+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Religious conscious

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Religious concious

it is completley dependent on people belifes, if they belive in god they do if they belive in anyhting they do, i think religion is a mind controlling pain, in my opinion we think of religion instead of death we turn to god to break away our fears. If we had no god our fears would consume us creating a world of worry and pain. Whatever happened i belive it was a nightmare as living may be a gift but a heavy price to pay with death. I hope god does exsist and i belive he does but this is a burden human kind carrys in their minds and hearts.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Religious conscious

Religion in its most basic form will be around as long as there are unanswered questions which pretty much means it will be around forever.

Please note that religion in its most basic form can mean a lot of things. There don't have to be any Gods or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.com's definition of "religion"
    a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

TO me religion is another pathetic means of ways to embrace death with the concious pumping out the ideals, also means of finding happines (Not meaning ot attack anyone, also I am all for finding happiness, but I just hate it throuh a religious aspect). A world without religion would be the same as a world with religion, still conflicts from opposing ideals. There would be n perfect world, for the definiton of perfect varies. Religion is just useless for me.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religious concious

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Okay, I'm not trying to attack you; this is just what I think:

People who talk about being tired of this and that and generally being resigned are all just adopting a "giving up" attitude, I think. Part of the fun in life comes from fighting for something, in this case fighting to make things work, to spread your religion, to get people to love one another. At least there's a basis for it. If there weren't religion I wouldn't really have a reason to want people to be nice to one another, except maybe for my own satisfaction (which is really a pathetic excuse). Also, I'm not sure what other Christians think, but I certainly don't think that "no religion is the true religion"; I believe MY religion is the true one - if I didn't, I wouldn't be trying to get people to come to Christ.

Religion isn't what causes persecution and prejudgments; it's human nature that does it. An outsider comes in with radical ideas; people shun him. Someone acts differently from the rest of you; you turn on him. This has nothing to do with religion.
    Oh no worries ^_^ I didn't take it as an attack... however... a little explanation... First: I am not the kind of person to give up, I fight... you have no idea how... but as Hassun said... religion is a set of beliefs... the matter here is not if we believe in a God or not (only)... we are talking about religion in general... or at least that's what I understant...

This that follows is a very personal view (concerning to my beliefs)
    I maintain my position on "no religion is a true religion" 'cos no religion has the perfect set of beliefs... there are things in my "religion" (that is the same as yours) that I completely disagree with... I don't take anything said as granted... I question... I put on the balance and there are certain things of the beliefs that I cannot take... What I believe is that there is a true God... so Him is whom I follow and I try my best to get people to follow Him not 'cos I want to gain people to "my religion" but them to follow to Him does not matter from where... I do not follow a religion nor I want people to be religious...

I follow Christ (if u wanna see it that way) ^_^... and He is not a religion... I think you know that ^_~
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Religion should be something very important in someone life.Those who haven't found one should find a relgion that makes them happy and can have complete faith in it I am very happy my religion and would never change it for anything..I think everbody should have something that they can put faith in..and if there was no religions then this world will be ever worse then it is now..I look for a time when there will be one religion untied as one..^.^

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, I think if you look at history, there are lots of cases where people have commited atrocities in the name of religion(Even if considered misguided people by their own faith). There'd be a heck of a lot less prejudice without religion, in my opinion. Now, whether the fear of an uber powerful deity is needed to keep the majority of folks in line, well, that's quite debatable.

However, I truly think Philosophy is a superior alternative to Religion in most areas. To quote Aristotle; "I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law".

Anyways, getting back to the original question, I don't think anything would change without religion, although it might perhaps be a little better(Definately arguable though). Besides, I think Philosophy would be an ample replacement anyways. The kids would still do the chores, just without their mommies telling them to, metaphorically speaking.

Well, that's my opinion, anywho.

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saionji View Post
    People need something to beleive in quite frankly, Therefore religion will always be there in some form or another.
    There is no doubt about this at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Religion in its most basic form will be around as long as there are unanswered questions which pretty much means it will be around forever.
    Originally Posted by dictionary.com's definition of "religion"
    a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Please note that religion in its most basic form can mean a lot of things. There don't have to be any Gods or something like that.
    These are good points and I agree with them.-^__^-

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

I learned in school that religion is an important aspect in life that could help avoid many "immoral" doings.

For example, It is stated that to Kill, rape, steal would mean a bad thing in the "after life". The consequences of doing so would mean an eternal suffering in the place we all refer to as "Hell" and for worshipping our religion with all our hearts we will be sent to "Heaven".

My point here is, if one would want to do any of those immoral acts, they will think twice, for those who don't have one or don't even have a belief, well thats a different story... By having a belief over life after death people would try to avoid doing "evil" and focus to have a better after life. Criminal acts would be very low if everyone is religious

I also think that religious concious is getting lower and lower this days,and i believe it will keep on going lower and lower, and Islam's reputation of it's high "morality" among it's worshipper now is like heavily threatened... im seeing muslims doing things they are not suppose to do... the values from the east are going to be thrown like rubbish... sheesh....

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast