+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ramen!!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ramen!!

I don't mind it at all. I only tried it for the first time last week with a chicken and veggie stir fry in a soup thing. Very nice.

Though it was ramen, it wasn't the instant one with the flavour packet in it, it was dried and probably more expensive (It's the only type/brand I can find around here -_-; ). I'm a huge fan of Asian food so this was another one to add to the list ^^

Newbie SlrMnLvr89 is off to a good start
    Thanks

sifubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbusssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssshfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by SlrMnLvr89; Mar 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM.

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

I love ramen to I uasually eat this if my mom makes something nasty for diner or just for lunch. My fav. flavor is the shrimp I also like the spicy shrimp kind hate the lime kind. I also like beef but I hate the chicken flavor. I like the kind that comes in the cups over the kind that come in the bag.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Oh and Nissin instant noodles are made in Hong Kong for anyone who's interested.
    If you want to stay Japanophile, stick with the (vastly superior) soba noodles.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

to be honest, i'm not sure if i have ever tried ramen. i mean i've gone to some Korean, Vietnamese, and Japanese restaurants and tried there noodle dishes since i've been having a craze for anything pasta or noodle related, but since its all in their own language, i got no idea what it is . but what i've had seems pretty much the same, and well nothing special. pretty much just a mixed soup with noodles and a bit of egg here and there and sometimes with dumplings or something else.

but i have to admit there was some Japanese cold folded omelet thing that tasted great. can't remember what it was called, but it had a real nice sorta tangy taste to it. new for me since i've always had my omelets warm.

BTW just a question but does anyone know which country did the teriyaki flavour come from? i see in nearly every asian shop. just out of curiosity.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude101 View Post
    BTW just a question but does anyone know which country did the teriyaki flavour come from? i see in nearly every asian shop. just out of curiosity.
    Teriyaki is Japanese...

but 99.9% of the restarants serving it are Chinese... and it isn't prepared in the same way actual teriyaki is. The popular "American" teriyaki tends to be stewed in bulk (buffet style) or pan fried in oil, while the real deal is more akin to rottiserre (ie. slow-broiled) or grilled. The sauce (tare) is also different. Teriyaki chicken is actually pretty obscure in Japan... I've never been served it at a home or seen it on a menu in a restaurant (unless you count Teriyaki burgers). Teriyaki chicken pretty much lives in the pre-made ready-to-eat grocery store meats aisle, in the form of gigantic chicken legs that are obscenely delicious, but don't really go with anything else. Though same sauce and cooking style is used for yakitori... which is obscenely common.

On that note: did you know that over 3/4s of the Japanese restaurants in the US are owned by Chinese-Americans? That 90% of the Japanese restaurants in France are Chinese-owned? Not to say the food isn't authentic but... alright, no way around it, it usually isn't anywhere near authentic.

Sort of like ordering Mexican food in Japan... yeah, you can still get a taco... an enchilada if you're really lucky, but it's just not... right.

Around here "American pizza" has corn, mayonaisse and hot-dogs on it ~_~;

For more on the real thing, and what you're eating:
    Teriyaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by tsurara; Feb 25, 2008 at 03:12 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tsurara For This Useful Post:

dude101 (Feb 25, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    On that note: did you know that over half of the Japanese restaurants in the US are owned by Chinese-Americans? Not to say the food isn't authentic but... alright, no way around it, it usually isn't anywhere near authentic.

Sort of like ordering Mexican food in Japan... yeah, you can still get a taco... an enchilada if you're really lucky, but it's just not... right.
    [/url]
    And what's more is that most of the cooks are Mexicans. Actually that goes for most of the restaurants in the United States. Honestly I rather it be like that instead of having Japanese chefs. Having so call authentic food (which I won't even know since I've never been to Japan) will only give the owners an excuse to charge me more money...

But for Ramen and/or Instant noodles in general I love it. I like how the Ramen served in some restaurants are thicker than the ones that you can buy in bulk, and yeah I am not talking about UDON. Love the many ways you can make it, with spam, fish cakes, all the works.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3