View Poll Results: do you like owning a pet?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • i take good care of them!

48 70.59%
  • i had one but i got tired of it and gave them away!!

2 2.94%
  • i watch my pet just like i was its mom/dad

15 22.06%
  • i think pets are to troublsome so i dont own one

3 4.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raising a pet

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Raising a pet

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    @.@ ahh same here...i got 4 kittens which don't belong to me..always come for food...damn cute kittens...too hard to resist them, thus...they kept coming for food and crap everywhere -.- sheesh...
    I totally agree and when you try to lessen the amount of food you give them(because you want them to learn to find their own food) they turn you up side down ,i tried many times but every time they ROAR at me looking with their deadly cute eyes suddenly you realize that your legs are moving and leading you inside your house to give them some food ,ahhh ... it can't be helped ,and on top of that they have taken control of the corner of our garden (it's filled with their crap now !!!!)
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Newbie DGoldDragon2k6 may be famous one day DGoldDragon2k6 may be famous one day DGoldDragon2k6's Avatar
    Thanks

I have two indoor cats. One beautiful male, and one lovely but "special" female. I'll be the first to admit that I spoil them rotten, but no one can question that they're both well cared for. You should see the female. She get's confused if you wiggle your toes. It blows her mind. And if you dangle a toy in front of her face and move it too fast she falls over and looks like she's having a seizure. The male was so bad when we first got him, that he was actually scheduled to be put down. He'd been adopted and returned twice already. On the advice of our vet we had to buy a shock collar for him. It seemed to work though. Now he's an angel.
    "Edward: "Loser Machine Junky!"
    Winry: "ALCHEMY FREAK!!"
    - Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell, Fullmetal Alchemist

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think the right way to raise a pet is give it a good amount of playing feed him or her right and teach them good things.

Newbie ryoprinceoftheunderworld is off to a good start ryoprinceoftheunderworld's Avatar
    Thanks

I got two new puppies. We are house breaking them right now. they are learning not to pee and poop in the house now. its only been a week.
    I'm the prince of the Underwold alright.

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

no matter what it is
    my pets are always like my children
    i love them to death till death
    even then i always think of them

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Newbie SeleneGoddess is off to a good start SeleneGoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Having a pet

I have a bunny and two cats, i love them so, but its not the pets fault competly if you dont take care of it.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

I raise my pets (turtles, in particular) by constantly interacting with them every single day. The first three weeks are vital and most important to the growing relationship of pet and owner. This is the time where you earn and solidify their trust.

My pets are very familiar with my features and know the sound of my voice for this reason. I have also trained them to eat from, climb up, stay, and behave on my hand simply by this kind of mutual bond.

The one thing I find most problematic with pet-owners is neglect. The excitement and attention is almost always initially for the first few days only. After that its all: "I'll get on with my life, thank you." I find this to be so unfortunate for such deserving pets.

That is why I am always up-to-date with their daily condition and activities. One slight difference or one wrong thing, and I'll be sure to notice. I also play with them with my spare time. Because of this, they respond very well and are not afraid of people. My friends, relatives or guests are quite impressed by their friendly demeanor.

Exposure to different things also keeps them smart, and happy. Sliders are generally bright. I would bring mine outside from time to time since turtles are very curious creatures and would enjoy the sights, sounds, and sceneries.

(For the record, my five-year-old even went as far as pushing the rock in his aquarium to the side, by himself, in order to get out. He also recognizes the distinctive footsteps of family members. So he would jump up and react excitedly when I go down the stairs or come home from school.)

Generally speaking, attention and interaction is key to taking care of any kind of pet. ^^

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a cat hamster and mouse.
    I have the cat since I was 4 so me and her r very close. She is my baby. So I think of her as my baby.

My hamster I have for a couple months and I think of him as my baby too. He just too cute and adoriable.

Then thees the mouse. He is uhhh hmm missing in action I should say.lol.

He kinda got loose from his cage.
    And is somewhere in the house.lo.XD Not my fault we caught him then he got back out. So yea.lol.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast