+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Real or Still Dreaming

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Real or Still Dreaming

I've had my parents call me to get up a few times, and I fall back asleep but dream that I wake up....and then when they call me again I get angry because I think I'm awake (so I dream that I'm yelling at them I'm awake)....and of course I finally wake up, realizing I was still dreaming.

One thing that happens quite often is that I'll forcibly wake myself up which feels absolutely disgusting, like I'm ripping myself out of the ground or something. I forget what it's called, but there's a drug the brain releases during sleep which stops the body from moving around (when the drug isn't released, you can sleepwalk). Anyhoo, you can sometimes wake up with this effect still on, before the body has actually woken up, so you're still in a dream like phase, but you know you're awake, but you can't move.

Anyhoo....I have it happen where I'm in that phase where my body has turned off and is preparing to go back to deep sleep (it feels like I'm drowning) and I can't move, but I know I need to get up so I have to forcibly move myself...which is almost impossible. Pretty much I try and 'think' of moving my fingers to wake me up, and then my brain clicks in and it feels like I'm ripping myself from out of the ground with all this weight on me.

It might be the same thing as Ky-Lyrra, because I've had it (just the other day actually) where that was happening, and I hear a voice say "Mike, you have to get up," which I think is real and I try my hardest to rip myself from sleep. It's a weird feeling though because you are literally in between being awake and dreaming, so it feels like the dreams are real.....but no one was there saying my name. It's not lucid dreaming, where you know you're dreaming and able to control dreams, etc. This is being semi-conscious while in a dream like state. It's a bit hard to explain.....but the feeling is so disgusting.....

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks

dreams are hilarious. you can be doing one thing perfectly normal but then without even realising it you'd be doing a completely different task and the transition would be seamless.

i guess my most realistic dreams is when i dream that i'm at school and all this crazy crap happens. and then when i wake up it feels like i've spent an entire day at school and all i want to do is sleep some more.

times ohshc watched: 2 and 5/26

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

I have experienced this kind of things before.It takes me a while to distinguish the reality from the dream.Of course while the dream was still occuring,I still believe that it was really happening so I let it continue until I somehow wake up and realise that I was just dreaming.

Newbie Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen's Avatar
    In the cold dark wasteland of eternity...
    Thanks

Quite often I have such dreams... They seem so real that when one wakes up, one does not know the difference between what is "fake" and what is reality. This is where false memories come into play. Alot of the time, in the future, One finds themselves going through the exact same scenario but are confused as to why everything is so familiar.

This is your brain trying to tell you omething about the specific time. It could Either be a warning, Telling you that its something predicted in your future, apart of your destiny or tied to your past.

Now, if your having a crazy dream that could not possibly be real but by the end of and it seemed very real, Remember that dreams are not always straight forward. No, you're not going to sprout wings, or grow ears or be a great magician... But there are meanings behind everything that you dream. sometimes it is pretty blunt but sometimes it has to do with a bit of guessing. After all, dreams exist when the mind has nothing else to think about. Look here, now i just realized i've been rambling on.. so i'll cut this off here.

<<Yearning...to walk with the living... and out of the cold dark wasteland of eternity...>>

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I've had my parents call me to get up a few times, and I fall back asleep but dream that I wake up....and then when they call me again I get angry because I think I'm awake (so I dream that I'm yelling at them I'm awake)....and of course I finally wake up, realizing I was still dreaming.

One thing that happens quite often is that I'll forcibly wake myself up which feels absolutely disgusting, like I'm ripping myself out of the ground or something. I forget what it's called, but there's a drug the brain releases during sleep which stops the body from moving around (when the drug isn't released, you can sleepwalk). Anyhoo, you can sometimes wake up with this effect still on, before the body has actually woken up, so you're still in a dream like phase, but you know you're awake, but you can't move.

Anyhoo....I have it happen where I'm in that phase where my body has turned off and is preparing to go back to deep sleep (it feels like I'm drowning) and I can't move, but I know I need to get up so I have to forcibly move myself...which is almost impossible. Pretty much I try and 'think' of moving my fingers to wake me up, and then my brain clicks in and it feels like I'm ripping myself from out of the ground with all this weight on me.

It might be the same thing as Ky-Lyrra, because I've had it (just the other day actually) where that was happening, and I hear a voice say "Mike, you have to get up," which I think is real and I try my hardest to rip myself from sleep. It's a weird feeling though because you are literally in between being awake and dreaming, so it feels like the dreams are real.....but no one was there saying my name. It's not lucid dreaming, where you know you're dreaming and able to control dreams, etc. This is being semi-conscious while in a dream like state. It's a bit hard to explain.....but the feeling is so disgusting.....
    I know what you are talking about sometimes it scares me when I was falling out of my dreams. Sometimes when I hear someone calling me out of my dreams I try my hardest to stay in them because something is happening that I want to see ended. I try and control my dreams sometimes but it doesn't really work that well.

Quote Originally Posted by roly_poly View Post
    dreams are hilarious. you can be doing one thing perfectly normal but then without even realising it you'd be doing a completely different task and the transition would be seamless.

i guess my most realistic dreams is when i dream that i'm at school and all this crazy crap happens. and then when i wake up it feels like i've spent an entire day at school and all i want to do is sleep some more.
    With the wanting to sleep more though it's sometimes that you have slept to long and for some reason it makes you tired. I think I heard that from my doctors because I used to sleep all the time and get up and be tired. The dream about school I have had to and it was weird because some of the things that happened in my dream happened the next day. That made me think I was dreaming again when I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyXie View Post
    I have experienced this kind of things before.It takes me a while to distinguish the reality from the dream.Of course while the dream was still occuring,I still believe that it was really happening so I let it continue until I somehow wake up and realise that I was just dreaming.
    I have had these feeling but sometimes I do wake up and want to go back to that dream so I try to hang onto the last thing that happened because they say you normally forget your dreams unless it was something important. After you wake up though the point of the dream has left when you fall back to sleep the whole scheme has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I've had dreams like this but mine were horror dreams so I thought something would come out and kill me. Its a weird feeling but I like it sometimes.

When I have nightmares like this it feels even more real then when I just hav normal dreams. That is though when I normally hear someone calling me out of my dreams or feel myself being pulled out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampir3Omen View Post
    Quite often I have such dreams... They seem so real that when one wakes up, one does not know the difference between what is "fake" and what is reality. This is where false memories come into play. Alot of the time, in the future, One finds themselves going through the exact same scenario but are confused as to why everything is so familiar.

This is your brain trying to tell you omething about the specific time. It could Either be a warning, Telling you that its something predicted in your future, apart of your destiny or tied to your past.

Now, if your having a crazy dream that could not possibly be real but by the end of and it seemed very real, Remember that dreams are not always straight forward. No, you're not going to sprout wings, or grow ears or be a great magician... But there are meanings behind everything that you dream. sometimes it is pretty blunt but sometimes it has to do with a bit of guessing. After all, dreams exist when the mind has nothing else to think about. Look here, now i just realized i've been rambling on.. so i'll cut this off here.
    This is true that sometimes your dreams do predict your future or let you know about something in specific about your past that you need to remember. It's like being in a hypnotic state of mine when you sleep. You remember things better when your sleeping you recall things better to.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Banned Koumeki Kai is off to a good start
    Thanks

There was a dream I once had where a giant meteor threatened to destroy the world. So my troupe of fellow Ouendan members joined together to the hot beats of Ready Steady Go by L'Arc en Ciel and we cheered our hearts out together. Bringing all the people from around the world together as we combined our energies into one blast and obliterated the threat.

When I awoke, I was standing beside my bed, still cheering as the beats ran through my head. I still can't believe it was all a dream.
    Last edited by Sinistra; Jan 19, 2007 at 02:04 PM.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I have dreams like that...
    It feels so physically strange in my dream that when I wake up it feels like I was moving in my sleep...
    I always have a dream that I am waking up in the morning, and getting in the shower and all that...But I'm really just dreaming it! So when I actually wake up I think I'm still asleep for a few minutes...
    LOL
    Good thing I set my alarm 10 minutes before I have to actually get up. ^_^

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i had this happen a lot and found out people say this is called
    sleep paralysis lol i once thought it was me being dead because i couldnt move but i heard everything and whats worse is I'm on my stomach and my face is on the pillow which scares me sometimes.

and i was told once if you dream that your falling you will die
    if you hit the bottom before you wake up of course i always
    wake up so i don't know if its true or not , there's just a lot of different
    ways to dream and there also a lot we don't know about our dreams
    that are connectd to the brain some how.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast