+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Quotes

~Reminder~
    Please may people only a put a few quotes in their posts at a time and explain in more detail why please. People with long lists of quotes almost fall into the category of a list post, which are not allowed on AO. thank you

------------------------------------------------------------

As for a quote I live by "I am what I am, Do not blame me" from a movie I loved watching at Christmas time. I do have my little spin on it - "Don't be ashamed of you are you".

Its mostly because I am punk/emo/goth what ever you want to call me. I am not ashamed of how I dress, I dress this way because it goes with my personality and I love wearing black because it is slimming and goes with any colour. I used to think that being popular at school was all that was needed. That I had to dress like someone else to fit in. It wasn't till I got to sixth form here that I started to not care about how I dressed and being ashamed like rock, Alternative, metal bands. I don't want to hide behind a mask so people will accept me. I wanted to just be me and that is who I am no matter how hard people try to change me with their disgusted looks on the street.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    ~Reminder~
    Please may people only a put a few quotes in their posts at a time and explain in more detail why please. People with long lists of quotes almost fall into the category of a list post, which are not allowed on AO. thank you
    Whoops, sorry. I guess I forgot that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    And my other, my mantra actually, comes from mythbusters.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." by Adam Savage.
    Damn, you beat me to it. I always chuckle when I hear that one. Oh well, I'll just have to dig up some more...

• Know your limits but…. never stop trying to exceed them.
    • Live together in harmony.
    • The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
    • NEVER underestimate the heart of a champion.
    • Chance favours only the prepared mind.
    • Seek out more options.
    • Fortune favours the bold.
    • Concentration is the key to success.
    • Cultivate your curiosity.
    • Be proud of who you see in your reflection.
    • Always offer a helping hand.
    • Be unique.
    These were from a calender we had during 2006. I think most would agree they're pretty good themes to live by.

But if they're not your cup of tea, there's always the wise word my sister brought to my attention, those of Happy Bunny;
    • Hating you makes me all warm inside.
    • Please enjoy a mint. Since your breath smells like butt.
    • Would you like to suck on a mint? Since you suck all the time.
    • I just don’t listen.
    • Revenge is sweet, it tastes like chocolate!
    • It worries me how dumb you are.

And if we're willing to delve into the world of lyrics, I've noticed these meaningful lines hidden in Linkin Park songs, namely In The End;
    I wasted it all on the hands of the clock
    But in the end, no matter what I pretend
    The journey is more important than the end or the start
    And what it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried so hard – Linkin Park, In the End
    That more what were supposed to do in here?

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Banned ABC Crazy Champion flaminghate may be famous one day flaminghate may be famous one day
    Thanks

my fave quote
    would be
    "I pretended not to notice
    And stared far out the small window
    The angel's voice spreading in the sky
    Was embraced by the wind"

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite quote that is seen in the movie Tomb Rader 1, is
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake View Post
    See life in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower
    This I have also heard from another source but I can not think of it but since i heard it it has stuck with me. A good way to put it is, there is more to life than may seem.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Newbie BlackSwordsman1 is off to a good start
    Thanks

These would have to be several of my all time favorite quotes
    1."Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." -- Langston Hughes
    2. "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind." -- M.K. Gandhi
    3."You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain 4. "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." --Martin Luther King, Jr.
    5. "Do not fear mistakes. There are none." -- Miles Davis
    6. "Even though I know it's safe here, without my sword, I cannot sleep."-- Guts(berserk)

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quotes, to me, have always been something humans could look up to as an ideal - or it could be a way to relieve stress with some of the more funny ones.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." - (i don't know who said it first)

This quote is relevant to me on many levels, but the most prominate reason would be because it reflects my life. I also just go with the flow of everything, I take what the world gives me, then i analyze, and react. No need to shun or get all stressful over one certain thing. And, if you make a mistake, you can always try again - unless of course you die.

"Ya... comedy is good... but tragety, now thats comedy" - On how I stay upbeat

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today... if these are my last words, let them be Seize the Day!" - Authority Zero

Very nice words to live by.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    "Don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash"

One of my recent favorites. Great line for people who talk the talk but does not end up walking the walk. The message is generally the same, but the way it presents the idea is quite funny to me. So there you go.
    I've always been quite fond of that saying, myself. ^_^

I can't stand people who tend to say one thing but do the exact opposite, or those who feel it's necessary to spout a bunch of trash-talk, but when push comes to shove, they wanna duck out or get served.

I also like saying in reply to, "You'll pay for this/that," with, "The check's in the mail."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

SweetCandy (Jan 23, 2008)

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I've always been quite fond of that saying, myself. ^_^

I can't stand people who tend to say one thing but do the exact opposite, or those who feel it's necessary to spout a bunch of trash-talk, but when push comes to shove, they wanna duck out or get served.

I also like saying in reply to, "You'll pay for this/that," with, "The check's in the mail."
    LOL I like those sayings to. (by sayings i mean: "Don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash" and, "You'll pay for this/that," with, "The check's in the mail." ). I myself also use the saying " don't cut a big peice if you can't eat it too which i thought of this one my self. Anyways i hate people who talk a big game and can't back up what they say.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast