+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Quotes

I remember something my friend told me back in middle school which I will never forget. I was taking on the schools biggest bully and I was scared but I fought him and beat his ass! After the suspension I finally saw my friends again. I sat down at the lunch table and my friend said to me,"If bravery is stupid, then your a f****n retard!" We laughed for days after that.
    Last edited by Marcel_C; Jan 25, 2008 at 08:48 AM.

What I'm watching Right Now:

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Well, I've got a few more...

Quote Originally Posted by The Australian Oxford Mini Dictionary
    Smite – Literary hit hard; affect suddenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster’s Pocket Dictionary
    Smite – to strike hard; to affect or kill with a sudden blow
    I like that word...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti Proverb
    Do not follow the path. Go where there is no path & begin the trail
    This is something I tend to do. I have been known to blaze my own trail from time to time. Kinda leads into one I've come up with myself, from what I've witnessed in the world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, Daniel219
    Some people are Sheep, others are Shepards.

The Sheep just go with the flow, doing what the crowd does. They rarely think for themselves, always doing what the rest of the flock is doing.

Shepards on the other hand think for themselves. They are the ones who wear something different, make their own decisions, & generally don't wait for the flock to do something before they do. It's the flock who see them doing this stuff & follow along like the sheep they are.

Are you a Sheep or a Shepard? Remember, it won't change anything if you lie about it...
    This is something I've noticed around. I know I'm a Shepard. I'm the guy who sees an opening in the traffic & start crossing, only for the Sheep to follow behind even though the cars coming have to slow down & even stop to avoid hitting them. And that's just one example I could give...

Quote Originally Posted by Anon
    Plunge boldly into the thick of life
    This Anon guy again? Damn he knows everything! Still, it's a good lesson to learn.

I've leave it at that for now. Gotta give everyone else a chance to spit their out...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

My mom's ex-husband always used to say:

"You shouldn't assume things, because it makes an ass out of u and me."

I've always liked that quote for some reason. It holds plenty of truth in it as well. One shouldn't assume they know everything, or assume things about people, because it makes you look like... Well.. An ass! LOL.

Newbie Hazardous is off to a good start Hazardous's Avatar
    Thanks

The quote I always stick with is "A man is not made for defeat...a man can be destroyed but not defeated." - Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea . Ever since I read it, it gave me a total prespective on the way I view and handle things.

I also like this quote from Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade,
    "We are not human disguise as mere dogs, we are wolves disguise as men."

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

can't eat beans or look at beans without this one coming into mind, "beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot" it's asome, my dad used to tell me that when we ate beans >.<

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Three Quotes are coming to mind for me.

You laugh at me for being different. I laugh at you for all being the same

I've always loved this quote because it really coincides with my beliefs. I don't understand why so many people fall for these trends and try so hard to emulate what the media says you should be. Instead of trying so hard to be what other people think you should be, why not be what you think is you should be. Do your own thinking don't let someone else do it.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I love this quote. It always makes me laugh. It helps describe me as well because I know I'm insane. I know it better then anyone. But man does it ever make me happy!

Sometimes it's hard to stay positive . . . but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Man, I love this quote. I really do. I always try to keep from being pessimistic because I mean there's so much crap in the world already. I don't need my whining to add to it. And I do like to aggravate people particularly my friends. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can't cry, then you're not human, because it's clear that you can't feel.
    Not only is it true, it comes pretty handy at times when there's someone clearly vexed who just doesn't have the guts to express his or her emotions whatsoever.

Everyone has only one shot at life. Don't screw mine up, or else...
    It's something I like to say to people who don't like me. And if you're the kind of person —like me— who can screw up your voice to make it sound all malevolent and omnipotent, this is totally fun to use.

I like what I like, so get off my back.
    A saying commonly known among the Boys Love fanbase, rotten women or men. The last part is also fun to say with Satan's voice and a mean glare.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

There's one line that I myself go by:

"Never try to be someone or something you aren't. You only end up forgetting who you really are in the process."
    And then theres this one:

No matter where you go, there you are.
    That quote was made popular by the show "Buckaroo Banzai", but it actually dates back to 1440 AD, and the full quote is

"So, the cross is always ready and waits for you everywhere. You cannot escape it no matter where you run, for wherever you go you are burdened with yourself. Wherever you go, there you are."
    —Thomas a Kempis, Imitation of Christ, ca. A.D. 1440

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast