Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion in Your Life

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religion in Your Life

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I thought I'd be the only Catholic to respond to this thread, but obviously I was wrong! Catholicism is a branch of Christianity. The difference is confusing to a lot of Catholics.. even I'm a little confused on the difference. The only thing we do that is different from other Christian religions is that we take the body and blood of Jesus Christ (bread + wine), and wash away our sins - God forgives us. We also believe Mary was the mother of God, and that Jesus Christ was our savior. Catholic Priests cannot get married, as opposed to Christian Pastors who can have a wife and kids.

My grandmother practically lives inside the church back home. She's very involved in everything that goes on there. So I grew up around a lot of Church teachings and going-ons. It's a nice experience, however, Catholic Churches are always asking for money. =_____= I guess it evolved from the original practices of the Roman Catholic ways.
    Oh Wolfie... not only Catholic Churches ask for money.... sometimes I am astonished with some of the churches of my denomination ror others that claim to be christian churches...... I get dissapointed that if my reason for going to church was men... I'd have leave long time ago. BUt because for me my reason is my creator and Father.. I still going and trying to live for him the best of my abilities on every aspect of my life.
    My influence actually is not my religion... My influence is my Lord who died and rose for me.. and forgives me everytime I mess up.... I try my best on every single aspec of my life... even when I am online....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Now now, no killing each other people.

...this is why we should just talk about the weather. Religion and Politics make people slit other people's throats.

...oh, Catholic (even though considered a "branch" of a Christian) can be considered as a Catholic by itself. Technically, they're "powerful" enough to consider themselves their own religion all together (and most do)... they also can consider themselves their own nation... but I suppose they already have one.

Anywho. I'm a Christian.
    To what extent do I believe in the Bible?
    ...that's debatable, and would cause all hell to break loose (as well as fill up this page like the book of Psalms)...

I'd rather not. I've expressed it several times before. And only a few Christians and Atheists agree with me... actually, more Atheists... I realized in that way that most Christians who consider themselves as "loose" are actually a lot more Conservative than they ever thought they should be.

But if you'd like, I can PM. Other than that, I ain't sayin'.

I respect all religions and I definitely DO NOT shove my faith down people's ears.
    ... and for some reason, that makes me a sinner to some.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

unfortunately there's a attitude from the Catholics and other branches of Christian which stretches all the way back to Roman times and the crusades. Many think spreading the good word of the Lord shall redeem all from their sins.

I myself am a Christian but it just sort of gives me a bases of what's right and wrong. Can't say that it plays a big part of my life.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Newbie Thelonious is off to a good start Thelonious's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting. I was raised Catholic, I even went to a Catholic school for 8 years. I genuinely enjoyed learning about Catholicism but the more I studied it the more I wanted to question certain things. I went as far as getting confirmed, but afterwards I became really depressed by many elements of "organized religion". Soon I stopped going to church because I felt my relationship to God was being limited by attending such organizations, but of course without said organization on back I just questioned all aspects of monotheism until I abandoned my religion altogether. I might return to religion someday when I learn how to have faith again (it may be that you cant appreciate faith until you've questioned it). I still follow "do onto others as you would have them do to you" because its great even outside of religious context.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonious View Post
    Interesting. I was raised Catholic, I even went to a Catholic school for 8 years. I genuinely enjoyed learning about Catholicism but the more I studied it the more I wanted to question certain things. I went as far as getting confirmed, but afterwards I became really depressed by many elements of "organized religion". Soon I stopped going to church because I felt my relationship to God was being limited by attending such organizations, but of course without said organization on back I just questioned all aspects of monotheism until I abandoned my religion altogether. I might return to religion someday when I learn how to have faith again (it may be that you cant appreciate faith until you've questioned it). I still follow "do onto others as you would have them do to you" because its great even outside of religious context.
    A lot of people that I know who attended Catholic Schools either do not have any set religion they feel they agree with, or have moved to a different religion. They did not stay Catholic. I wonder why that is.

Sometimes I question the ways of the catholic church as well, but that doesn't make me any less of a catholic. I have a right to be curious and wonder! I don't understand why you have to "confess" to someone. When you can just lock yourself in your room, and speak to God all by yourself. That way, you don't have to worry about other people knowing your secret, and feeling even more ashamed of what you did. And you'd be okay with God. So I just don't understand that part of my religion all the way. But it is good to let it out. Especailly if it has been carving a hole in your concious. It's always good to let someone know what you did, and let it all out. And what better person to do it to, than a priest? Catholicism is confusing.. but then again, what religion isn't? No one (especially younger kids) ever really knows what their religion is about by all aspects. There are always some flaws and things they might not agree with.

All in all, religion is a big part of my life. And my relationship with God is even bigger than that.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonious View Post
    I know that many of the people in this forum are religious, but I'd like to know more than that. I'm curious how religion is part of your life, In particular, to what extent do you practice your religion and to what extent do you believe in it (not whether or not you believe in God but how literal you take scripture). For what its worth I'm an atheist but I have much respect for people of faith and am very curious.
    I am a devout Roman Catholic, but I am tolerant enough to understand modern social issues and the beliefs of other faiths. Every Sunday, I teach a class called RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) to children (I know, it's a bit of a contradiction) ages 7-16. It's not always easy to relate to all of them, but we bond and have a blast. At Easter Vigil Mass, they are inducted into the Catholic Church. It's great; I get all proud and paternal.

What I can't stand are people who claim you're going to Hell merely because you aren't of their faith. I was once told, "You're a great person, but you will slowly burn in Hell unless you turn away from your faith and accept the true one." Well, I happen to believe that Catholicism is "the true faith," otherwise I would have dropped out ages ago! If a Catholic ever tells you that, tell him or her to read the Catechism (Church teachings), because they are full of sh**.

If anyone has questions about the Catholic faith, I will be more than happy to answer them.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I thought I'd be the only Catholic to respond to this thread, but obviously I was wrong! Catholicism is a branch of Christianity. The difference is confusing to a lot of Catholics.. even I'm a little confused on the difference. The only thing we do that is different from other Christian religions is that we take the body and blood of Jesus Christ (bread + wine), and wash away our sins - God forgives us. We also believe Mary was the mother of God, and that Jesus Christ was our savior. Catholic Priests cannot get married, as opposed to Christian Pastors who can have a wife and kids.
    Your beliefs are also quite different from the beliefs of the Protestants. I canNOT stand going for Catholic wake services, because they spend like 40 minutes just reciting the rosary and begging for Mary to pray for them in their hour of need, and for her to intervene. I don't believe that Jesus listens to prayers only if Mary intervenes. And Mary certainly does NOT have the power to save people from the fires of hell. Interestingly, a lot of Catholic people I've met seem pretty powerless to argue when I put forth the views I have that are against Catholicism, and it makes me wonder why the heck they're even Catholics in the first place. That said, almost all the Catholics in my former school eventually became Protestants. Obviously the Christian Fellowship moved them a lot more than the Catholic Students' Society did.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^;; Eheheheh... calm down calm down.

It almost sounds like it should be on the Debate & Discuss..... except that's been done before, and all hell broke loose. No flaming please (or don't encourage flaming... try to be a little softer on expressions)...

I was "born" Catholic. But that's common with people born in the Philippines. Either Catholic or Muslim. And even when turning to a different form of Christianity (or even other religion), their former faith shows like a bright sun.
    (lots of Protestant Filipinos show a sharp Catholic-like faith... )

Not so much me since I wasn't exactly RAISED in Catholic setting. (I remember lots of Catholic settings and me doing a lot of stuff, but I was only an infant)

Actually, not me at all...
    ._. I show no signs of ever being a Catholic at all.

I'm too loose to be one.
    I do know some of the prayers almost to heart, since I was raised in that.

But I was raised to be a Baptist.
    But I'm not a Baptist either.

... I don't really consider myself any Christian denomination...
    I would give the B-S reason of "all Christians worship Christ, there should be no denomination"... but that's not my reason...
    My reason is that none of the denominations agree with my points of philosophy...
    some people even say I'm not even a Christian at all.

._. But I find that incorrect.
    I know I am... I KNOW I am.
    No doubt in me.

*sigh* Yet it sucks that everyone else doubts me.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast