+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 89 to 96 of 113

Thread: Rapists

  1. #89
    Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a Demon's Arms
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    No I would say it is possible because of love. I mean in the case if there is blackmail, when a guy wakes up beside a woman and she says something happenned and like that. Though of course it could be also because of money or yes, lust, but it is possible that a woman sees no other way. Maybe she does that to get a kid from the man and then blackmail. Everything is possible in this mad world and my immagination is too good... I could write a novel all over this forum
    But, yah if it's simply the case where there is rape full stop, then it is not possible that it could be because of love, a man would repect his lover's feelings.

    Oh and I said "some guys"... some could indeed like it. Of course untill the blackmail part... CSI and everything like that is far too expensive. Rather take my original advice and stay away from parties!

    My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

  2. #90
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    Muahaha.. parties... I never been to one.. no wonder im still a virgin.. Maybe i should go there and become a "helpless: victim of a woman or few... Jk

    Hmm... anytime and anywhere...rape can occur... i don't think by avoiding parties and bars or pub can help.. but hey.. the percentage is lower for it is the main place or target where rapist roam for their potential victims...

    Carry weapons... small size... pepper spray? Hmm.. a dagger? My mum use one... quite a scary one too.. its the one that can make a big cut >.< sheesh there's a whole wide ray of small weapon arsenal.. be sure to at least have one ^^ i don't reckon small blunt objects... some girls may not have enough power to knock out a guy easily.. Electric shocker is a very good and effective weapon in this case... im looking forward on the invention of "shocker bra and undies" ^^

    Martial arts... This is a good one too like weapons... would be higher chance than having weapons because if you can handle your weapons better.. it'll be more effective and.. martial art can just teach you how to ^^

    Dangerous places... Some places as mentioned Pubs and parties are dangerous... but always remember... it can happen anywhere and anyplace... First of all... if an officer of any goverment body comes to you.. never let them near unless you are very sure they are of the government body and not some punks in disguise... Parking lots are dangerous where it is always quiet and you are very exposed to danger... Alleys... If i am a girl.. i would be dumb to walk around there alone... and many other places.. look at your surrounding and access if they are safe or not..

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

  3. #91
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    No I would say it is possible because of love. I mean in the case if there is blackmail, when a guy wakes up beside a woman and she says something happenned and like that. Though of course it could be also because of money or yes, lust, but it is possible that a woman sees no other way. Maybe she does that to get a kid from the man and then blackmail. Everything is possible in this mad world and my immagination is too good... I could write a novel all over this forum
    But, yah if it's simply the case where there is rape full stop, then it is not possible that it could be because of love, a man would repect his lover's feelings.

    Oh and I said "some guys"... some could indeed like it. Of course untill the blackmail part... CSI and everything like that is far too expensive. Rather take my original advice and stay away from parties!
    Nope, that's obsession, not love. When your parents, siblings, friends, or other loved ones tell you that they love you, they don't resort to threats, blackmail, violence, or other coercive means just to keep you close. Neither do they stalk you, or hire PIs to do the job for them. That makes them "crazy for you," but not as Madonna meant it.

    Although I must agree with you when you said that love involves a mutual respect between lover and beloved. (Say, just curious, but has there been a debate thread on "love"?)

    As for having your case investigated? Sure, it could be time-consuming, but expensive? It is to the forensics lab looking into the case, but not to you. As a law-abiding citizen of your respective country, aren't you entitled to justice?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  4. #92
    Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a Demon's Arms
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    Nope, that's obsession, not love. When your parents, siblings, friends, or other loved ones tell you that they love you, they don't resort to threats, blackmail, violence, or other coercive means just to keep you close. Neither do they stalk you, or hire PIs to do the job for them. That makes them "crazy for you," but not as Madonna meant it.

    Although I must agree with you when you said that love involves a mutual respect between lover and beloved. (Say, just curious, but has there been a debate thread on "love"?)

    As for having your case investigated? Sure, it could be time-consuming, but expensive? It is to the forensics lab looking into the case, but not to you. As a law-abiding citizen of your respective country, aren't you entitled to justice?
    Why would you say obsession can not be connected to love? It is in the greatest way connected to love. You can't be obsessed with eating chocolate if you don't like that chocolate, now can you?
    There are different people and they show their love differently, some might decide to move over the half the world or change their religion, but some show their love by strungling their partner (and they both love it), in Russian they have a saying: "Who doesn't hit you, doesn't love you." And indeed my ex thought it normal that he hit me (well obviously, he should have found a girl from russia than) and parents also hit their children. Also, parents don't have sex with their children (in normal cases) to show their love, and we all know sex is an important thing in a wife-husband relationship (I actually say that parent to children love is much more different than husband to life love, I could never say that I love my boyfriend more than my parents- it's just not true, I love my bf differently)
    Some women or men might indeed go as far as blackmail and so on.
    I won't say simply raping the girl is love, that indeed seems more like lust, but if it's like in the example which Ray mentions, when you wake up beside her and she says: "You will be with me or I will say you raped me." or when the woman tries to get a children to stay with the guy, it might jut be because of love (though it could as well be because he/she wants your money etc.). Even I might go that far if I was very desperate and I know cases when the girl has tried to get to the guy by arousing him etc. I mean it could indeed work! He could apriciate the sex with you even if it's unwanted at first.

    And there was a period with a lot of love threads, so the moderators merged them all together and created "The official AO love thread." So that's the debate about love thread and I don't think we need another.

    And justice is not always as fair as it might seem. Plus, in Latvia CSI stuff is very young, they use it only in very serious cases like murder, no rape cases, you won't even get a DNA test. You can get the CSI stuff if you are willing to pay for it only so yah... expensive it is. Might be different in US, but not in most of Europe and lets not even talk about Asia or Africa or South America...
    Last edited by Lasura; May 31, 2008 at 05:41 AM.

    My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

  5. #93
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Why would you say obsession can not be connected to love? It is in the greatest way connected to love. You can't be obsessed with eating chocolate if you don't like that chocolate, now can you?
    There are different people and they show their love differently, some might decide to move over the half the world or change their religion, but some show their love by strungling their partner (and they both love it), in Russian they have a saying: "Who doesn't hit you, doesn't love you." And indeed my ex thought it normal that he hit me (well obviously, he should have found a girl from russia than) and parents also hit their children. Also, parents don't have sex with their children (in normal cases) to show their love, and we all know sex is an important thing in a wife-husband relationship (I actually say that parent to children love is much more different than husband to life love, I could never say that I love my boyfriend more than my parents- it's just not true, I love my bf differently)
    Some women or men might indeed go as far as blackmail and so on.
    I won't say simply raping the girl is love, that indeed seems more like lust, but if it's like in the example which Ray mentions, when you wake up beside her and she says: "You will be with me or I will say you raped me." or when the woman tries to get a children to stay with the guy, it might jut be because of love (though it could as well be because he/she wants your money etc.). Even I might go that far if I was very desperate and I know cases when the girl has tried to get to the guy by arousing him etc. I mean it could indeed work! He could apriciate the sex with you even if it's unwanted at first.

    And there was a period with a lot of love threads, so the moderators merged them all together and created "The official AO love thread." So that's the debate about love thread and I don't think we need another.

    And justice is not always as fair as it might seem. Plus, in Latvia CSI stuff is very young, they use it only in very serious cases like murder, no rape cases, you won't even get a DNA test. You can get the CSI stuff if you are willing to pay for it only so yah... expensive it is. Might be different in US, but not in most of Europe and lets not even talk about Asia or Africa or South America...
    Whoa, that's a lot for anyone to respond to in just one post (you go, girl! ). Granted, justice demands some payment in some parts, so let's not go there anymore. But since we've broached upon the related subject of obsession (yes, people rape out of obsession too, besides insanity and a desire to dominate), perhaps you could teach me something I wasn't aware of before. So let's put love aside, since as you say it's already discussed elsewhere here, and focus on "obsession."

    So, as a friend to a friend, could you answer me these before we go on:

    What is obsession?

    And is all obsession love?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  6. #94
    Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a Demon's Arms
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    To me obsession is like adiction, when you can not stop thinking about an object or a person, when you need to have it/him/her and my dictionary kinda agrees with it saying: "obsession- preoccupation an idea or feeling completely preocupies the mind"
    And I never said all obsession is love, it's just that obsession can be because of love. Some people WILL do anything they can to get the love of the person they love and I wouldn't dare saying it couldn't be because he/she loves her/him. It's a crazy and inconsiderate thing to do, but some people might not see where it is wrong. And some people can't love in any other way. The fact that I, and probably you too, understand that if you love someone you will respect their wishes and will let him/her go if he thinks he/she can't be happy with you, this fact doesn't mean that all who don't understand it, can't love.

    And I try my best, I try my best But I doubt I make much sence in my long "stream[s] of thought". It's nice to finally have a real conversation with someone though.

    My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

  7. #95
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    To me obsession is like adiction, when you can not stop thinking about an object or a person, when you need to have it/him/her and my dictionary kinda agrees with it saying: "obsession- preoccupation an idea or feeling completely preocupies the mind"
    And I never said all obsession is love, it's just that obsession can be because of love. Some people WILL do anything they can to get the love of the person they love and I wouldn't dare saying it couldn't be because he/she loves her/him. It's a crazy and inconsiderate thing to do, but some people might not see where it is wrong. And some people can't love in any other way. The fact that I, and probably you too, understand that if you love someone you will respect their wishes and will let him/her go if he thinks he/she can't be happy with you, this fact doesn't mean that all who don't understand it, can't love.

    And I try my best, I try my best But I doubt I make much sence in my long "stream[s] of thought". It's nice to finally have a real conversation with someone though.
    The feeling's mutual. It's nice to talk about things other than movies or the events of the day every so often.

    Anyways, back to our obsession with "obsession". So obsession isn't necessarily love. But though it might be related to love, it can't be linked to solely the emotion of love. For instance, if I obsess over wasabi, could it be that I don't "love" wasabi in the same sense I love my loved ones, but because of my appetite and my personal preference?

    Or take this example: you could be thinking of an enemy for hours, days, even weeks, months, years -- such prolonged resentment over someone we detest, we call "grudges". The fact that the thoughts and sentiments are hateful to begin with rules out the possibility of love. Wouldn't you agree that such an obsession has nothing to do with love at all?

    And yet another: people with obsessive-compulsive disorders. And mind you, these obsessive disorders (or disordered obsessions) aren't caused by love, or even like, for that matter.

    So don't you suppose that obsession could be related not just to "that lovin' feeling", but to a multitude of other feelings or states too?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  8. #96
    Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a Demon's Arms
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Rapists

    Well it might be true, but isn't love just a "mulitude" of many feelings? How one sees love is different for every person. To some it might not even seem love when, to that person it is the love of their life.
    My parents would think I'm just crazy to like a man who I have never seen in my life, they would call it a "crush", but I know I've never felt anything stronger in my life, I know I've never felt nicer with a man, I know we can be together forever
    I or you might say that if you went for blackmail to get a man's attention, it is not love, it's just obsession or lust or something, but maybe to that person, it was the strongest feeling he/she had ever felt, and he/she saw rape and blackmail as the only way out... How can we say "you never loved"? Of course the person might have done a very wicked thing, which we wouldn't do to our loved ones, but it was love, it was showing love, it was waiting for love to him/her.

    Example from real life:
    My ex had left me, the next day he came to talk to me by my window and he said he wants me back and that he simply was trying to show how much he means to me by leaving me (because I kept telling him to stop drinking and it made him mad ). I said that he won't be playing such games with me. Then he got into my room through my window (I was freaked out), hugged me tight and sat down with me in his lap. My I might say he was trying to rape me! It was against my will and I didn't like him doing that even the slightest bit. But to him, at that point, such rather violent action seemed like the only way to show his love, by holding me tight and making me feel safe and loved with him. It didn't work of course, but I know he loved me. It's just I didn't love him anymore and couldn't see his actions as love at that point.
    Last edited by Lasura; May 31, 2008 at 09:40 AM.

    My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do women make men Rapists?
    By Mr. K in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2007, 07:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts