Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Religion in Your Life

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religion in Your Life

I was raised Christian (in the Covenant church) and grew up with a firm belief in Jesus, until I was about 16. I started to question the church and alot of things in the bible, and went off on a quest to find "the right religion" for myself.

During my travels and research, I've learned alot about different religions--especially Buddism--but still couldn't find "the right religion". So, I figured I'd become a man of spirituality. I've noticed that most religions preach the same values (as far as respecting your fellow man and blah, blah, blah), and for the most part share the same stories--albeit a few changes have been made accoring to what religion you are. So, I kind of put a bit of each religion into my beliefs. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't praise more than one god, in fact I don't praise one at all (because I don't know his name).

I believe that there is one god and that he watches our every move. I'm also a firm believer in fate--that everything happens for a reason. I beleive in karma, as well--the energy you put forth equals the energy you recieve (what goes around comes around). I try to be humble and respectful to everyone and I'm thankful for my life, love my life and show appreciation for life--in general--as much as I can.

Will I ever just choose a religion? Who knows?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I was raised Christian (in the Covenant church) and grew up with a firm belief in Jesus, until I was about 16. I started to question the church and alot of things in the bible, and went off on a quest to find "the right religion" for myself.

During my travels and research, I've learned alot about different religions--especially Buddism--but still couldn't find "the right religion". So, I figured I'd become a man of spirituality. I've noticed that most religions preach the same values (as far as respecting your fellow man and blah, blah, blah), and for the most part share the same stories--albeit a few changes have been made accoring to what religion you are. So, I kind of put a bit of each religion into my beliefs. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't praise more than one god, in fact I don't praise one at all (because I don't know his name).

I believe that there is one god and that he watches our every move. I'm also a firm believer in fate--that everything happens for a reason. I beleive in karma, as well--the energy you put forth equals the energy you recieve (what goes around comes around). I try to be humble and respectful to everyone and I'm thankful for my life, love my life and show appreciation for life--in general--as much as I can.

Will I ever just choose a religion? Who knows?
    it's not what you choose is your problem...rather you should see from what you've learned from what you've experience. there you'll seek wisdom and that is what your religion will be providing it's purely good to god. after all what's the point god's gift of free will.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having trouble understanding your post, rematche. You're saying that it's completely up to us to choose what we believe in, yes? Can't really reply unless I know for sure what you mean.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding your post, rematche. You're saying that it's completely up to us to choose what we believe in, yes? Can't really reply unless I know for sure what you mean.
    I think that's what he's getting at.

We all have free will, and I think Rematche is saying that god wants us to use it as we see fit. I think...

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I think that's what he's getting at.

We all have free will, and I think Rematche is saying that god wants us to use it as we see fit. I think...
    bingo!!!

why do you think god let adam take the apple in the first place even though he warned him and also god already knows the outcome? because of free will people, free will. god let that happened so adam will learned from his actions just like we finding our own view of what our religion is.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never liked discussing the concept of free will because the arguments are always so contradictory. On the one hand, we believe (or would like to believe) that we have God-given free will. But on the other hand, God also knows what we're going to choose, which doesn't really make it seem like free will anymore. Then you could argue that God has the ability to intervene but chooses not to, and the argument just goes back and forth and back and forth without end. It's not something I like to think about, but it doesn't make me believe any less in my God and His goodness.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

There are so many of these religion related threads. Hard to know if I have posted in multiple times or not. well here goes anyways.

I don't follow or practice any religion now myself. I don't necesarrily see religion as the sole belief system. I mean when I tell people that I am not a follower, they always respond as if practicing is the only way to believe in something or religion is foundation for support.

I guess I wouldn't mind believing really, it's just I am probably looking for a miracle. I don't have a belief that I could honestly die for without real fear or regret. I am waiting for anything as much as I am searching.

Religion doesn't matter to me if that goal is achieved. It doesn't have to be religion and it doesn't not have to be. Either or, anything would be appreciated and the consequences don't really mean jack to me anyways.

If I could firmly believe in something or even spend the rest of my life just searching for something to truly and wholey believe in... eh..that would be more than enough.

Newbie senna is off to a good start senna's Avatar
    Thanks

Alas, I'm Jewish. Though a very lax, liberal Jew I must admit.

I go to Catholic school, so I tend to be singled out when teachers want to know how something is done in another religion, so I am sonstantly reminded of my faith. Though I really see all religions as worshiping the same G-d, but with many different faces.

As for scripture, I do not take the Torah literally (excluding the historical books)- I see it as a sort of guidelines left by G-d to be interpreted by his faithful to the best of our ability- that is why we have Rabbis, to help us understand His will properly.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast