+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reason for living

Newbie jamaicajones12 is off to a good start jamaicajones12's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Reason for living

I've been thinking for awhile now, what is our as in humans, reason to live i've been thinking about it for awhile and never decided to really talk about to any one. I'm not trying to kill myself or anything like that just wondering.
    LIVE A LITTLE, BECAUSE LIFE CAN BE SHORT

*bows..........turns around, and walks away#

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reason for living

In my personal opinion (And this is where I get called a Nihilist) I view that we have NO reason to live, litteraly to me, our lives are meaningless and have no real meaning. I find our existence pointless, and annoying. But what can I do? I have to accept it and deal with it. That's just me though, don't know about the rest. My two cents are in now.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Newbie kira85 is off to a good start kira85's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    In my personal opinion (And this is where I get called a Nihilist) I view that we have NO reason to live, litteraly to me, our lives are meaningless and have no real meaning. I find our existence pointless, and annoying. But what can I do? I have to accept it and deal with it. That's just me though, don't know about the rest. My two cents are in now.
    I totally get what you're saying. I mean whats the deal we work,make money that goes from one pocket to another and then reproduce kids that will do the same thing. Its so wierd if you actually think about it. Life is like one big game only theres no continues when you die. Depending on your situation the game can really suck, personally i'm trying to figuire out how to collect more gold coins.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kira85 View Post
    I totally get what you're saying. I mean whats the deal we work,make money that goes from one pocket to another and then reproduce kids that will do the same thing. Its so wierd if you actually think about it. Life is like one big game only theres no continues when you die. Depending on your situation the game can really suck, personally i'm trying to figuire out how to collect more gold coins.
    Glad you can see it that way, and how you described it is how I vaugly see it as well. As for getting more coins, there are MANY ways, knock someone out, sell "Things" (couhgcoughdrugscoughcough). It's easy lol.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we each have to find our own reason to live, if we already had a purpose since we were born, things wouldn't be as fun. ^_^ I mean it's something each of us has to find and learn for our own.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a debate topic... Moving to the Cyberlounge...

As for myself, I'm always curious about what will happen next, so I prefer to stick around...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to live as long as my body, heart and soul allows me to...
    My life just barely began since I am only eighteen and I always look for the future...
    yes..my life has it ups and downs..who hasn't...but that does not mean I am going to give up on it entirely....no way Jose.....
    I have a list of things that I want to do before I die.and who knows what lays ahead for me in the future....
    I enjoy living and I have a very huge tactic for survival...i will do anything to survive and live as long as I can..and I mean anything......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

There’s two ways to look at this, the purpose for living as an individual and the purpose for living on a worldwide scale.

Individually, you have to discover for yourself why you were put on this planet. It may take years or your whole life to discover this reason or reasons.

On a worldwide scale, humans have a similar duty to animals in my opinion. To mature, find a mate, reproduce, and keep the human race continuing on. Of course, there are those lucky individuals who are able to affect the human race as a whole. That is the only exception in this regard that I can think of.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast