+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Recent injuries?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Recent injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru View Post
    I played tennis in Soft shoes knowing that was a No No, ended up twisting my ankle. But being tough, I played through it and ended up twisting the same ankle a second time in the same match and had to sit for 2weeks. ^_^. Lesson: Don't wear Jogging Shoes to play tennis.

~piga
    Ouch! That does suck.

You know, people underestimate the pain of a twisted ankle. It may not be horrible and brutal like a break, but dang it it hurts. >.< That sucks you had to sit out!!

I was sparring over the weekend with my buddy, and we usually take it easy so as to not cause any major injuries. Unfortunately we both got a bit carried away, and well... he ended up with a pretty big shiner, and I have a messed up nose. It's not broken, but it's like a big scratch on the inside! I have no idea on that happened... ?_?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Although not too recent (about 3 or 4 years ago), I still feel the pain every so often. I broke a couple ribs one day while riding a bike.

I was mindin' my own buisiness, riding a bike I borrowed from a friend and heading home from applying for a job. I get in to the Theodore Wirth Parkway area (we've got a series of parkways here in Minneapolis called the 'Grand Rounds' that are all connected and loop around the city and the lakes. Wirth is one of them) and I go up the little ramp on the corner of the sidewalk/bike trail. I was goin' kinda fast. If I had to guess at the time, I'd say about 30 MPH. I was tryin' to get home quickly. Anyway, when I hit the ramp, the whole front end of the bike came off and I quickly ate asphalt. In the process, my rib cage collided with the bike on the way down--breaking my ribs instantly.

Worst pain I ever felt in my life! Lucky for me, someone stopped quickly and helped me out. I'd have to stop too if I seen someone suddenly flip over his/her bike, rolled seven feet and slid another two, LOL.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Although not too recent (about 3 or 4 years ago), I still feel the pain every so often. I broke a couple ribs one day while riding a bike.

I was mindin' my own buisiness, riding a bike I borrowed from a friend and heading home from applying for a job. I get in to the Theodore Wirth Parkway area (we've got a series of parkways here in Minneapolis called the 'Grand Rounds' that are all connected and loop around the city and the lakes. Wirth is one of them) and I go up the little ramp on the corner of the sidewalk/bike trail. I was goin' kinda fast. If I had to guess at the time, I'd say about 30 MPH. I was tryin' to get home quickly. Anyway, when I hit the ramp, the whole front end of the bike came off and I quickly ate asphalt. In the process, my rib cage collided with the bike on the way down--breaking my ribs instantly.

Worst pain I ever felt in my life! Lucky for me, someone stopped quickly and helped me out. I'd have to stop too if I seen someone suddenly flip over his/her bike, rolled seven feet and slid another two, LOL.
    OMG... That sounds painful and horrible. >.< Mainly beause I've had broken ribs before, so I understand the feeling. What was with the bike falling apart omg! I'm glad someone actually stopped to help... geese!

Mine was 6 years ago or so... It's been a while but took forever to heal. I fell off my horse. The saddle strap snapped underneath and I landed straight flat on my back on a very rocky trail. Needless to say I felt them and heard them break. Took a good two years for them to heal... And what sucks is you can't do anything to relieve the pain... You can't wrap broken ribs because that can cause an infection. (T_T)

So I still feel mine every once in a while too... A strange sort of dull aching pain when I breathe, especially in winter time.

Dang we've all been all sorts of beat up! >.<

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    what sucks is you can't do anything to relieve the pain... You can't wrap broken ribs because that can cause an infection. (T_T)

So I still feel mine every once in a while too... A strange sort of dull aching pain when I breathe, especially in winter time.

Dang we've all been all sorts of beat up! >.<
    Wow, so your back ribs broke? OW! That's gotta hurt!

Another reason you can't wrap your ribs is because the off chance that they don't heal properly. Most people who've gotten their ribs wraped have had bad things happen, like, their bones fuse all funny/crooked or, something along those lines. That's what the doc in the ER told me, at least. He gave me some band-aids for my face and a giant ibuprofen that did me absolutely no good.

I get that same dull ache when I breathe. Winters suck! I thought I couldn't breathe in winter before I broke my ribs but, now, it's twice as bad (depending on the temperature). Sometimes, it feels like little gnomes are stabbing me through my ribs with hot pokers--but, I think that's cuz I sleep on it funny from time to time.

Thanks

Wow, so your back ribs broke? OW! That's gotta hurt!

Another reason you can't wrap your ribs is because the off chance that they don't heal properly. Most people who've gotten their ribs wraped have had bad things happen, like, their bones fuse all funny/crooked or, something along those lines. That's what the doc in the ER told me, at least. He gave me some band-aids for my face and a giant ibuprofen that did me absolutely no good.

I get that same dull ache when I breathe. Winters suck! I thought I couldn't breathe in winter before I broke my ribs but, now, it's twice as bad (depending on the temperature). Sometimes, it feels like little gnomes are stabbing me through my ribs with hot pokers--but, I think that's cuz I sleep on it funny from time to time.
    Yeah it hurt like crazy. Did I mention my horse is a clydesdale? He's about 6ft. 3in tall at the shoulder. (T_T) I fell a long way for falling off a horse. >.<

Yeah, the doc told me not to wrap them, as they can fuse. OMFG that would suck. I got pretty hardcore painkillers, but only for the first week... Because they pain will be there ALL the time until they heal... And of course they still hurt... So relying on pain killers is always bad.

OMG that's how I feel ... right now, actually. A few degrees colder, and I'm hurting... Little needles being stabbed into my sides and back then broken off like little metal splinters of doom. On fire. That's what it feels like. >.> ((I sleep funny too, sometimes! LOL!))

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

I haven't had any major injuries for a while, and I'm pretty thankful for that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    Yeah it hurt like crazy. Did I mention my horse is a clydesdale? He's about 6ft. 3in tall at the shoulder. (T_T) I fell a long way for falling off a horse. >.<

Yeah, the doc told me not to wrap them, as they can fuse. OMFG that would suck. I got pretty hardcore painkillers, but only for the first week... Because they pain will be there ALL the time until they heal... And of course they still hurt... So relying on pain killers is always bad.

OMG that's how I feel ... right now, actually. A few degrees colder, and I'm hurting... Little needles being stabbed into my sides and back then broken off like little metal splinters of doom. On fire. That's what it feels like. >.> ((I sleep funny too, sometimes! LOL!))
    Don't you hate when that sharp pain comes out of nowhere? I used to work collections a few months back and I would be on the phone during 90% of my day. So, I'd be tryin' to talk to customers about their past due bills and then, BAM! I get hit with that pain! Thank god for mute buttons, LOL. All my co-workers thought I was having a heart attack the first time it happened at work. Then when I try to explain it to people, I have to relive the bike crash all over again by explaining the entire scenario.

Thanks

Don't you hate when that sharp pain comes out of nowhere? I used to work collections a few months back and I would be on the phone during 90% of my day. So, I'd be tryin' to talk to customers about their past due bills and then, BAM! I get hit with that pain! Thank god for mute buttons, LOL. All my co-workers thought I was having a heart attack the first time it happened at work. Then when I try to explain it to people, I have to relive the bike crash all over again by explaining the entire scenario.
    Uuuuhhhhh I hate that! It happens at work for me too, all the time, as I sit all day in a cubicle of death, in a crap chair... So my back hurts, and the ribs are just... Not happy. I love my mute button!! For that very reason, actually. I work in medical billing, so I have to make a few hundred phone calls at the end of my week... I end up coughing and boy that hurts... I almost had to put one lady on hold. >.<

Geese, I would be mad if I had to keep telling people about that crash. (T_T) I just say, "Fell off ma horse - He's a clydesdale." Then everyone makes a O_O face and that's that. >.>

I've found those bengay heat pad things work wonders!! I have one on now and I haven't had a spasm of pain once.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike'sRose For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Sep 04, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5