These 2 are from a game I enjoy playing. Pretty much self explanatory. First is good for a chuckle, while both could be considered a bit of a defiant thing.

Life's like a boat. It's fun to push people over the edge!
    Kinda made that up myself. I saw a line saying "Life's like a boat", but that's all I saw. I just blurted out the rest, & it kinda stuck.

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
    William Blake

Good, better, best, Never let it rest, Till your good is better, And your better – Best!
    Anon

Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
    John Ruskin

Through our great good fortune, in our youth our hearts were touched with fire.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Not by age but by capacity is wisdom acquired
    Titus Maccius Plautus

Death is certain, it’s hour uncertain
    Count Of Monte Cristo Anime

To stand upon ramparts & die for our principles is heroic, but to sally forth to battle & win for our principles is something more than heroic
    President Franklin D. Roosevelt

Those who win every battle are not really skilful – those who render others’ armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.
    Sun Tzu

Well, I think that might do for now. I'll let a few others slip some in before I throw more your way...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I have two.

"We may never meet agian, but we'll never forget eachother." By Leon in Kingdom Hearts. So true. Why would you want to forget the people who made you who you are even if you are separated?

And my other, my mantra actually, comes from mythbusters.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." by Adam Savage.

Personally, i prefer trying to see things in a different light. if some people see, say, a champagne glass (cliched i know) i see the two faces talking. What i see as a harsh reality, i reject and try to interpret the same situation in my own way.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast