Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion in Your Life

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religion in Your Life

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    They believe because what he says is half true, the other half? he kind a made up I guess.
    'Suppose that's what makes a genius. A man who can almost get to the point, then ends up talking about sofas.

<.< But I seriously hope this topic doesn't get closed like all the other religion topics. We need at least ONE that's alive. >_O Happens everytime.

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks

I grew up just kind of going with the flow (like a lot of other born-Christian kids did) but along the way I had encounters (albeit not major, life-shaking ones) with God that helped me strengthen my faith.
    I'm going to say it as simply as I can....

I was born, Baptized, received First Holy Communion, and was Confirmed as a Roman Catholic. I was raised by a Roman Catholic family. I believe the Word of God from the Bible, but I also question some of it because it was written by man and it was the gift that was given to me that seperates me from every other creature on the face of the Earth... Free Will. I do not question God, but question the way the Bible was written and interpreted God's word. Man is fickle and the church was in power for a very long time... follow me here now people, I'm trying not to get tooooooooo involved here, just keeping it simple. And whoever has the power writes the history. So you see where I'm going with it... throughout the course of my life I have studied different religions, and dabbled in a few but found myself coming back to Roman Catholicism... so I don't know. Religion is something that we can talk about forever because of course whatever religion you are, you are in some way, shape or form going to abide by its rules or ways either consciously or subconsciouly, however you look at it... so if I've missed something or you want further discussion PM me or write a reply in here and I'll get back A.S.A.P.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    'Suppose that's what makes a genius. A man who can almost get to the point, then ends up talking about sofas.

<.< But I seriously hope this topic doesn't get closed like all the other religion topics. We need at least ONE that's alive. >_O Happens everytime.
    lol, Well I never talk about god much or religion but sometimes we discuss about it, I just don't understand why they crossified Jesus, only because they believed he is a devil worshiper? madness.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    You're not Catholic.
    Huh? I didn't even say I was. >__>
    "We" refers to non-Catholics.

And what is this nonsense about Jesus being a devil-worshiper!?

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Huh? I didn't even say I was. >__>
    "We" refers to non-Catholics.

And what is this nonsense about Jesus being a devil-worshiper!?
    Those back then when they brung him out of his home or his brother's trying to protect him, said he heal people using demons around them,

You never saw passionate of christ?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

What the crap? Jesus did not worship any devils in Passion of the Christ. Jesus is Lord of all; He doesn't have to worship anyone! He healed people who were possessed by demons. Maybe you need to go watch it all over again. If Mel Gibson ever depicted Jesus as a man who bows to devils, he'd be in BIG trouble.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I think what Hellknight was referring to, was the fact that Jesus could do miracles and had considerable (haha, considerable, underrated) knowledge of the Word of God... yet because they cannot prove He was blasphemer by pure fact, they merely called Him to something by the degree of "Devil Worshipper"... seeing that'd be the only "logical" idea for a Pharisee to think of where Jesus gets His power.

Of course it's ridiculous, and in that form, we who ridiculed Him during the Crucifix, should realize the situation at hand... all sins washed away, may we repent.

<.< I don't think crucifying Dr. Phil would do the same though...

Newbie Thelonious is off to a good start Thelonious's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty please don't nitpick. And please don't use Passion of the Christ as an authority of any sort. Question, do believe what you believe because they are the shared beliefs of your religion you are or are you member of your respective religion because it shares your beliefs?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast