+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RANT: Read Some Comics, You Japanophiles!

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: RANT: Read Some Comics, You Japanophiles!

Noticed someone mentioned Freakazoid earlier. Damn that was a silly/funny series...

*starts running around arms streched forwards making constant whooshing noises...*

Now where was I, oh yes...

So they say all thing American & cartoon based is cr@p eh? OK, then ask them what's the song Homer Simpson thought up for Mr Plow, or what the Family Guy's baby is named & what he constantly does, or where the Evil Monkey lives, heck for that matter, just say to them "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" & see how they react. I'd bet they could tell you in a heart beat the answers to all of those & more. And yet those didn't come out of Japan, did they...

Actually, go & do it, then tell us what happens. I would love to find out if they expose any little hypocrisies with their replies...

Oh, & while I remember,
    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Oh, and Hassun: you know that to most teenagers, anyone over the age of 18 is "old" and that differentiation beyond "old" is pointless :P
    I've mentioned my age a few times to teens, just to get that reply. I just tell them this, they still gotta get to my age, which they usually agree with. There's a reason we celebrate birthdays at my place. It's because it means we've survived another year. They've still yet to get as far as I have...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll admit I used to be a bit like that. During the days when I was still addicted to DBZ and Inuyasha and was just beginning to become a serious anime fan. Everything that wasn't some sort of creation from Japan was somehow inferior and I still believe that most anime is a lot better than the programs showing now on television particularly reality shows (chill of disgust goes down spine).

But that doesn't mean there isn't some worthwhile television programs (Mythbusters, Heroes, Supernanny, Wifeswap). As for comics, it's actually kind of hard for me to find those now. My town used to have a comic store but it burned down years ago. But my experience with American comics is limited so I can't really give an honest opinion.

It still bothers me, too, when people call anime cartoons. I know that anime is technically cartoons but when I hear them called that I feel that anime is being put on the same level as The Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy or something along those lines and that's just wrong to me.

But it seems to me that this sort of attitude comes primarily from new or young fans and over time just fades away. Keyword though is usually.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Mar 14, 2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

This is actually a useful rant. I'm guessing there are a few Japan-elitists in this community, and this might knock some perspective into them.

Ah, so you took a jab from ignorance. Heh, don't worry, I've felt the same thing too. Blew up and called them blasphemers for downcalling Wonder Woman, Batman, Scooby-Doo, and Steamboat Willie. Didn't bother mentioning Freakazoid, though. They seemed like the folk who wouldn't know who the lovable guy was.

To me, the best way of curing bigotry like this is with Bugs Bunny. He's one of the icons of American animation, isn't he?
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4