+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Religious conscious

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religious concious

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    I think religion will alwasy happen because you got two things the big bang which is things exploded and that formed stuff which makes no sence or god which makes alot more sence so i think it will awlasy be here.
    Please dont take this as an offence but clearly you dont grasp the full science and idea around the big bang concept theiry. Its not as simple as there was an explostion and everything came into existance. Now there is no way in hell I can explain it to you but I bet if you look around on the internet and even watch the show called The Univers that was aired by the History channel that you will realize its not as simple as you would think and that there is waaaaaaay more there then you realized. When I was reading up about this and watched the show, I found it to be very facinating. I am of faith but I still believe that the big bang created everything. The question was was how it came about and the show The Univers explains in great detail about the concet and idea behind it. After some reasurching I find the idea of the big bang more plossible then god creating it. I have an add on theiry to it that includes god but it wont make sense unless you do some reasurching and watch the show The Univer your self and soke it all in.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Religious conscious

For example, It is stated that to Kill, rape, steal would mean a bad thing in the "after life". The consequences of doing so would mean an eternal suffering in the place we all refer to as "Hell" and for worshipping our religion with all our hearts we will be sent to "Heaven".

My point here is, if one would want to do any of those immoral acts, they will think twice, for those who don't have one or don't even have a belief, well thats a different story... By having a belief over life after death people would try to avoid doing "evil" and focus to have a better after life. Criminal acts would be very low if everyone is religious
    So the only reason everyone here isn't robbing and murdering like a crazed Viking is because there is a consequence for doing so? I find that kind of hard to believe pesonally, but to each his own, as they say.

I have something of an opposite opinion on that actually. I think that if nobody believed in an afterlife, they'd be less likely to mess up the one life they do have by murdering people. I mean, if you've only got 1 life to live and nothing after, would you want to use 25 years of it in jail?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

There will always be some kind of religions while there are humans, because most of us just need something to believe in, people need to feel that someone is watching over them and taking care of them at least to some extend. Plus, people want to understand life and religion right now can explain it the best, it's the easiest way- believe al life was created by a god or gods.

Well but without religion... I don't think life would go bad, people nowadays are also living with no religion and are happy. I don't think more immorality will arise from it as it mostly depends on what the parents have tought to the person anyways- there is no need to call forward god to explain why you can't steal or be evil to people...

Well I surely won't lose my faith... I'll always believe in something, though sometimes I might decide to realte on my own strengths more. Well and if by some reason I WOULD suddenly stop believing, it wouldn't change anything in me much, appart from the fact that I won't be praying every evening and asking for help to anyone else appart from myself and closest friends.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Religion in principle is not bad. If you really go into the idea of many religious groups you will find that the magority is based on peace and understanding of your fellow man and the respect for others, which also intails their beliefs even if what their opinion, thoughts, and ideas, differ from yours. The problem how ever are the people going around ranting and raving that their religion is absolut and that if you dont agree then you should be beaten, herassed, persicuted, and even killed for simply being different and thinking differently which that violant action in its self is a violation against their own religion. A good exaple of this are the Muslim exstremist, and the insane hipocriticul people who live in Kentucky. (I have been to kentucky, and the magority of the people their SUCK and are EVIL even though alot of then "go to Church" because they can use it as an excuse) These are the people who are complete and total f%@k tards who ruin the religion. No one knows which religion is true or not untill your dead. But when your dead you really cant tell any one which one is exactly the true one because, your dead. Or you simply faid away into nothingness because their is no god, no afterlife, just nothing. Thats why its called faith damn it!! Because you dont know. And we will never know.

So no, religion its self, that is practiced properly is not bad at all. Just the people who screw it up are.

All forms of Religion was created from an opinion, and an idea, and the same can be said for Athieism.

I my self am of faith but I also put my trust in science and in understanding of nature and the strength thats inside of a person. I dont say Oh it was gods had that... No I never say that. I look at things from a scientific point of view and a perspective and believe that alot that goes on in a persons life was brought upon them selves, good or bad, and not god. I believe that god sits on the side line and and rairly intervines in Human life because he has already given us the tools as nature intended and its up to us what we do with them... But thats just me.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

I mean, if you've only got 1 life to live and nothing after, would you want to use 25 years of it in jail?
    good point but it's not strong enough Luminous... ^^ If.. we have an afterlife... which always stated that if we do good we'll have a good afterlife, and if we do bad... well yea... it'll be a bad afterlife... right in Hell..

Now Luminous.. tell me... Do you rather have a 25 years of life in Prison "Plus" an "eternal" time in Hell.... since you wanted to have such afterlife because you did something bad before... or.... you rather have a good afterlife which is in Heaven?

Think.... ^^

You'd rather be happy longer don't you? By doing whats good in our short life... we can avoid getting in an eternal time in Hell....

Though.. in my religion... the time in Hell is based on how bad your actions and sins are.. for most... they are eternal of coarse...

Lets say you do believe in afterlife and thinks that this life is short... and we all know that afterlife is a very long time... or for some religion is "rebirth" i hear if you do a sin in your present life... you will be rebirth into a bad situation or into animals... we don't want that now don't we.... i bet you do as well Luminous.. unless... you are

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

good point but it's not strong enough Luminous... ^^ If.. we have an afterlife... which always stated that if we do good we'll have a good afterlife, and if we do bad... well yea... it'll be a bad afterlife... right in Hell..

Now Luminous.. tell me... Do you rather have a 25 years of life in Prison "Plus" an "eternal" time in Hell.... since you wanted to have such afterlife because you did something bad before... or.... you rather have a good afterlife which is in Heaven?

Think.... ^^
    Ah, well, I will concede that for a lot of people, the overlooming threat of eternal torture is a deterrant to commiting crimes. Although perhaps it is that the crimes prevented from this idea are balanced out by the crimes falsely justified by religion. I'm not sure about that, but I think the numbers would be decently close. If not, well, I'll drop that point as well. I guess its more of an observation than anything.

To answer your question, of course a life in Heaven would be better than Hell. However, I don't commit good acts and forgo bad acts because I'm told that there are consequences for not doing so. The thought of an afterlife doesn't factor in with my decision to commit right or wrong. Rather than just being told to be good people "or else", I think it'd be more beneficial for people to be taught the value of general respect, and realize why they should be like that. of course, that's just my opinion.

Anyways, getting back to the topic, I'll restate my original assertion. People aren't chained guard dogs. I don't believe that if you suddenly lift the consequences for killing, that everyone will run off like rabid badgers, biting and clawing whatever they can. However, I realize its impossible to test, so I guess it is more of an opinion, rather than an arguement. In fact, it might be a bit idealistic, but ah well.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Anyways, getting back to the topic, I'll restate my original assertion. People aren't chained guard dogs. I don't believe that if you suddenly lift the consequences for killing, that everyone will run off like rabid badgers, biting and clawing whatever they can.
    That could happen.. but not to everyone. Imagine the world without law... thats something near to that... people won't care much about others... killing and slaughter will be everywhere...

Law and religion works in almost the same way and strickens us from doing these things... its how the law works scare and threats us so we wont be doing any acts that might make us any act that is not allowed within it...

So to me when people have low religious concious... many moral values and many other things are going to change... slowly...

Like now... in malaysia.. the Eastern values are getting forgotton... they are following the westerns instead... :/ sheesh

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Me and Religion have an understanding. I leave it alone and it leaves me alone! Now I'm not saying that I'm an athiest as I believe I'm an open minded person however I do not feel the need to devout time to lead a Morally wholesome life (even if my thoughts aren't )

Religion has done many wonders to the world in the past, though sadly in today's society Religion is generally publicised as being a negative thing, even though that one a singular/personal level it does huge amounts of good.

I think the main problem's I see with religion is that I could never get a straight answer at School* and any answer's I did get were hippocritical, but like i see; it dosen't mean that religion's bad; it's just not for me.

*The church is against cloning and yet Eve was formed from one of Adams ribs? So even if there's an answer for that, does that mean that the human race is inbread (from some things I've seen I think so)

@The GunGrave of Trigun : God could be a more inteligant lifeform that evolved due to the Bigbang and guided the Human Race for a while.

@Scourge: The only problem I have with the Bigbang theory is that where did the componants for this Bigbang come from? "The not as Big as the next Bigbang, but still pretty Bigbang" and so forth. I am however, interested in this program you've seen as I do have a genuine love of 'Space'. Can you remember what it was called?
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast